News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spoke to a Watford season ticket holder in St Albans market.

Started by The Swan, April 03, 2019, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

He was at the game last night and he said that Fulham played Watford off the park in the first half. He said that we should have scored at least three goals in that half.
Second half he said was a different game. Once Watford scored the second goal Fulham just seem to give up.

He said our keeper should never be in a Premier league team.

Stats of game   Possession Watford 46%    Fulham   54%

Goals                  ,,,,    4          ,,,        1

Total shots             ,,,,,,15        ,,,,,,,    17

Shots on targets                    7                     7

Assists                              3                  1

Corners                           6                  4

Crosses                               18                   22

stats do lie.

Roll on next season.
The Swan

Andy S

I agree with the first half comment but the first 10 mins of the second half were the same. Then they scored and we made a sub. We were slow to adapt to the change and they scored again. That was when it was game over. Watford were not a better side than us but got the rub of the green when it mattered. Sadly we are relegated but having said that it just shows how close we are to finishing a lot higher up the table. Watford are 8th today and apparently played Manu off the park at the weekend. So don't be too down hearted we will come again

The Rock

Quote from: Andy S on April 03, 2019, 02:51:38 PM
I agree with the first half comment but the first 10 mins of the second half were the same. Then they scored and we made a sub. We were slow to adapt to the change and they scored again. That was when it was game over. Watford were not a better side than us but got the rub of the green when it mattered. Sadly we are relegated but having said that it just shows how close we are to finishing a lot higher up the table. Watford are 8th today and apparently played Manu off the park at the weekend. So don't be too down hearted we will come again

Deep down, I still feel we should have been closer to mid-table and weren't far off. If you replace our back 4 with a PL back 4 like Everton's and forget Anguissa exists, I do think we would be where they are in the table.

WindyCity

"Deep down, I still feel we should have been closer to mid-table and weren't far off."

Actually, before season started, that's where I had seen FFC, maybe somewhere between 11 and 14.

"If you replace our back 4 with a PL back 4 like Everton's and forget Anguissa exists, I do think we would be where they are in the table."

Funny.  That's a lot of if's, ands, but's and woulda, coulda, shouldas.  (Maybe that was sarcasm?). lol

filham

Quote from: The Swan on April 03, 2019, 02:43:27 PM
He was at the game last night and he said that Fulham played Watford off the park in the first half. He said that we should have scored at least three goals in that half.
Second half he said was a different game. Once Watford scored the second goal Fulham just seem to give up.

stats do lie.

Roll on next season.

IT IS GOALS THAT COUNT.

WindyCity

WindyCity

Steven Ageroad

"Watford were not a better side than us BUT GOT THE RUB OF THE GREEN WHEN IT MATTERED"

The story of our season!

Woolly Mammoth

That green we never get the rub of, but everyone else does, must be worn down to the metal by now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Won't be a problem next season!! 😀
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Statto

As I've annoyed others by repeating, it's worth remembering that many of our current team had never played in England before last August, most had never played with each other, most had never played under Jokanovic, and yet most of them were given no pre-season. Since the season started, they've had three managers in 8 months, two of whom played completely different tactics and the last of whom is a complete novice. The team is bereft of leadership and confidence on the pitch, and off the pitch "football operations" are led by said novice, reporting into another, much less popular novice, Tony Khan. That being the case, it's total, utter madness, absurd and wrong to take this season's performances as a useful indicator of these players' inherent individual ability (IMO).

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on April 03, 2019, 08:22:36 PM
As I've annoyed others by repeating, it's worth remembering that many of our current team had never played in England before last August, most had never played with each other, most had never played under Jokanovic, and yet most of them were given no pre-season. Since the season started, they've had three managers in 8 months, two of whom played completely different tactics and the last of whom is a complete novice. The team is bereft of leadership and confidence on the pitch, and off the pitch "football operations" are led by said novice, reporting into another, much less popular novice, Tony Khan. That being the case, it's total, utter stupidity, absurd and wrong to take this season's performances as a useful indicator of these players' inherent individual ability.

:plus one:

JoelH5

Completely disagree. We are miles from where we need to be. Over 38 games, your league position doesn't lie
I was there, standing in the Putney end

snarks

That performance reminded me of Brighton away under Slav when we lost 5-0. We dominated them until they scored then we fell apart that night too. Hopefully SP gets the same reaction the following season.

Steven Ageroad

As I've annoyed others by repeating, it's worth remembering that many of our current team had never played in England before last August, most had never played with each other, most had never played under Jokanovic, and yet most of them were given no pre-season. Since the season started, they've had three managers in 8 months, two of whom played completely different tactics and the last of whom is a complete novice. The team is bereft of leadership and confidence on the pitch, and off the pitch "football operations" are led by said novice, reporting into another, much less popular novice, Tony Khan. That being the case, it's total, utter madness, absurd and wrong to take this season's performances as a useful indicator of these players' inherent individual ability (IMO).

Don't normally agree with your posts Statto but you are spot on with this one.

Riverside

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on April 03, 2019, 09:48:24 PM

Don't normally agree with your posts Statto but you are spot on with this one.

Wow I too find myself 100% in agreement with Statto

toshes mate

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 03, 2019, 08:43:23 PM
As I've annoyed others by repeating, it's worth remembering that many of our current team had never played in England before last August, most had never played with each other, most had never played under Jokanovic, and yet most of them were given no pre-season. Since the season started, they've had three managers in 8 months, two of whom played completely different tactics and the last of whom is a complete novice. The team is bereft of leadership and confidence on the pitch, and off the pitch "football operations" are led by said novice, reporting into another, much less popular novice, Tony Khan. That being the case, it's total, utter stupidity, absurd and wrong to take this season's performances as a useful indicator of these players' inherent individual ability.

:plus one:

+2

Bassey the warrior

This is nonsense, Rico was

stats do lie.

Roll on next season.

I missed the last goal but what I can say is that the first 3 were not Rico's fault. The defenders didn't close down the Watford players. He's far from perfect but he made a bunch of good saves to keep the score down. We looked really good going forward, even going into the start of the second half.

Bassey the warrior

+3

HV71

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 04, 2019, 02:56:16 PM

+3

+ 4