watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I do hope Craven Cottage is never turned into a big shiny bowl like Spurs have

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, March 29, 2019, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Don't get me wrong, it is impressive, I had a walk around it last week (the outside only, I didn't go in), but I hope Craven Cottage will always retain its classic look from the Johnny Haynes side.

hovewhite

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 29, 2019, 08:59:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, it is impressive, I had a walk around it last week (the outside only, I didn't go in), but I hope Craven Cottage will always retain its classic look from the Johnny Haynes side.

JH a listed building .

Neil D

Can't get enough of those classy roof supports obscuring the view in the JH stand.

SuffolkWhite

The Cottage is the field of Dreams, even if you cant see the team win you can at least imagine it  :Haynes The Maestro:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on March 29, 2019, 09:03:08 PM

JH a listed building .

Or is it just the facia of the JH stand that is listed.

_Putney_

completely agree... struggle to see why something more iconic with some character can't be added to new stadiums... more brickwork

bog

I see that with beer sold in the bar the ale comes up through the bottom of the glass (made of plastic) Odd idea.

092.gif

Neil D

Quote from: bog on March 30, 2019, 11:27:21 AM
I see that with beer sold in the bar the ale comes up through the bottom of the glass (made of plastic) Odd idea.

092.gif

My Welsh wife tells me that in the Cardiff Arms Park it used to run down the terracing, though no longer in its original state...

Twig

Quote from: filham on March 30, 2019, 11:18:11 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 29, 2019, 09:03:08 PM

JH a listed building .

Or is it just the facia of the JH stand that is listed.

No, it's the stand.  Even the wooden seats have to be replaced like for like when they wear out.