watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big Frank

Started by Peabody, March 31, 2019, 08:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Would anyone disagree that Frank has shown his true worth over the last few games and we should do all we can to keep him.

hovewhite

Quote from: Peabody on March 31, 2019, 08:48:06 AM
Would anyone disagree that Frank has shown his true worth over the last few games and we should do all we can to keep him.
has been a stand out player for us.

Cambridge Pete

Has looked very good recently. Will he want to play in the Championship?

Jamie88

I personally think that his last two performances have been a lot better, but it's not as if he's been outstanding. He's done what is expected of a pro footballer, he's moved the ball around well and not been giving it away. I find it hard to suddenly pretend that he is now one of our best players after all the awful performances

toshes mate

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 31, 2019, 09:15:48 AM
I personally think that his last two performances have been a lot better, but it's not as if he's been outstanding. He's done what is expected of a pro footballer, he's moved the ball around well and not been giving it away. I find it hard to suddenly pretend that he is now one of our best players after all the awful performances
I agree with you because it wouldn't have taken much for anyone to stand out in that shambolic excuse for a team yesterday.  As I have said before he shows promise and with a better assembled and organised team he may become the player he has promised himself he can be.  But the jury is still out.

Bill2

Yesterday was always going to be a tough game, playing the best team in Europe with players who don't make their bench who would walk into our first team, so yes you need to cut them some slack.

I am still not sure about Frank and will need to see him play against the remaining sides to fully see if he has improved. He was OK yesterday but still some sloppy passing, but every other player did the same. But I liked the way he chipped the ball over a couple of the City players in the second half.

I hope he gets 90 against Everton so I can make a proper evaluation.

bill taylors apprentice

But can he / will he be able to do it consistently, especially on a cold wet night at the likes of Stoke or Middlesbrough ???

@jolslover

MOTM last two games.
STH H3

Statto

If he has done "what's expected of a pro footballer" in a PL game (against the best team in the world, no less) is that not just another way of saying he is a PL quality DM?

A bang average run-of-the-mill PL DM at his age is well worth £20m and will be an asset going forward.

ALG01

He has done better in the last two games.
That doesn't impress me much i still didn't see a player that should be in our team.
He has far too many shortcomings, i would prefer him gone.
If he totally dominates the game against watford and everton i may start to reconsider but i am not anticipating that eventuality is likely.

Having played a bit better twice does not make him any good.

Milo

Seems to be up to speed with the Prem game finally. Also, he wants the ball more. Mixture of minutes under his belt and more confidence from management?

Statto

Quote from: ALG01 on March 31, 2019, 01:10:42 PM
i would prefer him gone.
If he totally dominates the game against watford and everton i may start to reconsider

Just out of interest, if we play Mcdonald in those games instead of Anguissa, will you also want Kmac gone unless he "totally dominates" those games?
What about Sessegnon? Let's be honest, he isn't going to dominate anyone in what's left of this season, so would you also prefer him gone in the summer?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I thought him and Ryan were very good yesterday
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MikeW

Played a lot better yesterday.  Is a big lad and needs to impose himself - which he did a couple of times in the second half.  Looks very short of confidence on the ball, nearly always goes backwards .... but then again doesn't Cairney?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on March 31, 2019, 09:19:59 AM
I agree with you because it wouldn't have taken much for anyone to stand out in that shambolic excuse for a team yesterday.  As I have said before he shows promise and with a better assembled and organised team he may become the player he has promised himself he can be.  But the jury is still out.

Pretty much how I see it.

Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on March 31, 2019, 11:51:31 AM

If he has done "what's expected of a pro footballer" in a PL game (against the best team in the world, no less) is that not just another way of saying he is a PL quality DM?

A bang average run-of-the-mill PL DM at his age is well worth £20m and will be an asset going forward.

No, he has performed OK in two matches for me so far, that is all. If he had performed OK all season, I'd say he was an 'OK' PL player. He hasn't even managed to do that.

Matt10

He's played well. Starting to show confidence on the ball and making the right decisions. Early in the season he was making the obvious passes that were read very quickly by our opponents. Now, he's reading the game faster and making decisions just as fast. He's not stuck doddling on the ball like he was before (look at Spurs away to compare) and he's not under-hitting passes.

Sure these things are basic, but when you're in a new league and country, getting the basics right are the stepping stone to consistency. We're starting to see that, and we should be proud of how he is playing. Hope it continues.

Statto

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 31, 2019, 07:49:47 PM

No, he has performed OK in two matches for me so far, that is all. If he had performed OK all season, I'd say he was an 'OK' PL player. He hasn't even managed to do that.
This thread is about the last two games.

Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on March 31, 2019, 08:52:45 PM

And?
I'm replying to what you wrote. You were suggesting that because he has played well in two matches that that is the same thing as being PL quality. I'm suggesting you need a bigger sample than that.

Statto

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 31, 2019, 09:05:43 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 31, 2019, 08:52:45 PM

And?
I'm replying to what you wrote. You were suggesting that because he has played well in two matches that that is the same thing as being PL quality. I'm suggesting you need a bigger sample than that.
No I was replying to your comment that all he's done in the last two games is "what is expected of a pro footballer" by saying that means he has been PL quality in those games.

If you're desparate to put him down by referring to the first few months before his injury that's fine, yes he was poor, I don't disagree with that, but I don't see anyone on this thread saying otherwise or even mentioning that period.

This thread is about the last couple of games being decent and I don't think you can take that away from him. No he hasn't looked like a £90m player like Pogba but he has looked like a decent PL midfielder and a £20m player.