watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players that will leave

Started by Rodshig, April 04, 2019, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

Mawson- Personally feel he will leave us in the summer. He left Swansea last year when they were relegated. Feel the same will happen this year.

Mitro/ Sess - if a premier league club comes in for them, think they will be gone too.

Serri/ Anguissa - will probably attract offers from france /germany. Their heads would probably be turned too

Understand we are under no presssure to sell but when a player wants to leave there is nothing much a club can do.

Time for rebuilding again and if T.Khan is still in charge of transfers expect to see lots of loan deals and last minute scrambling again  :016:

H4usuallysitting

I'd be surprised if that many leave without the club taking a profit - our last relegation was littered with many player's past their sell by date....the average age of our squad is mid 20's

FFC1987

I saw an interesting article, quoting some ex Fulham players suggesting we'll keep Cairney and Mitro which gave me hope! I agree that I think Mawson will leave though, i'd imagine he doesn't feel to blame for our woes as he didn't play much......so still deserves his shot at EPL.

SuffolkWhite

Keep the lot I think and add another 5 permanent/loans, the reason I say this? The rest of this season and a decent pre season and we just might have a squad that has gelled and will fight for each other!

Players to bring in would be 1 Striker, 1 midfielder, 3 Defenders and a sprinkling of youngsters from our Yoof.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Bill2

Quote from: Rodshig on April 04, 2019, 10:42:56 AM
Mawson- Personally feel he will leave us in the summer. He left Swansea last year when they were relegated. Feel the same will happen this year.

Mitro/ Sess - if a premier league club comes in for them, think they will be gone too.

Serri/ Anguissa - will probably attract offers from france /germany. Their heads would probably be turned too

Understand we are under no presssure to sell but when a player wants to leave there is nothing much a club can do.

Time for rebuilding again and if T.Khan is still in charge of transfers expect to see lots of loan deals and last minute scrambling again  :016:
Just posted some comments on this on the daily news thread which somewhat contradicts your analysis.

I cant agree about Alfie Mawson, been out most of the season with injuries so unless we are giving him away not sure any club would want to take the risk of spending what we did or anything close.
Agree with RS and to a point Mitro who has several years on his contract. A lot of supporters of other clubs are not that keen on him and I can only see a bottom 6 wanting him as a starter, but can they afford him.
Seri and Anguissa, not sure any of the clubs in Europe who would want them and could afford them so unless they threw the toys out of the pram and demanded a transfer with all that entails we might be stuck with them. Is playing in a poor side in Europe so much better than playing in the Championship.

Time will tell.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

The players didn't help us; yes it boiled down to poor management, but most looked like they couldn't be bothered all season. They all should be kept at least another season to get us straight back up.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Rodshig

ideally we would want to keep our squad intact. Newcastle did  it a couple of years ago under Benitez and it worked well for them.

The last time we went down, Magath decimated the squad. I still believed if we had kept the PRemier league team core back den we would have been in the play off spots thereabouts.

The management have serious work to do and they better work fast.
1) hire a manager that have championship pedigree and players respect and will play game in game out for. I don't think parker is the man.
2) sort out the squad asap.(i presume the manager has no say on thid) Do we need to sell? Who's not up for it and wants to leave? Sort out the players contract

H4usuallysitting

The players are good enough - they proved that in the 2nd half against Brighton, but there appears to be an alternative agenda behind the scene

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 04, 2019, 10:56:22 AM
I think Mawson will leave though, i'd imagine he doesn't feel to blame for our woes as he didn't play much......so still deserves his shot at EPL.

He's had three season in the EPL and been relegated in two of them. The rest of his career has been in the lower leagues. In terms of track record, that's roughly on par with Richard Stearman. He can have no complaints about another year in the Championship IMO.

filham

Quote from: Statto on April 04, 2019, 12:18:02 PM
I think Mawson will leave though, i'd imagine he doesn't feel to blame for our woes as he didn't play much......so still deserves his shot at EPL.

He's had three season in the EPL and been relegated in two of them. The rest of his career has been in the lower leagues. In terms of track record, that's roughly on par with Richard Stearman. He can have no complaints about another year in the Championship IMO.
Mawson owes us at least a season of Championship football.

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 04, 2019, 10:56:44 AM
Keep the lot I think and add another 5 permanent/loans, the reason I say this? The rest of this season and a decent pre season and we just might have a squad that has gelled and will fight for each other!

Players to bring in would be 1 Striker, 1 midfielder, 3 Defenders and a sprinkling of youngsters from our Yoof.
No , this squad failed us , some of the big names will have to go and we will have to try toget back to the bones of our magnificent Wembley team.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on April 04, 2019, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 04, 2019, 12:18:02 PM

Mawson owes us at least a season of Championship football.
He should certainly want to prove to everyone in football that he is worth every penny of his price tag, and where better to do it than for a whole season in the Championship.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Rodshig on April 04, 2019, 11:35:32 AM
ideally we would want to keep our squad intact. .....

Bar 45 minutes v Brighton, our squad has never been intact. It's a toxic mess of underperforming individuals badly coached mixed with potential stars short of confidence.
I wouldn't be adverse to seeing a squad overhaul. I don't see the point in persisting with most of the squad who have proven they can't work together, and proven they aren't good enough for the top level. Investing in potential as well as trusting the academy is surely the way to Go. The likes of Odoi, McDonald and co will be well into their 30s when the earliest return to the premier league will be possible. Do we persist with this group and replace them again if we get promotion or do we invest in hungry youth , with the ability to improve and develop into premier league stars.

On the other side of the argument, I wouldn't begrudge Mitro a move away, and Sess hasn't signed a new contract. If the players want to stay for the growth of the club then that's half the battle won, but we need to foster some kind of team spirit again and soon

MrFFC

Why would anyone sign Mawson? Injury prone & has been relegated twice in 2 years. Be shocked if he gets a move to a Premier League club
Come on you Whites!! :)

toshes mate

Quote from: MrFFC on April 04, 2019, 03:17:26 PM
Why would anyone sign Mawson? Injury prone & has been relegated twice in 2 years. Be shocked if he gets a move to a Premier League club
TOOFIF who'd buy a crocked player recovering from serious injury for the second time in less than two years.

Bassey the warrior

I can't see any club being willing to pay our asking price for Mawson, he's barely played. The others will definitely get offers but I just hope we can persuade them to stay for one more season then leave if we don't go up.

Of course Sess only has a year left so we will need to sell if he doesn't commit to longer.