https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zambo Thoughts

Started by Horsfield_No9, March 17, 2019, 09:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

-My MOTM today
-Still young and a little raw but BAGS of potential
-Could boss the Championship based on today and his performance v Millwall when he looked best player by a county mile
-Time to get excited?

Thoughts???
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Andy S

I can't disagree. It is could and not will

The Rational Fan

The Stats say that was a below average performance for Anguissa, but stats also say that his best performance in a Fulham shirt by a long way. Hopefully, he'll play against ManCity like he did against Neymar.

wormbridge

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 17, 2019, 10:05:00 PM
The Stats say that was a below average performance for Anguissa, but stats also say that his best performance in a Fulham shirt by a long way. Hopefully, he'll play against ManCity like he did against Neymar.

what stats?  He played excellently.  He's barely played and the team's been managed terribly.    The poo he and Seri have taken this season is (I think) borderline laughable, but at least he's shown what he can do now.  He's had 9 starts, he's 23, and he's a good signing.

@jolslover

Agree with OP, Good post and nice to see some positivity here.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

It's the best I have seen him play, which is encouraging, he actually looked interested today.
Let's hope he performs like that on a regular basis, because he has to.
It looks as though Scott is starting to get the best out of the players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

His biggest problems imo were...

• conditioning
    speed of EPL
    he's not a holding mid
    he got injured

He has potential...but he's got to get games.

St. Andrews White

Thought he was class today. Put himself about, great interceptions, held the ball when needed and generally positive in his passing. More of the same please

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

@jolslover

"I definitely do," said Fulham's caretaker boss. "I thought Frank was superb today. He's had a difficult time, obviously, coming in on a big transfer fee. Probably getting up to speed with the league has been difficult at times.

"But you look at all the top teams, whether it's Man United with Fred, or Liverpool with Fabinho early on in the season, they're not playing too much because they're trying to get up to the pace of the Premier League

"Us as a football club need Frank straightaway really, but he just needed time to settle in, and certainly today, I thought he was first class. He did really well and I'm really pleased for him."

Good from Parker on Anguissa. Saw he spent a lot of time speaking to Anguissa after the game.
STH H3

hovewhite

Agree with all the above and just nice to see positives in a season of misery!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wormbridge on March 17, 2019, 10:10:59 PM

what stats?  He played excellently.  He's barely played and the team's been managed terribly.    The poo he and Seri have taken this season is (I think) borderline laughable, but at least he's shown what he can do now.  He's had 9 starts, he's 23, and he's a good signing.

Anguissa has an incredible high whoscored career average of 7.17, and today he got a 6.97 which is his best performance in six months. The Fulham shirt has been like kyronite for the guy, like a Newcastle shirt is for Mitrovoic. Hopefully, the new coach is the difference, like Sojaker was for Pogba.

I agree, that Anguissa and Seri have been getting poo. But, I don't see any real football analysis of why Anguissa was great against PSG marking Neymar, devasting against Australia with Aaron Mooy and absolutely useless against Huddersfield with Aaron Mooy.

But, The Football Analysis I'd really love to have someone explain to me is "What the hell is Seri doing wrong with his Key Passes?". Seri has passed the ball 54 times to a player that has shot for goal and only two have gone in, even more amazing is he has done 37 short key passes that the other player has shot for goal with only one Goal. It must be partly Seri's fault cause he had a similar problem at Nice. But still if a striker had 37 shots and only one went in people would all be discussing it as an issue to be solve.d

There are so many questions that arise from Seri's passes that lead to 54 shots and only 2 goals : i) why are they shooting?, ii) were all 54 genunine chances and were the shots on target? iii) why are they missing 52 of 54 times? iv) were there other options to pass instead of shot? and v) which players missed?. I hope Scott Parker knows the answer, if not I'd get a coach or scout to watch all 54 passes and work out why. After all it's not Seri missing the shots, it's his passes leading to 52 missed shots.

If someone can explain why when Seri passes the ball players shot, but he rarely gets an assist, things will make more sense to me. For me, if a player passes the ball so another player shots that is great work, but if it rarely leads to goals something needs to change. if we are not careful, we will sell Seri to Tottenham and Harry Kane will be scoring on at least 10 goals out of 54 key passes.

H4usuallysitting

Strangely, I've never doubted him or Seri.....they don't turn into bad player's overnight....they were dropped into a new team that didn't know each other - and a new league that has moved on since we were last in it - with a manager that had no experience in it - combination of errors

toshes mate

Certainly the team's performance was better than the Leicester game but there are still few signs that those price tags for midfielders were justified.  Anguissa certainly continues to show improvement, but, IMO, the problems remain our inability to respond to giving the ball away cheaply via rapid recovery reaction, with Seri noticeably deficient in doing so.  There is still naivety in many of the on field partnerships and football is always a case of every player being aware of what every other player will do in a given situation.  Hence individuals are only ever as good as the support regime around them. In the first half yesterday we were too often denied space to work with because of these unclear and irresolute understandings.  That's a shame for SP because he has so little time to fix it but seems to be moving in the right direction -at times; e.g. the pace of R Sessegnon made a big difference yesterday when he came on, with Bryan having a pretty good all round game at left back (my MOTM).  Ayite was also involved and involving but TFM is just not partnership savvy or confident enough to exploit that but may improve with game time.

Anguissa seems to personify the whole season in that we see glimpses of what may be but as soon as they have shined there is a reason to doubt that anything good will come of it.

wormbridge

Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2019, 08:25:01 AM

Anguissa seems to personify the whole season in that we see glimpses of what may be but as soon as they have shined there is a reason to doubt that anything good will come of it.

I don't see why this should be the case.  He's had 9 starts and played superbly against the second best team in the country.  He was good before he came to Fulham so I've always found it odd how quickly he was written off by our resident "I've been going since 1965" experts.

wormbridge

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 18, 2019, 03:29:10 AM
Quote from: wormbridge on March 17, 2019, 10:10:59 PM

Anguissa has an incredible high whoscored career average of 7.17, and today he got a 6.97 which is his best performance in six months. The Fulham shirt has been like kyronite for the guy, like a Newcastle shirt is for Mitrovoic. Hopefully, the new coach is the difference, like Sojaker was for Pogba.

I agree, that Anguissa and Seri have been getting poo. But, I don't see any real football analysis of why Anguissa was great against PSG marking Neymar, devasting against Australia with Aaron Mooy and absolutely useless against Huddersfield with Aaron Mooy.

But, The Football Analysis I'd really love to have someone explain to me is "What the hell is Seri doing wrong with his Key Passes?". Seri has passed the ball 54 times to a player that has shot for goal and only two have gone in, even more amazing is he has done 37 short key passes that the other player has shot for goal with only one Goal. It must be partly Seri's fault cause he had a similar problem at Nice. But still if a striker had 37 shots and only one went in people would all be discussing it as an issue to be solve.d

There are so many questions that arise from Seri's passes that lead to 54 shots and only 2 goals : i) why are they shooting?, ii) were all 54 genunine chances and were the shots on target? iii) why are they missing 52 of 54 times? iv) were there other options to pass instead of shot? and v) which players missed?. I hope Scott Parker knows the answer, if not I'd get a coach or scout to watch all 54 passes and work out why. After all it's not Seri missing the shots, it's his passes leading to 52 missed shots.

If someone can explain why when Seri passes the ball players shot, but he rarely gets an assist, things will make more sense to me. For me, if a player passes the ball so another player shots that is great work, but if it rarely leads to goals something needs to change. if we are not careful, we will sell Seri to Tottenham and Harry Kane will be scoring on at least 10 goals out of 54 key passes.

Aha! Interesting.    I just think that people hugely underestimate how badly the team has been managed.  Slav probably had the misfortune of trying to get them to gel and Ranieri was extraordinarily bad, but Parker and co seem to have got to grips with the situation quickly.   Seri/Anguissa with Chambers at CB has seemed obvious to me for a while as it solves the team's biggest hole (CB) and allows us to play our best two midfielders together.   Which hasn't happened this season more than a couple of times.

I have often wondered the same about Seri's key passes.  I wonder if they include set pieces in those, so the chances aren't particularly good ones.  Either way he and Anguissa progress the ball quickly and accurately, which whoscored won't catch and which our fans seem to ignore.  It's an important ability. 

wormbridge

Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2019, 08:25:01 AM
Certainly the team's performance was better than the Leicester game but there are still few signs that those price tags for midfielders were justified.  Anguissa certainly continues to show improvement, but, IMO, the problems remain our inability to respond to giving the ball away cheaply via rapid recovery reaction, with Seri noticeably deficient in doing so.  There is still naivety in many of the on field partnerships and football is always a case of every player being aware of what every other player will do in a given situation.  Hence individuals are only ever as good as the support regime around them. In the first half yesterday we were too often denied space to work with because of these unclear and irresolute understandings.  That's a shame for SP because he has so little time to fix it but seems to be moving in the right direction -at times; e.g. the pace of R Sessegnon made a big difference yesterday when he came on, with Bryan having a pretty good all round game at left back (my MOTM).  Ayite was also involved and involving but TFM is just not partnership savvy or confident enough to exploit that but may improve with game time.

£20m quid doesn't buy you a superstar anymore, it buys you a Premiership quality midfielder, which Seri and Anguissa are. 

The team was good in transitioning to defending.  It's been an achilles heel all year for sure but they did it well against Liverpool.  Seri is an energetic influence in the middle and not really defensively minded, but he will engage in the press and doesn't lack for effort.

wormbridge

Quote from: @jolslover on March 18, 2019, 12:19:19 AM
"I definitely do," said Fulham's caretaker boss. "I thought Frank was superb today. He's had a difficult time, obviously, coming in on a big transfer fee. Probably getting up to speed with the league has been difficult at times.

"But you look at all the top teams, whether it's Man United with Fred, or Liverpool with Fabinho early on in the season, they're not playing too much because they're trying to get up to the pace of the Premier League

"Us as a football club need Frank straightaway really, but he just needed time to settle in, and certainly today, I thought he was first class. He did really well and I'm really pleased for him."

Good from Parker on Anguissa. Saw he spent a lot of time speaking to Anguissa after the game.

Really starting to warm to Parker.  He seems to have the right approach to things.  I hope he gets to stick it out.

toshes mate

Quote from: wormbridge on March 18, 2019, 08:57:41 AM
£20m quid doesn't buy you a superstar anymore
Plenty of teams buy players who eventually prove to be world class for a lot less than half that price. 

toshes mate

Seri is an energetic influence in the middle and not really defensively minded, but he will engage in the press and doesn't lack for effort.
All players should be defensively minded when the team lose possession.....

wormbridge

Quote from: toshes mate on March 18, 2019, 09:10:26 AM
Seri is an energetic influence in the middle and not really defensively minded, but he will engage in the press and doesn't lack for effort.
All players should be defensively minded when the team lose possession.....

He's willing but that's not his strength.  He's fine, but earlier in the year he was being played too deep.  That's fine.   You could say the same things about Paul Pogba.  Not everyone can be everything.