watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lazar Marković

Started by Beamer, March 21, 2019, 08:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamer

Has anybody got a clue why we felt the need to sign him. Unless he is injured he seems to have completely disappeared from the scene. He had 45 mins in the loss to West Ham in which according to the text report on the game he failed to do anything worth mentioning.
He was an unused sub in the following game and hasn't made the squad since. Nor does he seem to be in the Serbian squad either.
So can someone explain why he was felt necessary - hardly made an impact has he.

Sting of the North

Maybe he wasn't deemed necessary but just signed as additional cover since we loaned out Kamara? And then maybe he is deemed to not be better than Kebano, Vietto or Ayite by SP. Hardly breaking the bank on this short term signing, so maybe just deemed being worth a punt, in case he happened to show something in training indicating that he could make a contribution?

Although I agree that he didn't accomplish much in his 45 minutes, I think that you should be careful in thinking that text reports from football games is a good measure on anyone's performance.

Milo

24, signed for £20m a few years ago, and lost his way after a series of loan spells.

Think he's a Mitrovic waiting to happen, personally!

Mince n Tatties

Last seen on Tuesday signing on at Hammersmith job centre.📝

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 21, 2019, 09:43:05 AM
Last seen on Tuesday signing on at Hammersmith job centre.📝
Along with TK.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Meanies! A few seasons in the Championship? He's Piazon MK2 at least. Plus, keeps Mitro a little happier.

filham

Probably just being added to the long list of failed stats signings.

snarks

Quote from: filham on March 21, 2019, 09:50:56 AM
Probably just being added to the long list of failed stats signings.

Recommendation from Mitro personally as I always understood, it was also accepted he was not match fit. Harsh to say he was a stats signing, if anything he was an anti stats signing, as his stats over the last couple of years can't have been good.

Penfold

Signed to ensure a third January window signing and, therefore, meaning multiple signings were made. Or am I just cynical?

Horsfield_No9

Can't see him playing for us again. He's just another one to add to the long list of last min weird Jan signings we make.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Matt10

Looked good when he came on against West Ham. Soft touches, prioritized passing to Cairney first, and went about his way. Would like to see him again, but not sure he's in Parker's plans the rest of this season.

elgreenio

Quote from: Matt10 on March 21, 2019, 12:28:30 PM
Looked good when he came on against West Ham. Soft touches, prioritized passing to Cairney first, and went about his way. Would like to see him again, but not sure he's in Parker's plans the rest of this season.

likewise thought he looked pretty good in that game. Wouldn't blame SP if he didnt feature again though, he's less likely to be here next season than Kebano and Ayite
touch my camera through the fence

snarks

Given SP's comments over AFZA and time to adjust and adapt, he could be doing the same here, give him time to get fit and get used to how he wants him to play rather than throwing him in, allowing him to get demoralized and then having to build up his confidence again.

Matt10

Quote from: elgreenio on March 21, 2019, 12:36:07 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 21, 2019, 12:28:30 PM

likewise thought he looked pretty good in that game. Wouldn't blame SP if he didnt feature again though, he's less likely to be here next season than Kebano and Ayite

Yeah, I believe that to be the case as well considering he hasn't even made the 18 under SP, right?

Quote from: snarks on March 21, 2019, 12:41:04 PM
Given SP's comments over AFZA and time to adjust and adapt, he could be doing the same here, give him time to get fit and get used to how he wants him to play rather than throwing him in, allowing him to get demoralized and then having to build up his confidence again.

Agreed, it's a good strategy and one that Ranieri probably needed to come to terms with versus publicly demoralizing players such as calling them weak, etc.

FWIW, isn't Markovic a permanent signing for us? Could be a chance he stays based on that alone, but chances are even more slim if we transfer Mitro somewhere.

The Rational Fan

Seems kind of a clever signing to me. This season, our starting wingers were running out of puff (stopped riunning) around the 65 minute mark and we needed to win every game. Next Season, the transfer window for our forward line will be the most unstable of any position (due to Mitrovoic, Sessegnon, Schullre, Babel, Kamara, Vietto, Atiye and Kebano all being unceratin). We need at least three of those sorted out before pre-season and another three forwards added by the end of the transfer window.

As his contract is coming to an end, it makes sense to determine the price he is worth (which maybe very low) then offer him a contract of that price and see if he accepts/rejects it. Given his premiership dreams aren't looking great, his main dreams are probably getting back into the Serbia team, forming a partnership with Mitrovoic can make those dreams come true. Football Wise this club is a great opportunity for him, we should get him at a discount give we can help his career goals of playing for Serbia.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 21, 2019, 02:09:24 PM
Seems kind of a clever signing to me.
'Clever' as for the reasons Penfold gives in reply#8...I presume.

Jamie88

Does anyone know how much we paid for him? I presume a pretty small fee

ALG01

The man is a brilliant signing?
Since parker arrived he hasn't had a sniff!

Matt10

Quote from: ALG01 on March 21, 2019, 03:19:11 PM

Neither has Cisse, but he's played well for us this season. The bench is only so wide.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on March 21, 2019, 03:19:11 PM

We paid his wages only, and at the end of season he will have to agree new wages. With Mitrovoic here, he knows his best chances to play for Serbia are at Fulham, so we only have to pay what other teams are offering. Based on the 45 minutes we saw, he is good enough for spot in the 25 squad, pay him a little less than Kebano and it will be great. If he's better than Kebano maybe a little more.