watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get the Cowley Bros In ASAP!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, April 03, 2019, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

They are honorable people and will not leave until Lincoln's season is over.

They have also been given a big say in the future of that clubs development and are treated like royalty here.

But they are destined for bigger things and we should make them an offer they can't refuse.

Buffalo76

Albeit in the lower leagues, they have a proven track record of success.

JimmyConway

Have you watched Lincoln play? They are very direct ala Wimbledon in their pomp! Just saying don't think there style would go down well with the Fulham supporters.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JimmyConway on April 03, 2019, 11:57:19 AM
Have you watched Lincoln play? They are very direct ala Wimbledon in their pomp! Just saying don't think there style would go down well with the Fulham supporters.

Horses for courses in that league,didn't play like that in the National.
What they've done with past sell by dates and free transfers is superb,imagine what they might do with money to spend.
I backed Lincoln start of season,so I'm beginning to count my money.

gang

They are not going to leave Lincoln, they are involved in a project that they intend to see through.

Mitch

How do they work as a duo? I don't know too much about them. Does one take the game, or is it a shared decision making process on tactics/subs etc?

KJS

No Thanks they are not experienced outside lower league football

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Ranieri is an "honourable person".

Ranieri has a good track record.

Those two things don't make a good fit for our club.

We need a directors son to stop sticking his snout into the business of a role he has no idea about. We need a manager with success in getting a club into the premiership without playing horrible football. David Wagner or Slaviša Jokanović would be the most perfect example. They both did it on the relative cheap.

But, in all reality, we need Shahid Khan to just move his son on to one of the very many other jobs he has, employ someone with football nous and let the ones in the know, sort out the mess his son has left behind.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ffcthereligion

toshes mate

When everybody pulls their weight together and in the same direction you can often achieve better than your combined strength suggests.  It only takes one person pulling their weight the wrong way to spoil it.  Fulham need to wise up.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on April 03, 2019, 06:35:00 PM
No Thanks they are not experienced outside lower league football

So no coaches should be given the chance to step up then?..ludicrous.
Tell me if I'm wrong,but didn't a certain Mr Clough go from Hartlepool to Derby and turn them into champions?

bill taylors apprentice

I live in Lincoln so have seen enough of their games to see their potential.

The club was dying on its feet, dilapidated ground, didn't own it, no proper training facilities, etc etc.

Then after new investors came on board a plan was set in place to build the club up again.
The investment is minor compared to MAF's but the Cup run has bought them a new training ground and the Cowleys are a big part of the plan going forward.

However!
They are ambitious and I believe have that something special about them,  like Graham Taylor they would jump ship if the right challenge came along!

snarks

I believe we should give SP a chance. Every time I have seen the team since he took over, reminds me of Slav's first season. The fact that we are organised and want to hold the ball, when the opposition score we fall apart, it's all the same.

bobby01

I know nothing about them and therefore take your comments in the good faith they are delivered. However I have no objection to us looking at up and coming managers with some, even limited experience behind them, prefer this to the old boys club merry go round of managers like Moyes and Allardyce.

I do not think now is the time to give SP the reigns of the club. He has no experience, he has shown so far he is tactically unaware, he is close to the players and I believe there is something toxic in the dressing room between the old guard and the new boys, this will need a new man to either sort the out or move them on.

I must also admit that a lot of managers with bundesliga experience seem to be doing a pretty decent job.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: bobby01 on April 04, 2019, 10:18:42 AM
I know nothing about them and therefore take your comments in the good faith they are delivered. However I have no objection to us looking at up and coming managers with some, even limited experience behind them, prefer this to the old boys club merry go round of managers like Moyes and Allardyce.

I do not think now is the time to give SP the reigns of the club. He has no experience, he has shown so far he is tactically unaware, he is close to the players and I believe there is something toxic in the dressing room between the old guard and the new boys, this will need a new man to either sort the out or move them on.

I must also admit that a lot of managers with bundesliga experience seem to be doing a pretty decent job.

Not being rude, but you're contradicting yourself. You're saying you're happy to try up and coming managers but then saying SP isn't experienced enough.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sting of the North

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 04, 2019, 12:00:29 PM

Not being rude, but you're contradicting yourself. You're saying you're happy to try up and coming managers but then saying SP isn't experienced enough.

I believe there may be a difference between an up and coming manager that has already several seasons of managing a professional team, and a completely "new" manager having close to zero experience. The Lincoln brothers have already proved that they can successfully manage a team, and would be up against the challenge of whether or not they can do it in another setting at a higher level. SP has yet to prove anything at any level as a manager.

bobby01

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 04, 2019, 12:00:29 PM

Sorry but maybe I am not clear enough, by up and coming managers I mean people who have managed, not just coached. By limited experience I mean maybe 18 months to two years.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

hovewhite

Quote from: snarks on April 04, 2019, 10:13:16 AM
I believe we should give SP a chance. Every time I have seen the team since he took over, reminds me of Slav's first season. The fact that we are organised and want to hold the ball, when the opposition score we fall apart, it's all the same.
I worry if he doesn't get a chance who comes in after.reasons he knows the weaknesses in the squad ,he knows the players characters and I don't trust Fulham to appoint someone with better knowledge.
Guys it's a flimsy argument before you kill my reasoning!

KJS

Might as well go for the Isley Brothers!!

gang

Quote from: KJS on April 04, 2019, 06:41:08 PM
Might as well go for the Isley Brothers!!

Then we could come onto the pitch playing:-
Let me Down Easy.