more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Watford Wolves .. what a cracker !

Started by Robbie, April 07, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

What a cracking match.
Watford are not the most talented but they have passion, fight, fitness, good game management, togetherness  ......  hmm .. what we needed !

@jolslover

To be fair Deulofeu is a talent and the reason they got anything today.
STH H3

bog

A wonderful match. So many semis between two 'big' clubs in the past have been crudly boring. Watford and Wolves brought the tournament back to life. Have to ask why did the Wolves boss taken Rubens off? The game is never won until it is won.   I bet Elton John is buzzing! (and I don't mean for room service)

092.gif

BigbadBillyMcKinley

To be fair, Troy Deeney is a player i'd have in my team. Seems to score goals out of no where, and usually important ones.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

It was refreshing to watch both sides, and who would have guessed the script would be written like that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Hopefully the last season we see the semi finals at Wembley, no need for it now with stadiums like Old Trafford and the new Spurs stadium , shame to see so many empty seats at Wembley.

bog

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 07, 2019, 09:17:26 PM
To be fair, Troy Deeney is a player i'd have in my team. Seems to score goals out of no where, and usually important ones.

+1 100% If you read of Troy's childhood what a role model he has become. Southgate has gone on record as saying his style is not suitable for England. Rubbish!

Will be cheering for Watford in the final.

092.gif

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: bog on April 08, 2019, 08:31:52 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 07, 2019, 09:17:26 PM

+1 100% If you read of Troy's childhood what a role model he has become. Southgate has gone on record as saying his style is not suitable for England. Rubbish!

Will be cheering for Watford in the final.

092.gif

If there was ever an example of using your second chance to better yourself, he is it.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

filham

Message from my granddaughter a Watford fan who was at the match:-

DON'T WORRY GRANDAD THERE IS LIFE AFTER JOCANOVIC

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

The first Deulofeu goal was fantastic, pretty much the only spot he could have put it in, gets better with each watch. Total composure and skill, most players would have tried to gain a yard and whack it and hope. He took an extra half a second, assessed the situation and chip and curled it in.

Yep, a great match that. I think the commentator said that Wolves have not won a game this season whilst wearing white. Maybe it makes them think they are Fulham :(.

filham

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 08, 2019, 03:16:53 PM
The first Deulofeu goal was fantastic, pretty much the only spot he could have put it in, gets better with each watch. Total composure and skill, most players would have tried to gain a yard and whack it and hope. He took an extra half a second, assessed the situation and chip and curled it in.

Yep, a great match that. I think the commentator said that Wolves have not won a game this season whilst wearing white. Maybe it makes them think they are Fulham :(.
So perhaps we should try wearing old gold against Everton.

bog

What a difference the Brighton-City. game. Brighton did what they had to do which was to try to stop City playing and hope to grab a goal. The opposite was to go toe to toe and lose 6-0. Keown got on my nerves with his love affair with City. They had not done much of any note and then after about 60 mins they had one move of their usual ways and he immediately squirts 'City are purring now....' he made no mention of how soon that purring stopped. Thank God or someone for Sunday's semi-final!
092.gif   

filham

Quote from: bog on April 08, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
What a difference the Brighton-City. game. Brighton did what they had to do which was to try to stop City playing and hope to grab a goal. The opposite was to go toe to toe and lose 6-0. Keown got on my nerves with his love affair with City. They had not done much of any note and then after about 60 mins they had one move of their usual ways and he immediately squirts 'City are purring now....' he made no mention of how soon that purring stopped. Thank God or someone for Sunday's semi-final!
092.gif   
The Cup Final now looks attractive and I would think most of us would like to see a Watford victory.

bobbo

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2019, 05:36:43 PM
Quote from: bog on April 08, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
092.gif   
The Cup Final now looks attractive and I would think most of us would like to see a Watford victory.
👍⚽️ Yes me for one.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Watford_fc

Was a great occasion - well once we turned up and decided to play!

Hopefully give City some sort of game - got nothing to lose so might as well go for it to an extent.

We'd never be able to hold on and nick a 1-0 anyway!

Better start saving though....£65 yesterday and probably be more for the final.

WindyCity

Quote from: Robbie on April 07, 2019, 07:11:58 PM
What a cracking match.
Watford are not the most talented but they have passion, fight, fitness, good game management, togetherness  ......  hmm .. what we needed !

Yep, great game, very entertaining.  Caught the second half and the extra time.  Fun game.

bog

Quote from: Watford_fc on April 08, 2019, 10:56:49 PM
Was a great occasion - well once we turned up and decided to play!

Hopefully give City some sort of game - got nothing to lose so might as well go for it to an extent.

We'd never be able to hold on and nick a 1-0 anyway!

Better start saving though....£65 yesterday and probably be more for the final.

Those of us who were there likewise last May will have some idea of your emotions! I do not recommend ours now though!!  Good luck on the 18th!!   :54: 092.gif

Watford_fc

We had a couple of those season post play-offs wins as well albeit without spending quite so much!

Just seen the prices!

£145/115 - better be a good close game then!

Think I'll go for the £65 ones...