https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop The Greed Protest.

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 26, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Hope you that are going,will be joining in.👍

hovewhite

Now's the Time to do it whilst they are planning what to do with Riverside's being moved if it happens , the powers to be have some decisions to make re S/Ts pricing.

Oakeshott

"By the response,looks like too many of you on here are so wealthy that it doesn't bother you"

Or it could be that some, like me, are already priced out of attending games.

In the late 1950s the 1960s, my father and my uncle (neither of whom earned more than the average wage) were able to take me and my cousin to every home game. At one stage I'd missed only one home game in nearly twenty years.

In the mid 1980s, when my two sons were around the age of ten, I could take the three of us to games, though admittedly we were then in the second division.

Now as a pensioner I certainly couldn't afford to go to every game even if, as a non season ticket holder, I could get a ticket.

A possible small silver lining to the black cloud of near certain relegation is that next season tickets may be easier to get and cheaper.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 26, 2019, 05:59:19 PM
"By the response,looks like too many of you on here are so wealthy that it doesn't bother you"

Or it could be that some, like me, are already priced out of attending games.

In the late 1950s the 1960s, my father and my uncle (neither of whom earned more than the average wage) were able to take me and my cousin to every home game. At one stage I'd missed only one home game in nearly twenty years.

In the mid 1980s, when my two sons were around the age of ten, I could take the three of us to games, though admittedly we were then in the second division.

Now as a pensioner I certainly couldn't afford to go to every game even if, as a non season ticket holder, I could get a ticket.

A possible small silver lining to the black cloud of near certain relegation is that next season tickets may be easier to get and cheaper.

👍

ScalleysDad

I must have missed the back story leading to a proposed protest but as with others, and there are many Mince, I have already been priced out of attending as regularly as I would like. Scalley does not even factor the cost into her lifestyle nowadays and simply does other stuff. The Championship prices and options will be interesting.

AnOldBrownie

How much is a season ticket?  (I'm too lazy to look it up)

Not that I'm buying...living here in Los Angeles.    Just curious how high  tickets are priced compared to other premiere league clubs.  19 home games correct?

snarks

I know nothing about this, is it an anti capitalist march?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: snarks on March 26, 2019, 06:30:31 PM
I know nothing about this, is it an anti capitalist march?

lol

No protest at the Cottage Saturday against our prices.

ALG01

The price of football is a sacandal nowadays.

We all know that, and the prices at fulham far outweigh the anguish this season. But I feel sure the PR machine will justify unjustifiable prices with the excuses as follows:-
Reduced TV income but maintaing squad
More games
Reduced ground capacity means need to increase income
New stand requires to be paid for.

The above in one form or another will all be stated.

An anecdote. Before my wife and were an item, i had a girlfriend that supported spurs (sorry)
About 930 one saturday morning she called and said they were playing chelsea at the lane did i want to go with her.
So for obvious reasons we went. These were the days of the loathsome osgood and horrible big chiv, and fulham were in the lower leagues by then. So we got there, queded up for a bit, got two seats behind the goal and it didn't cost much. No need to book, pay on the gate and we could all afford it.
Nowadays you would not get near that game on the day let alone afford the price as two school kids.

For the record spurs won 3 0, i hated every second,it wasn't us playing.

A generation of children will think football is only available on sattelite TV, i am sure this is all long term bad.

Woolly Mammoth

Everybody wants a piece of the cake, unfortunately some people's cake has no slices.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 26, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

Talking about money, my wife's purse was stolen the other day with all her credit cards in.
I was going to report it, but the thief was spending less than she was.

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

The pricing this season has seemed to have been hi-jacked by the Revenue department and my guy feel is they are getting bonused on this season's revenue rather than a long term view of the club. Getting people hooked through the experience of the Cottage and creating future fans rather than fleecing occasional punters should be the goal, thats how you build a strong long term following. That is not what is happening this year.
What is stupid is to upset the fan base while not delivering on the field, especially ahead of next season when with the Riverside not there you would have thought they need all the goodwill they could find.

Stop The Greed protests are this weekend, if you go the game support the effort. If you want to help per the Fulhamish podcast be at Johnny Haynes statue at 10.30 to help distribute the fliers to show when camera's are near you and at the 55th minute - celebrating the ludicrous cheapest seat price on Saturday of £55!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Nero

is this directed at the owners or the players and their agents that demand stupid wages for providing very little entertainment most of the time forcing club to charge sky-high prices?

Twig

The odd thing is that whilst single matchday tickets are stupidly expensive, our early bird season tickets in the JH stand (as over 65s) was very fair value. I don't really get the club's thinking but am grateful that we benefitted from the ST pricing structure.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 26, 2019, 06:19:25 PM
How much is a season ticket?  (I'm too lazy to look it up)

Not that I'm buying...living here in Los Angeles.    Just curious how high  tickets are priced compared to other premiere league clubs.  19 home games correct?
Quote from: Twig on March 26, 2019, 09:27:58 PM
The odd thing is that whilst single matchday tickets are stupidly expensive, our early bird season tickets in the JH stand (as over 65s) was very fair value. I don't really get the club's thinking but am grateful that we benefitted from the ST pricing structure.
In H2 the early bird adult price season ticket for this season was/is £359 = £18.89/game.  Despite a poor season, still great value IMO.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

I have no issue with the price I paid for my ST £529 and next season if it goes up too much then I won't re-new it's as simple as that, no one has a gun to their head about buying a match ticket / ST so its up to the individual to choose, Football as we know it is dying a slow and painful death so like many I may change my attending allegiances to my Local side Worthing and just follow Fulham as I did when I was serving away in the Navy catching the odd game here and there.

I love the club but they don't own me and I certainly owe them nothing  049:gif

Neil D

Ordinarily that would be true if it weren't for the fact that there will be 5000 fewer seats available...Supply and demand rules and the bean counters will be calculating right now just how much they can screw us for.

Dodger53

I dont believe the club under current ownership give a toss about us, the ordinary fans, they just want to screw as much out of us as possible. Top dollar for c..p product! The current DoF could not give a toss what we think about his abilities, or more to the point lack of them. What Tony knows about football and running a club could be put on a postage stamp, what he thinks he knows about football and running a club is probably a fair size read, AM seems to have read it!

Riversider

Quote from: Neil D on March 27, 2019, 01:11:09 PM

Ordinarily that would be true if it weren't for the fact that there will be 5000 fewer seats available...Supply and demand rules and the bean counters will be calculating right now just how much they can screw us for.

The closure of The Riverside Stand if it happens (which I highly doubt) , would reduce capacity to about 20,000 , which would be more than enough for us, and certainly wouldn't put the club in a strong position to screw anybody over.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 26, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

I am a little confused, is the purpose of the protest, and this is how I read it, is to actually stop people protesting against the greed.
Or is to protest against the greed itself.
I know I am a glutton for punishment, but should the title be worded differently.

Never forget your Roots.