News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Farewell Premier League, We'll Be Back !

Started by Robbie, April 02, 2019, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Oh well, that was it.

I hope we can keep enough of our half decent players, re-build and come back quickly.

The Championship is the Toughest League in the World - I hope we remember that and come flying out of the traps!

COYWs

Fulham76

Quote from: Robbie on April 02, 2019, 09:16:56 PM
Oh well, that was it.

I hope we can keep enough of our half decent players, re-build and come back quickly.

The Championship is the Toughest League in the World - I hope we remember that and come flying out of the traps!

COYWs

Championship is the 2nd toughest league in the world actually. I think we've found out this season that the premier league is by far the toughest.

It's improved so much even in the 4 years since we were last there. We've probably only been competitive in 25% of our games & blown away in most of the rest.

Rambler

It's been a shocking year.

1 win in 2019.

I have never been so disillusioned supporting Fulham.  We won't be back for a while. Very concerned we could do a Sunderland.

General

We've had a lot of dross over the years... I remember feeling so deflated during Lawrie Sanchez's era in particular.. the guy was soo clueless... but looking back on it, the season still saw us change manager and stay up.. so there were some positives and I think perhaps in hindsight my frustrations with Sanchez were based on the fact we had a good/ish squad or were close to getting out of the relegation places but his management was soo bad. The other bonus is we had Al Fayed who you knew cared about the club and took serious decisions with context, understanding and doing proper due diligence.

This season though - is the worst season I've ever seen in over 20 years supporting the club. :/ The players did little more than turn up to play a game - the effort past that though was shocking beyond belief....

I wanted to have a look and try and compare it to the last time we got relegated in 2014 and where we nearly dropped out of the championship into league one that season.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Fulham_F.C._season

But that's not even fair to the team who got relegated then... as we were still in with a shot into the final couple of games.

We had such a tight group of players, players who cared about the club, about one another and a distinct style - one which saw us go 23 games without loss. WHY did tony khan ruin that comraderie and spirit by bringing in soo many players and not addressing the weakest part of our team last year. Seeing the likes of Wolves and even Cardiff in such better places having spent less.. how many times are we going to suffer because of this mans inepititude! C'MON!

Tony Khan has to leave the club NOW! I can't stand the guy and what he's doing to this club. All these fake platitudes and PR spieles... this has been one of the worst seasons for ANY premiership club. Fulham is a club that always had something to be proud of. What's he doing! He's an embarrassment to football as a sport, to the fans, the club, those that worked their socks off to get us into the league and who he dismissed so readily and even his dad, whos money he spent sooo atrociously.

Can't believe after last season - we're already going back down. Fulham used to be that steady, stable, passionate, family club.. it's now a dud with no spirit, no direction, no ambition or identity. HOW has it come to this!? Tony Khan needs to get out SOON.

The quicker the better.

David I

Haha we'll be back? Don't count on it. At least they went out with a fight.... oh wait!
loving shambles! and many a poster on here wants Parker? 5 games 5 losses 😱😱

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Rambler on April 02, 2019, 09:25:34 PM

1 win in 2019.

I have never been so disillusioned supporting Fulham.  We won't be back for a while. Very concerned we could do a Sunderland.
I think we will end up next season with mostly the team that got us up last season so I don't think it will be a case of doing a Sunderland. When we went down in 2014, the entire 1st team left apart from Parker. This time round, I think most the squad will stay so I am reasonably optimistic about next season..
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Sgt Fulham

The real shame is that there were so many poor teams this year. It should have been easy to stay up. Such a shame after the ecstasy I felt at Wembley not a year ago.

Oakeshott

"Tony Khan has to leave the club NOW! I can't stand the guy and what he's doing to this club. All these fake platitudes and PR spieles... this has been one of the worst seasons for ANY premiership club. Fulham is a club that always had something to be proud of. What's he doing! He's an embarrassment to football as a sport, to the fans, the club, those that worked their socks off to get us into the league and who he dismissed so readily and even his dad, whos money he spent sooo atrociously."

Spot on.

Wingnut

Quote from: David I on April 02, 2019, 09:29:27 PM
Haha we'll be back? Don't count on it. At least they went out with a fight.... oh wait!
flipping shambles! and many a poster on here wants Parker? 5 games 5 losses 😱😱

He's played against Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester (A) & Watford who are on their way to Wembley. Nothing easy about that run of games. Let's see how things go over the remainder of the season before casting judgement.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

It's not Parker's fault, how many points would Gaudiola have got with this lot. The answer is no, none, nothing, not a sausage.
It starts with the owner and his son and Mackintosh.
The three Amigos. All currently hiding under the proverbial rock.
They have no more Fulham blood in them than the man in the moon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

In fact the man in the moon has just sent me an email saying categorically he has far more Fulham blood In him, than the Khans and the Raincoat put together.

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: David I on April 02, 2019, 09:29:27 PM
flipping shambles! and many a poster on here wants Parker? 5 games 5 losses 😱😱

What manager would win with these players?   We've tried 3. None of them could fix the defense or the lack of scoring.

Yet someone else could turn the terd into a diamond.  Gotcha.

Let's not forget that the loss to a lower division team, one not even in the Championship, was duing Claudio's tenure.

ALG01

Quote from: General on April 02, 2019, 09:28:07 PM
We've had a lot of dross over the years... I remember feeling so deflated during Lawrie Sanchez's era in particular.. the guy was soo clueless... but looking back on it, the season still saw us change manager and stay up.. so there were some positives and I think perhaps in hindsight my frustrations with Sanchez were based on the fact we had a good/ish squad or were close to getting out of the relegation places but his management was soo bad. The other bonus is we had Al Fayed who you knew cared about the club and took serious decisions with context, understanding and doing proper due diligence.

This season though - is the worst season I've ever seen in over 20 years supporting the club. :/ The players did little more than turn up to play a game - the effort past that though was shocking beyond belief....

I wanted to have a look and try and compare it to the last time we got relegated in 2014 and where we nearly dropped out of the championship into league one that season.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Fulham_F.C._season

But that's not even fair to the team who got relegated then... as we were still in with a shot into the final couple of games.

We had such a tight group of players, players who cared about the club, about one another and a distinct style - one which saw us go 23 games without loss. WHY did tony khan ruin that comraderie and spirit by bringing in soo many players and not addressing the weakest part of our team last year. Seeing the likes of Wolves and even Cardiff in such better places having spent less.. how many times are we going to suffer because of this mans inepititude! C'MON!

Tony Khan has to leave the club NOW! I can't stand the guy and what he's doing to this club. All these fake platitudes and PR spieles... this has been one of the worst seasons for ANY premiership club. Fulham is a club that always had something to be proud of. What's he doing! He's an embarrassment to football as a sport, to the fans, the club, those that worked their socks off to get us into the league and who he dismissed so readily and even his dad, whos money he spent sooo atrociously.

Can't believe after last season - we're already going back down. Fulham used to be that steady, stable, passionate, family club.. it's now a dud with no spirit, no direction, no ambition or identity. HOW has it come to this!? Tony Khan needs to get out SOON.

The quicker the better.

firstly I agree (I can stand him, just not what he does or his pathetic excuses that make no sense when compared to reality). secondly the only person that will not do as you require is daddy so it will rely on Tony himself to do the decent thing...as if.

His comments as reported at the FFS were frankly worse than an insult to fans and obviously very delusional.

fcfulham55

Consolidation and a 3 year re build.  Hopefully with no league one.  I'd take 20th next season if offered now.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Twig

Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 02, 2019, 09:36:45 PM

1 win in 2019.

I think we will end up next season with mostly the team that got us up last season so I don't think it will be a case of doing a Sunderland. When we went down in 2014, the entire 1st team left apart from Parker. This time round, I think most the squad will stay so I am reasonably optimistic about next season..
Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 02, 2019, 09:36:45 PM

Not sure how on Earth you can feel optimistic based on your view that most of the existing players will stay? For me that instils a deep sense of foreboding.

the nutflush

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 02, 2019, 09:52:39 PM
In the year 2525 if man is still alive.

How old is TK? Surely he couldn't hang around for that long?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on April 02, 2019, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: General on April 02, 2019, 09:28:07 PM

The quicker the better.

firstly I agree (I can stand him, just not what he does or his pathetic excuses that make no sense when compared to reality). secondly the only person that will not do as you require is daddy so it will rely on Tony himself to do the decent thing...as if.

His comments as reported at the FFS were frankly worse than an insult to fans and obviously very delusional.

He behaved like the spoilt brat he is. He has no understanding of English football or our culture, and has no empathy to the reason why supporters of any club feel the way we do about the club we support. If he had any empathy with our club, he would never have got his best mate CK a job at Fulham FC in the first place.
In the second place he would not have allowed the wounds CK cause to continue to fester by covering up for him, whilst other employees at the club had to suffer in silence, until CK had one of his fits on that Autumn Monday afternoon at Motspur Park in 2017.

Never forget your Roots.