more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Technical Director of Football for Fulham

Started by 3rdgenfan, April 04, 2019, 12:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b+w geezer

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 04, 2019, 04:57:18 PM
what we need is an authoritative figure who will come in and establish a culture, a way of doing things, a Fulham way from which all decisions can then be made, someone who is fully respected who can communicate and mobilise the clubs vision throughout all levels of the club as well as throughout its fanbase.
Were he not otherwise engaged, and was ready to move upstairs -- as he was about to do at Inter Milan before coming here --  that sounds a good fit for Roy Hodgson. Unfortunately, I can't see that we can afford to wait.

Woolly Mammoth

I have no problem with Alan Pardew, specially if he replaces the weakest link, the owners son.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

3rdgenfan

When Alan Pardew spoke he said about the importance of getting to know players staff first hand and he glossed over all the current talk and importance of stats but did say it had a place in the game. Mainly he was saying you have to have gut feeling and judgement on players that you've seen.

This would fit perfectly with Fulham and I hope he joins.

b+w geezer

hovewhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 04, 2019, 04:39:28 PM
All this 'he's a Fulham fan......a local lad' is utterly irrelevant.  The ONLY criterion is whether he is the best person to do the job.
typical of this board,you'd prrefer TK!

KJS

Pardew??? wtf has he actually done in his career I would not welcome him at FFC

3rdgenfan

Quote from: b+w geezer on April 04, 2019, 05:37:07 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on April 04, 2019, 05:31:19 PM
When Alan Pardew spoke...
What was the occasion? (Thanks for the post btw)

It was at UCFB Wembley Campus for students wanting to study degrees in football business, finance, media, journalism, marketing and such like. I was there with my son. Fantastic place.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on April 04, 2019, 06:17:09 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 04, 2019, 04:39:28 PM
All this 'he's a Fulham fan......a local lad' is utterly irrelevant.  The ONLY criterion is whether he is the best person to do the job.
typical of this board,you'd prrefer TK!
I don't understand how you deduce that.  I don't 'prefer' any individual. I simply stated the blindingly obvious - the best person for the job should get it.  Being a Fulham supporter, or originating from the area, are not qualifications for the role.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Rational Fan

If Tony Khans steps down as DoF, then the Khans will probably lose interest in the club, and the club is almost broke apart from the players it owns (tv money is invested in them) so if we need reinforcement Khans will need to invest. And last years recommendations of buys to TK probably were crap even before his involvement.

Those that hope the club is sold, I doubt they will sell it unless they get £200 million, which only a property developer would pay, given you could probably buy a mid table Championship Club for £50m. If this mob cannot succeed in the next two years, then the youth academy five year plan to premier league via League One is likely. 

What would be ideal is Tony Khan to get a great advisor that is happy for TK to get the credit, but makes sure TK makes the right decisions, preferable with jedi mind abilities in persuasion.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 04, 2019, 11:39:36 PM
If Tony Khans steps down as DoF, then the Khans will probably lose interest in the club, and the club is almost broke apart from the players it owns (tv money is invested in them) so if we need reinforcement Khans will need to invest. And last years recommendations of buys to TK probably were crap even before his involvement.

Those that hope the club is sold, I doubt they will sell it unless they get £200 million, which only a property developer would pay, given you could probably buy a mid table Championship Club for £50m. If this mob cannot succeed in the next two years, then the youth academy five year plan to premier league via League One is likely. 

What would be ideal is Tony Khan to get a great advisor that is happy for TK to get the credit, but makes sure TK makes the right decisions, preferable with jedi mind abilities in persuasion.

So what you are saying is that Shad Khan has no interest in Fulham other than it being a play thing for his son.

Woolly Mammoth

Please forgive me Rational Fan if I am incorrect, and I apologise profusely if I am wrong.
But have you been sent on this board as a proper gander machine by the Khans to brain wash us all to their way of thinking, as I feel your pro Khan posts are extremely robotic, as though you are reading them off a script, and I assume you know the penalty for being caught as a spy, and if you are proven to be one, I shall be taking the penalty.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.