watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jim White Telegraph Sports Reporter

Started by The Swan, April 01, 2019, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

According to Jim White report in todays Telegraph.

There was precious little competition from Fulham on Saturday. City faced a team who not only failed to score, win a corner or have a shot on target. It was hard to recall whether any of the Fulham players made a successful tackle.

For much of this game Fulham looked as if they would have been powerless against their local park team.( End of quote)

I did think that Fulham could get a win against City but I was so wrong just like Parkers team selection.

The only way we can avoid relegation is to win our remaining six games and at least one of three teams lose all their remaining six games.
The Swan

Statto

Oh but the players look so much happier now they've a manager who allows them to play crap without shouting at them afterwards! It's having fun that counts, not winning. We must give Parker the job.  086.gif

H4usuallysitting

He obviously wasn't at the game..... I think our build up play for their 2 goals was sublime....we should be congratulated by anyone that wants to congratulate us

Lighthouse

How is that different to the way we have played all season or for the greater part of it. We certainly haven't been hammered as much lately. That seems to be an improvement. But I think the players have lacked the do or die attitude for most of the season. even  long before Slav was sacked. Mind you they have looked scared for about the same amount of time. That may have some bearing on the way we play.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

We really gave Man U and L/pool a game, and were unlucky, and didn't get anything from either game.

I've been there to see us take early leads at Burnley and West Ham, yet our terrible defending has undone us, again - and been totally gutting for us fans.
But I did see  a battling mentality from the players, and in that brilliant come back  at home to Brighton, though the following week we capitulated to Palace.

I can only think that the players have lost confidence and were overwhelmed mentally by playing City. But this is no excuse for such a woeful lack of fight, as if they have given up - when they should be showing  exactly the opposite attitude.
Doesn't say much for Parker's attempt to get the permanent managerial role, after seeing a definite improvement in play in several games since he's been in charge.

snarks

Quote from: Statto on April 01, 2019, 10:47:25 PM
Oh but the players look so much happier now they've a manager who allows them to play crap without shouting at them afterwards! It's having fun that counts, not winning. We must give Parker the job.  086.gif

Oh come on, unless you're in the dressing room after a match you, like me have no clue what he says or does. I really can't see why the negativity. Is it because he doesn't run up and down the touch line enough for you, or the fact he isn't screaming instructions to players all the time. Not many managers do that any more.  Generally I see him encouraging and cajoling players. Even Fergies hairdryer treatment had stopped before he retired.

* edit sorry didn't see the stirring emoji on my phone - I'm out of order

Bill2

Quote from: The Swan on April 01, 2019, 10:38:50 PM
According to Jim White report in todays Telegraph.

There was precious little competition from Fulham on Saturday. City faced a team who not only failed to score, win a corner or have a shot on target. It was hard to recall whether any of the Fulham players made a successful tackle.

For much of this game Fulham looked as if they would have been powerless against their local park team.( End of quote)

I did think that Fulham could get a win against City but I was so wrong just like Parkers team selection.

The only way we can avoid relegation is to win our remaining six games and at least one of three teams lose all their remaining six games.

Not sure I can agree with some of those comments. We did have a shot on target, blocked by a defender. We did better than Bournemouth and they lost by 3 goals. What did he expect to go out with a 3 man forward line and then get slaughtered. Other teams have tried that and been on the end of 4 goals and more thrashing. As for no tackles he obviously forgot TFM's on Stirling and how they managed to scoe only 2 goals both from defensive errors. Obviously didn't go to the game and got an update from a Man City fan listening on a radio.

ffcne

Who cares what Jim White thinks as someone said obviously
not a the game.
Are all  media people called  Jim White not very good at their job.

Woolly Mammoth

It was damage limitation v City, and I fully understand the starting lineup Scott chose under the circumstances.
Nobody enjoys being turned over, and humiliated.
He wasn't to know that individual errors would lead to goals the way they did, and early in the match. Even though players have been making them in almost every match.
It will be interesting to see how the team deal with their remaining 6 matches, which are all tough in their own different way, but also a challenge.
All winnable and all loseable.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: snarks on April 02, 2019, 06:14:47 AM

Oh come on, unless you're in the dressing room after a match you, like me have no clue what he says or does. I really can't see why the negativity. Is it because he doesn't run up and down the touch line enough for you, or the fact he isn't screaming instructions to players all the time. Not many managers do that any more.  Generally I see him encouraging and cajoling players. Even Fergies hairdryer treatment had stopped before he retired.

* edit sorry didn't see the stirring emoji on my phone - I'm out of order

Despite the emoji, I was being at least half-serious. I don't have a hidden camera in the dressing room so can't prove what I said but comments like this in the reports from his press con today make it hard to draw an other conclusion IMO

Relegation was confirmed after a 4-1 defeat at Watford this month and the Cottagers welcome Everton having lost nine-straight games.

They are closing in on equalling a club record of 11 consecutive defeats, set in 1961/62, but Parker insists they still have fight left.

"I can categorically say I see a real hunger and desire with these boys. I can't brand one of the players with a lack of that. I wouldn't accept that."

Yeah alright Scott, whatever you say  :doh: 079.gif

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 02, 2019, 12:27:06 PM
It was damage limitation v City, and I fully understand the starting lineup Scott chose under the circumstances.
Nobody enjoys being turned over, and humiliated.
He wasn't to know that individual errors would lead to goals the way they did, and early in the match. Even though players have been making them in almost every match.
It will be interesting to see how the team deal with their remaining 6 matches, which are all tough in their own different way, but also a challenge.
All winnable and all loseable.

I believe if we win a few games in the end of the season without loans, players will start to believe they can get promoted again.

Hoppus

Spot on! :D

filham

You know our team is just not up to it, hard to name a player this season that has performed , even Mitrovic is beginning to fade.

hovewhite

Trouble is whoever picks the team,won't be liked by every supporter,wether it's Scott or someone else.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on April 12, 2019, 10:39:53 AM
You know our team is just not up to it, hard to name a player this season that has performed , even Mitrovic is beginning to fade.

That's because he's not getting the service he had last season, most games he's up front on his own because the team is being set up defensively. Even Sergio Aguero would have trouble scoring in the current set up!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on April 12, 2019, 12:30:58 PM
Quote from: filham on April 12, 2019, 10:39:53 AM

That's because he's not getting the service he had last season, most games he's up front on his own because the team is being set up defensively. Even Sergio Aguero would have trouble scoring in the current set up!

As for all other players, the excuse can always be that the teammates are not good enough. However, Mitro has been performing way below the standards required in many games, especially in the second half of the season, and for that he is as responsible as the rest of the players. He has missed many good chances that he would have scored last year, or even the beginning of this season. Just as in many players, confidence seem to be lacking. Understandably so of course. In my opinion.