watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking at our pre-season

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 28, 2019, 11:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

We should of half expected a poor season - we must of still been caught up in the Wembley commotion.....then buying late & buying a few injured player's - let's hope this isn't repeated in the coming close season, we need to be more ruthless

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

That may depend on who is at the Helm of our crack recruitment unit.
Even the atheists are praying.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Losing to Lyon was an eye opener. TK must have seen we needed a proper new defence
apparenly not.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ALG01 on March 28, 2019, 04:31:11 PM
Losing to Lyon was an eye opener. TK must have seen we needed a proper new defence
apparenly not.

Crawley knocked 2 past us

The Rational Fan

apparenly not.

TK bought a new defense after Lyon; Fabri, TFM, Chambers, Mawson, Bryan & Anguissa. I think he knew thinks were bad at that stage, especially as we hadn't signed Mitrovoic.

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 28, 2019, 09:37:44 PM
apparenly not.

TK bought a new defense after Lyon; Fabri, TFM, Chambers, Mawson, Bryan & Anguissa. I think he knew thinks were bad at that stage, especially as we hadn't signed Mitrovoic.

I did say proper defence fabri, MLM, TFM,are all way below the required standard. Bryan is an OK championship player, so many goals have been as a result of him not know ong whether to stand off or close down wingers and his lack of positional sense in the defence third is very poor. Mawsom, signed injured and has been a sick note for most of the season, anguisa? one half decent game and does not make tackles although in the last game his ability to read an pass and intercept it was impressive.

I do not share your view of TK or that bunch of nonsense he has brought in, not just this but in previous seasons too, Your list is nowhere near what was required for life in the prem, that is why we are where we are, no more no less.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on March 28, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
apparenly not.

I did say proper defence fabri, MLM, TFM,are all way below the required standard. Bryan is an OK championship player, so many goals have been as a result of him not know ong whether to stand off or close down wingers and his lack of positional sense in the defence third is very poor. Mawsom, signed injured and has been a sick note for most of the season, anguisa? one half decent game and does not make tackles although in the last game his ability to read an pass and intercept it was impressive.

I do not share your view of TK or that bunch of nonsense he has brought in, not just this but in previous seasons too, Your list is nowhere near what was required for life in the prem, that is why we are where we are, no more no less.

ALG01, I agree, you talk a lot of sense, realistic wise words, and your analysis explains why we are where we are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

ALG01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 28, 2019, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 28, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
apparenly not.

ALG01, I agree, you talk a lot of sense, realistic wise words, and your analysis explains why we are where we are.

Exactly so. I was merely pointing out to the other poster that the signings were not what was required, I did forget to say they were rather too late, and generally showed an amateurish approach and massive lack of ability and/or experience. When i saw the Lyon game I was already worried, when I saw fabri against celta vigo I was stunned how anyone thought he would be appropriate.

this isn't me being clever, it is just totally obvious to anyone that has ebver watched and beem [art of the football family over the years.