watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Lunch...

Started by WhiteJC, October 24, 2010, 02:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

as its Sunday, what's your favorite roast, Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Pork? or don't you like roast?

we tend to have chicken most weeks, but I prefer lamb.

how about you exiles, do you keep the Sunday lunch thing going or have you gone native?

Lighthouse

Haven't eaten a Sunday lunch for years. Beef and Yorkshire and Roast Potatoes would be my choice.

Bread and Dripping again? Here we go again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Sunday Lunch is out of the window given time difference in NY. Here it is full on English breakfast with ESB instead.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 24, 2010, 02:53:01 PM
as its Sunday, what's your favorite roast, Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Pork? or don't you like roast?

we tend to have chicken most weeks, but I prefer lamb.

how about you exiles, do you keep the Sunday lunch thing going or have you gone native?
How about d) all of the above ? Love a good roast with the porkie pig a narrow favourite for me. It's becoming harder to find a pub offering a good Sunday roast here, very rarely offered in summer and gradually disappearing at Christmas too as it really doesn't suit the climate. I'll still get stuck in if it's offered though !

fulhamwannabe

it's couscous for me every friday at me mums,but i must admit,i use to love tucking in a roast lamb sunday dinner when i was in hammersmith :024:
anybody tried it before?

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 24, 2010, 03:14:06 PM
it's couscous for me every friday at me mums,but i must admit,i use to love tucking in a roast lamb sunday dinner when i was in hammersmith :024:
anybody tried it before?

my daughter loves couscous and I love a good roast lamb.

Good thread JC, I know what's for lunch dinner today!!!

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 24, 2010, 03:37:23 PM
my daughter loves couscous and I love a good roast lamb.
...both welcome at my mum's for a good old arab "fine cuisine" mate

LBNo11

...I love a nice lean piece of lamb with mint sauce, but still favourite is a roast chicken with sage and onion stuffing roast tatties and all the trimmings.

I am the only member of the Eleven household who likes turkey, and if you haven't tried venison, which can be very cheap (you have to shop around) you will be in for a treat depending on your taste buds.

Now, most important, what is your favourite stuffing flavour - and does it have to be Paxo..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDaddy

Its a light one today. Had the family over since tuesday and all we have eaten is meat Tuesday was lamb chops,wednesday was beef thursday was steak friday back to beef in yorkshire wraps.Its a very meaty fragrance in the household .Were down to only three rolls of bog paper so its been busy......
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

RidgeRider

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 24, 2010, 03:51:14 PM
Its a light one today. Had the family over since tuesday and all we have eaten is meat Tuesday was lamb chops,wednesday was beef thursday was steak friday back to beef in yorkshire wraps.Its a very meaty fragrance in the household .Were down to only three rolls of bog paper so its been busy......
:011:

LB, I love cornbread stuffing with oysters, sage, mushrooms, onions, walnuts, and a good dose of pepper. Yum.

fulhamwannabe

l,b did i understand you correctly?are there 11 members in your family?

Fletchino

Just got back from a toby carverey and had a bit of all beef turkey gammon lamb well nice stuffed my face and am now having a lie down

finnster01

Quote from: FLETCHINO on October 24, 2010, 05:51:56 PM
Just got back from a toby carverey and had a bit of all beef turkey gammon lamb well nice stuffed my face and am now having a lie down
I can fully relate to the old lie down Mr Fletch.

Nothing like pigging out on a big piece of meat only to follow up with a snooze and a dream and seeing yourself hoist the FA Cup in a Fulham shirt... It has happened to me twice, yet the dream has yet to kick in mate. Maybe this is the year?

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Beef in Yorkshire wraps - not familar with that one The Daddy - please explain.

HatterDon

I do like a traditional English meat and two veg Sunday lunch. Lamb would probably be my favorite, although if they're not overcooked, pork or beef will work as well.

About 20 years ago I stumbled into a pub that had just evicted its abusive and alcoholic landlord. The guy had completely alienated his clientele, and since there was another pub directly over the road, things looked dicey.

They new landlord was a young English lad who was a French-trained chef, and he rean the place with the help of his family. The boy knew how to deal with a real ale, and I got to be good friends with his entire family. Over time, I brought more and more people into the pub and the combination of the good beer and the incredibly good food put the pub right again. Anyhow, his mum was in charge of Sunday dinner and, if I was in on a Thursday night, she'd call out, "Don, what do you fancy for Sunday?" Whatever meat I requested was served. Man, them was the days.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

I have kept it going for years with my kids growing up. they love it. Preference is lamb but problem in usa, the lamb is crap. Occasionally can get australian but ridiculously expensive.
A whole leg can cost over $50. Sometimes on sale and I buy 3 legs and freeze them.

TheDaddy

Quote from: White Noise on October 24, 2010, 06:29:06 PM

Beef in Yorkshire wraps - not familar with that one The Daddy - please explain.

Its a simple one mate and bloody tasty.
Oven bake your batter mix once cooked place thin slices of Beef on top and roll.Place back in oven for five minutes ,Make a beef gravy add two heaped teaspoons of horse radish to the gravy.Then serve put the gravy in a dipping bowl.OPPS BETTER EXPLAIN YOU NEED TO DO THE MIX IN A BAKING TRAY RATHER THAN PUDDING DISHES.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

leonffc

Beef is my favourite.

Usually I slate people for putting tom sauce or what ever condiment on their food as I consider it sacriledge to ruin good food with slop BUT horseradish is an absolute must!!

leonffc

Quote from: leonffc on October 24, 2010, 08:18:39 PM
Beef is my favourite.

Usually I slate people for putting tom sauce or what ever condiment on their food as I consider it sacriledge to ruin good food with slop BUT horseradish is an absolute must!!

Also, has anyone experience 'rumblethumps' from Sainsbury's? potato, savoy cabage, swede, light chees sauce with cheese on top. A must for any roast

Jimpav

Tough decision.

I slow roasted a shoulder of lamb the other week and it was fantastic. Very flavoursome and there was plenty of it to do a stew in the week.

Love roast beef but it has to be very pink in the middle.