watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok - we're now relegated

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 03, 2019, 11:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Shouldn't the club make an announcement in the next few days who the manager will be - surely they're not going to leave it until the end of the season.....the club now needs some level heads & stability - we should be planning for the future immediately.... Knowing we are relegated this early should be used as an advantage for us

aaronmcguigan

The club will need to sort their aims, budgets and expectations for the summer window and the season ahead.i can't see any manager agreeing to take the job until at least all that is agreed on by the club. 

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 04, 2019, 12:12:09 AM
The club will need to sort their aims, budgets and expectations for the summer window and the season ahead.i can't see any manager agreeing to take the job until at least all that is agreed on by the club. 

In this day & age can't an algorithm sort out those issues - they've already said they've been planning for relegation, like a good solid business - surely this would of been part of their planning before the season started....Mr Parker has mentioned this a couple of times, and we can assume that he knew we were down the day he took over

Sting of the North

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 04, 2019, 10:45:49 AM

In this day & age can't an algorithm sort out those issues - they've already said they've been planning for relegation, like a good solid business - surely this would of been part of their planning before the season started....Mr Parker has mentioned this a couple of times, and we can assume that he knew we were down the day he took over

Some things can't be executed right away. It could be for example that they are interested in a manager that would not be interested to listen at the moment because of where his current club is, or would at least not be ready to make a decision. It could also be that they are still evaluating SP, and want to see out the remaining games. I hope that the manager issue is sorted at the latest in the days after the season ends, but I won't be bothered really if we don't know until then. I rather they take their (reasonable) time evaluating rather than rush into any decisions.

JoelH5

No point getting a manager in now. I would get someone lined up for the day after the season ends.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

I believe strategy is the key to success, and, judging from events post May last, the Club is lacking the 'nous' to have a strategy that will deliver to expectation whilst conforming to the cost of that expectation, unless one chooses to believe relegation was the expectation all along.  I think the Club need to know that building anything takes time, a little like the Riverside development but without the need to demolish (or self destruct as much of the on pitch stuff has been) prior to constructing something fit for purpose.  We had a nucleus of a good team on 26/5/18 but either chose the wrong path to making it 'better' or lost the ability for 'all' people concerned to communicate and agree on how a 'better' could be achieved.   If there is no team off the pitch then getting one on the pitch is considerably more unlikely to happen.  My personal view is that unless SK really has a big turnout of the behind the scenes rabble then we are unlikely to have any strategy worth the paper it is written on, period. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on April 04, 2019, 11:34:09 AM
I believe strategy is the key to success, and, judging from events post May last, the Club is lacking the 'nous' to have a strategy that will deliver to expectation whilst conforming to the cost of that expectation, unless one chooses to believe relegation was the expectation all along.  I think the Club need to know that building anything takes time, a little like the Riverside development but without the need to demolish (or self destruct as much of the on pitch stuff has been) prior to constructing something fit for purpose.  We had a nucleus of a good team on 26/5/18 but either chose the wrong path to making it 'better' or lost the ability for 'all' people concerned to communicate and agree on how a 'better' could be achieved.   If there is no team off the pitch then getting one on the pitch is considerably more unlikely to happen.  My personal view is that unless SK really has a big turnout of the behind the scenes rabble then we are unlikely to have any strategy worth the paper it is written on, period.

:plus one: