watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has to learn - why Rico?

Started by Nick Bateman, March 30, 2019, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

If Scotty Parker really wishes to become Fulham's permanent manager he should know a good manager identifies with who his weakest links are, and his best players.  Yet he persists with playing the wayward and devoid of confidence Rico, the goalkeeper who has probably cost Fulham more points than any player this season.

Resting Mitrovic is alarming; international duty was on Tuesday and even after travelling time Mitro should have been ready to play.  This 'soft' approach does not become the Scott Parker we remember as a Fulham player and certainly not one which will bode him well.

Most of the players need a proverbial kick-up-the-kyber but Parker's conciliatory tones will not get the results we need at this final stage of the season.  Parker should have insisted on Mitrovic playing and the players to fight for their survival as they have never done before.  No proper centre-forward is a worrying formatioon, Cyrus Christie preferred to the 100%-er Odoi another odd one, but Rico between the sticks is a nightmare in the making.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

I thought that Parker had a problem at right back andcouldn't decide if he would choose Mensah or Christie  and couldn't believe he would start with both of them. City must have rejoiced.

Fulham1959

O.P. - rush to judgement, without knowing any facts.  I'd sooner take SP's judgement, thank you.

Twig

I am no great fan of Rico but I'm not sure what sensible alternatives Parker has available.  Please don't suggest Fabri!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2019, 03:23:33 PM
I am no great fan of Rico but I'm not sure what sensible alternatives Parker has available.  Please don't suggest Fabri!

We have a 3rd choice keeper too.  Fulham should be in the hunt for a replacement next season and JOE HART stands out as one of the most underrated keepers available, languishing on Bumley's bench. 

simplyfulham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 30, 2019, 03:27:47 PM

We have a 3rd choice keeper too.

I dare you to name him without looking on their internet or at a match day programme

Twig

We have a 3rd choice keeper too.  Fulham should be in the hunt for a replacement next season and JOE HART stands out as one of the most underrated keepers available, languishing on Bumley's bench. 

If this is just an excuse for another Joe Hart thread from you Nick then boring.  I would agree that if he were not injured we should be playing Betts. He's more than capable in the Championship where we will be playing next season and still has the potential to develop further.  Beyond that I do not see any immediate options although we do have one or two youngsters for the future.

As to our third choice keeper Nick, it is Fabri.  Rico currently 1st and Betts would be a clear 2nd if fit (although that order might have reversed by now).  Interested who you meant when you said "We do have a 3rd choice keeper too"?

H4usuallysitting

As Chamber's appears to excel in any position you give him - he gets my vote as keeper

SG

Joe Hart - give me strength.
Make Mitro play, even though he is injured- what sort of manager would you be

hovewhite

toshes mate

Keeping goal behind our defence this season would have been a nightmare for anybody of a nervous disposition, and Rico has probably done the job as reasonably well as could be expected i.e. he hasn't deliberately injured himself in order not to have to turn up.  I also believe the confidence factor impacts upon his clearances which leave a lot to be desired.  When teams lack confidence in the manner of our team this season then you really need a win or three to turn it around because otherwise everybody looks beaten from the off.  Perhaps when the pressure is off (after Tuesday perhaps) then the team will relax a little and give us something to enjoy out of what remains of the season. 

I just feel every decision made since May last in terms of personnel has been a poor one, and I'd include all the newbies tried and tested for best fit since the season started.  None of them have been exactly fit for purpose, and there has been just too much re-engineering required to make it work.  Yesterday's game just highlighted all the deficiencies that have been present.

sarnian

Hart?  Your having a laugh. Burnley drop him and their season turns around. He punches more often than any boxer I've seen.

john dempsey

get steve ingrouille out of retirement???

Skatzoffc

No point in blaming the goalie for the dreadful team in front of him.

Not surprised his confidence is shot to sh1t.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

sarnian

Nick Bateman

Give Hammond a go and acquire Joe Hart for next year.  Hart commands his box and organises the defence unlike Rico who looks like a startlet deer caught-in-the-headlights.  One does not need to "Google" as one knows one's footy, unlike Peabody and others one could mention.

No offence to Peabody....

snarks

Why not try Fraser Forster if you're going down the ex England keeper not playing for his club

Nick Bateman

Quote from: snarks on March 31, 2019, 03:05:10 PM
Why not try Fraser Forster if you're going down the ex England keeper not playing for his club

At one point Forster did look the best.  The man is a GOLIATH and would command more authority than the frightened rabbit Rico - not a bad shout.

RaySmith

sarnian

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 31, 2019, 03:01:19 PM
Give Hammond a go and acquire Joe Hart for next year.  Hart commands his box and organises the defence unlike Rico who looks like a startlet deer caught-in-the-headlights.  One does not need to "Google" as one knows one's footy, unlike Peabody and others one could mention.

No offence to Peabody....

Try asking Burnley supporters about Hart and you will get a different view about his command of the box and general play