watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop The Greed Protest.

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 26, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

I haven't actually seen anything anywhere about what form the protest takes in the 55th minute, only that there is one. Can someone explain what is going to happen?

hovewhite

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 27, 2019, 01:20:36 PM
I dont believe the club under current ownership give a toss about us, the ordinary fans, they just want to screw as much out of us as possible. Top dollar for c..p product! The current DoF could not give a toss what we think about his abilities, or more to the point lack of them. What Tony knows about football and running a club could be put on a postage stamp, what he thinks he knows about football and running a club is probably a fair size read, AM seems to have read it!
the club under the Khan's don't give a monkeys about the fans they know they will get bums on seats anyway.i have been on there case all season re Next seasons S/Ts and certain people on this board have been trying to shut me down for personal reasons of there own.ive lost faith in my club since the Khan's have taken over and question there motives all over the club,think Khan senior wants higher S/Ts as impproves the value of the club ,far more coperate which will happen with the new Riverside when built and will sell club for a profit after he aquires Wembley.
Reasonable ticket prices I think will dissapear.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on March 27, 2019, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: Dodger53 on March 27, 2019, 01:20:36 PM
I dont believe the club under current ownership give a toss about us, the ordinary fans, they just want to screw as much out of us as possible. Top dollar for c..p product! The current DoF could not give a toss what we think about his abilities, or more to the point lack of them. What Tony knows about football and running a club could be put on a postage stamp, what he thinks he knows about football and running a club is probably a fair size read, AM seems to have read it!
the club under the Khan's don't give a monkeys about the fans they know they will get bums on seats anyway.i have been on there case all season re Next seasons S/Ts and certain people on this board have been trying to shut me down for personal reasons of there own.ive lost faith in my club since the Khan's have taken over and question there motives all over the club,think Khan senior wants higher S/Ts as impproves the value of the club ,far more coperate which will happen with the new Riverside when built and will sell club for a profit after he aquires Wembley.
Reasonable ticket prices I think will dissapear.

Agree 👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

As a strong believer in economic liberalism, I'm struggling to agree with the popular argument on this thread that the club should be forced, for 'ethical' sorts of reasons, to sell its product for less than lots of customers are evidently prepared to pay.

However I do have sympathy for economic arguments, such as the idea that targeting these wealthier customers is dangerous short-termism because they're transient corporate types and tourists, not proper fans who'll keep buying tickets when we're relegated and sending their kids here for years to come.

It's also arguable IMO that those sorts of fans are far less likely to make an noise at games, leading to a crap atmosphere that may even have an adverse impact on results.

flyingfish

Some protest planning if I can't even find out what the priest is or how one participates. Will be a damp squib.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: flyingfish on March 27, 2019, 07:45:53 PM
Some protest planning if I can't even find out what the priest is or how one participates. Will be a damp squib.

The links have been removed.

Apparently the club have put a stop to the banners getting in the ground.
¡COYW!

Statto

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 27, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

Sinister

flyingfish

Well,perhaps. But if it was to be an effective protest it would be all over Twitter. Sounds like one bloke and a banner to me. What is everyone else supposed to be doing in the 55th minute?

Twig

Quote from: flyingfish on March 27, 2019, 08:33:23 PM
Well,perhaps. But if it was to be an effective protest it would be all over Twitter. Sounds like one bloke and a banner to me. What is everyone else supposed to be doing in the 55th minute?

What is the significance of the 55th minute please? I will be there and just want to understand.  I have some sympathy with the point that is being made because, whilst I think ST prices are ok, individual match day ticket prices are shocking.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Twig on March 27, 2019, 09:21:52 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on March 27, 2019, 08:33:23 PM

What is the significance of the 55th minute please? I will be there and just want to understand.  I have some sympathy with the point that is being made because, whilst I think ST prices are ok, individual match day ticket prices are shocking.

Price of the cheapest ticket this Saturday.
¡COYW!

Samjack

Quote from: Statto on March 27, 2019, 07:39:14 PM
As a strong believer in economic liberalism, I'm struggling to agree with the popular argument on this thread that the club should be forced, for 'ethical' sorts of reasons, to sell its product for less than lots of customers are evidently prepared to pay.

However I do have sympathy for economic arguments, such as the idea that targeting these wealthier customers is dangerous short-termism because they're transient corporate types and tourists, not proper fans who'll keep buying tickets when we're relegated and sending their kids here for years to come.

It's also arguable IMO that those sorts of fans are far less likely to make an noise at games, leading to a crap atmosphere that may even have an adverse impact on results.

I suspect my politics are completely different to yours so I won't bother trying to convince you of the 'ethical' reasons behind lower prices. However, I think you are 100% correct with your other points.

Even if you take a purely economic/ business model view of ticket prices, then keeping a proportion at a lower price is an absolute no-brainer. Cheaper tickets encourage the younger, teen - 20-something crowd who are main generators of noise but generally have smaller wallets. Similarly, expensive tickets undoubtedly mean more tourists/ corporates/ day-trippers who are not as emotionally invested in the club. Together, this means an increasingly poor atmosphere. And it is the atmosphere that makes people go to football rather than watching it on the tele so it is imperative that you find ways (e.g. cheaper tickets) to keep it.

The amount of foreign mates or non-match going mates who I have known go to a premier league game (at a variety of clubs - Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs) and then say afterwards how surprised they were by the subdued nature of the crowd is astounding - basically all of them. Accordingly, they don't see the point of spending another £60+ to go to another one (they don't get hooked and have 'ticked' the box of attending a premier league game) and so you are just encouraging more and more once-only day-trippers to fill your seats. This is short-term for the club in terms of creating new supporters and also means a poorer atmosphere for us fans who can still afford to go but will find ourselves surrounded by people who don't care as much as we do. This in turn, might make us enjoy it less and lose 'the buzz'. Personally speaking I get way more buzz from the crowd and the atmosphere than I do from the vast majority of the football on show. The club have to recognise that offering cheaper tickets has to be a crucial part of their 'business model' of offering an exciting atmosphere that you feel a part of.

The atmosphere in the German league where ticket prices are cheaper is noticeably better than in England. English Football (not just Fulham to be fair) is destroying itself with this issue of greed over ticket pricing.   

Southcoastffc

It just might be worth bearing in mind a survey of Prem clubs (undertaken by I don't know whom but it was in the MAF years) which as I recall showed that Fulham supporters had the league's highest disposable income.  I doubt that the club's administration is ignorant of that.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Samjack

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 27, 2019, 10:55:31 PM
It just might be worth bearing in mind a survey of Prem clubs (undertaken by I don't know whom but it was in the MAF years) which as I recall showed that Fulham supporters had the league's highest disposable income.  I doubt that the club's administration is ignorant of that.

According to the Mirror, we are comparatively poor (so even more reason to bring the prices down)...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/highest-earning-football-fans-revealed-13016819

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Samjack on March 27, 2019, 11:10:09 PM

According to the Mirror, we are comparatively poor (so even more reason to bring the prices down)...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/highest-earning-football-fans-revealed-13016819

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting it.  I have to say that it does surprise me very much. £27k seems remarkably low.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Samjack

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 27, 2019, 11:15:23 PM

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting it.  I have to say that it does surprise me very much. £27k seems remarkably low.

It could be lower than you expect because we have so many retired fans who could be cash rich but 'earn' comparatively little. Let's be honest, there's a lot of grey hair and bald heads on show at the cottage any given Saturday!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Samjack on March 27, 2019, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 27, 2019, 11:15:23 PM

It could be lower than you expect because we have so many retired fans who could be cash rich but 'earn' comparatively little. Let's be honest, there's a lot of grey hair and bald heads on show at the cottage any given Saturday!
Good point, and very true!  092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 27, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

They can't do that surely.
Apparently  banners will be displayed outside the ground according to 5 live and Lee Clark,who said protest is correct....We shall see.

snarks

Just as a question, if Fulham hadn't frozen ST prices from relegation until promotion and put them up each year in line with the CPI what would they be now, compared to what the prices where for the non early bird ST's?

flyingfish

And still no one he told me what form this 'protest' takes in the 45th minute.  How can one possibly join in? Are we chucking tennis balls on the pitch? Walking out? Turning our backs?

Woolly Mammoth

I fear there has been a small misunderstanding, you have to wait for a secret signal from Sir Craven of Cottage, who will also be in attendance as a special guest of nose, then everyone led not by a banner waving protester, but by David Banner from the incredible hulk series who use to say just before he turned into the hulk after saying, "don't make me angry, you won't like me when ime angry", as I say after the signal everyone, and that means every single supporter must get up and walk out of the ground, and make their way to the Golden Lion to stage another protest about how to help prevent another plague of locusts by using disinfectant when cleaning the premises.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.