https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Europa cup final

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 29, 2019, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Burt on May 29, 2019, 07:31:05 PM
Predictions?

I'm going 2-1 for the Gooners, after extra time.

I say 4 1 to the pensioners after 72 minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quite easy to watch this match. I have it in my living room, I just go to channel 528.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

The Arse defending as if they are us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

Terrible game. Felt like a training game because there was no atmosphere
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the crowd were in a different postcode to the pitch. The stall pitched outside the stadium made a fortune in selling Binoculars and Telescopes, they even sold out of magnifying glasses.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

It was a match without an atmosphere, completely sterile.  But I'm sure the UEFA bosses were happy, they are probably considerably wealthier as a result.

JoelH5

Tonight shows why you dont price fans out of football.  Imagine every game was half full like that.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Completely bankrupt of any atmosphere thanks to a half empty stadium and a pitch which looked like it was in the middle of an empty carpark. Has to be one of the most boring finals in the history of the competition.

Never forget your Roots.

kiwian

Agree Woolly, I awitched after the 3rd goal and most of what went before I fast forwarded on mysky, from where the game was filmed. Is our final available anywhere?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Burt

Poor game, poor venue.

UEFA, take a bow...

SP

Although we lost the finals at Wembley & Hamburg, at least we got to experience the atmosphere of real finals. 

Russianrob

This game capped off a miserable season for all Fulham fans.

Camel Club

That has to be the most boring European final for years. Competely devoid of atmosphere and the fans miles away from the pitch.

More than anything another nail in the coffin for genuine supporters. Putting aside our dislike of all things Chelsea for one minute (or at least trying to) did anybody notice that when the camera panned to their supporters that even after the first and second goals half of them greeted the goals with nothing more than polite applause? Shows you just how much real supporters have been priced out.

Once football is no longer the sport to be seen to be going to watch I can't imagine that Tarquin, Giles and Rupert will soil the soles of their shoes by going anywhere near something that commoners like.

Westlondonffc

It typified perfectly a game between the two most plastic, new age, spoilt set of supporters