News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Lighthouse Offside Rule debate - hosted by John Cleese...

Started by LBNo11, October 25, 2010, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfog

I couldn't get it to run... {on someone else's PC and probably script-blocked}

I love John Cleese' industrial training videos. 
Ever see " Who sold you this, then.."

Classic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

GoldCoastWhite

Worked ok on mine and made me chuckle. As Mr Cleese invariably does.

TonyGilroy

For me he stopped being funny as soon as Fawlty Towers ended.

Up to then he was the funniest man alive bar none but since then nothing. Dreadfully unfunny. Tedious beyond belief. A man desperately trying to be funny, convinced he is being funny whilst explaining just how hilariously funny he was being.

Except he wasn't. Not at all. In no way. Not even a tiny bit funny.

My wife agrees with me and that really is a rarity so it must be true.

AlFayedsChequebook

Love the Philosophers football, one of my favourite sketches of all time...

LBNo11

Quote from: pettyfog on October 25, 2010, 02:07:09 PM
I couldn't get it to run... {on someone else's PC and probably script-blocked}

I love John Cleese' industrial training videos. 
Ever see " Who sold you this, then.."

Classic

Hi Foggy, they were made by a company called Video Arts, that John Cleese was part of. Excellent videos. I remember one called "Who Lost The Sale", I had ordered it in so had already seen it - so I sat back just to look at the reactions of all the people who recognised themselves and their work practice - almost as entertaining as the video...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

love fawlty to bits,ever so funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you can never ever beat the trotters no wayyyyyyyyyyy  :005:

LordNelson

"What do you expect to see out of a Torquay window?
The hanging gardens of Babylon................."

Can anyone fill in the rest?
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

LBNo11

Quote from: LordNelson on October 25, 2010, 05:02:05 PM

Logicalman

Quote from: LordNelson on October 25, 2010, 05:02:05 PM

# Mrs. Richards: When I pay for a view, I expect to see something more interesting than that.
# Basil Fawlty: That is Torquay, madam.
# Mrs. Richards: Well, that's not good enough.
# Basil Fawlty: Well, might I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The hanging gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...
# Mrs. Richards: Don't be ridiculous. I expect to be able to see the sea.
# Basil Fawlty: You *can* see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.
# Mrs. Richards: I'd need a telescope to see that.
# Basil Fawlty: Well, might I suggest you move to a hotel closer to the sea.
# Basil Fawlty: Or preferably in it.
# Mrs. Richards: Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction.
# Basil Fawlty: Why? Because Krakatoa's not erupting at the moment, or...

LordNelson

I think I just wet my trow from laughing so hard.
One of my favorite episodes.

"Is this a piece of your brain?"

LBNo11

...and what was the name of the horse that Basil tried to mime to Polly - no cheating now - just remember the moves...

LordNelson

LBNo11

...you can still hear the exhasperated Polly say "it's name was....dragonfly"

Lighthouse

:yay:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   :airfix:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          :bump:                                                                :wine:                                                                                                                                                                                 :tom:                                       :007:                                        :tom:                                                                :55:                                                                                                                                                                                                                            If the above doesn't explain what I mean then I really give up.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

I see Mr LH has been on the lighter fluid again, or was it the anti-freeze today?

.. and what's that guinea pig doing with a bloody pancake on it's nut?