watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is It David Moyes For Fulham?

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 10, 2019, 07:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

On the radio last night a pundit maybe dropped a hint who our next manager is going to be by stating that he believed Fulham have held talks with ex Man Utd manager(funny how he never mentioned his name).
I'm assuming its Moyes as I doubt it would be Van Gaal.
20/1 available on Moyes think I might take a risk and have a few quid on at that price today,along with my picks for this weeks Masters. 049:gif

Fulham 442

First McClaren being touted and now Moyes! Its a big no to both from me.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 10, 2019, 07:25:32 AM
First McClaren being touted and now Moyes! Its a big no to both from me.

Don't think McLaren been mentioned by media,that was someone on here put him forward.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Both play rubbish football.

We don't need an old pretender. We need a young, up and coming manager with modern day tactics.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ffcwickford

Put a few bob on Danny and Nicky Cowley from Lincoln City, as they will be promoted to League One in the next fortnight!

Fulham 442

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 10, 2019, 07:30:27 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 10, 2019, 07:25:32 AM

Don't think McLaren been mentioned by media,that was someone on here put him forward.

Yes i know but I still don't want either of them whoever they were mentioned by!

Statto

None of the British candidates excite me. We can do much better looking abroad. You look at the best Championship teams and they've all been foreign-managed recently - Farke, Wagner, Jokanovic, Biesla, Nuno...

JimmyConway

Personally think his exactly the type we require going in to the championship. He has had ups & downs but experience is vital in this division and a manager who can sort our Achilles Heel of a defence. If it's personality and charm then he won't win the awards but a good solid all round manager is what we require plus less likely to Yo-Yo as a club with someone like Moyes in charge.

ffccornwall

bog

No chance I hope! We need a younger one. If Slav aint coming back I would go for Lee Johnston.

092.gif 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ffcwickford on April 10, 2019, 07:46:10 AM
Put a few bob on Danny and Nicky Cowley from Lincoln City, as they will be promoted to League One in the next fortnight!

I backed the Imps at 10/1 start of season.
Holiday money for the wife and I...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 10, 2019, 07:34:03 AM
Both play rubbish football.

We don't need an old pretender. We need a young, up and coming manager with modern day tactics.

Thought Everton played decent stuff under him.
I don't want him,but the 20/1 is tempting going by what they said.
But talks often come to nothing.
Big gamble going on Michael Appleton to be QPR boss.

Milo

Fingers crossed he means Jose.

If it's Moyes I think I'll retire from international football watching.

But then.. I was underwhelmed by Babel's signing and clearly that was premature.

Fulham 442

No chance I hope! We need a younger one. If Slav aint coming back I would go for Lee Johnston.

Good shout. Isn't he a Fulham fan as well?

toshes mate

I'd just like to know who, at FFC, is doing the alleged 'talking' because if it's the 'old guard' then heaven help us given their record - one in eight.  Let us hope it is two in nine.

deadcowboys

If we are going for experience, maybe Methuselah could do a good job!

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 10, 2019, 09:19:10 AM

Good shout. Isn't he a Fulham fan as well?

His dad is.

H4usuallysitting

Gary Johnson is a Fulham supporter....he grew up nearby....Moyes would definitely organise and get our team very fit - but not sure he's the right fit

filham

Rumours so far are McClaren and Moyes , bet there are a few more rumours to get through before we make an appointment.

ScalleysDad

In footballing terms the success Moyes had at Everton was light years ago. Decidedly average since then with the caveat that following Fergie was always going to be the poison chalice of appointments. It is not only the first team that needs fixing here but the whole demeanour around the Club. We need a hurricane when many are aiming for a breath of fresh air. Parker is in post now, another poison chalice of an appointment, and has had a few things to say openingly acknowledging a number of issues to resolve. Quite brave imho. We are also led to believe he has the respect of the key players and having written off the season many of us are quite keen to blood the youngsters even if that means no more points but the foundations laid for next season. Already that scenario looks more appealing than any of the Prem merry go round options coming in.

The Cowley brothers. Too big a leap? Bags of energy and they would certainly fit the Fulham profile we all hark back to but to soon perhaps? Both are as untested as Parker. A season in League one would take them a step closer to dealing with high expectations, the pressure, big money spending and prima Donna players. Any of these may be why they are never linked, as far as I know, to the numerous vacancies outside the Prem that have occurred this season.

Sport in Bristol is a city wide project incorporating the rugby, county cricket, the Uni and all the grassroots sport you can think of.. Even if City don't go up Johnson can work in a much better environment than the Khans currently offer.

The continent. I think we missed an opportunity with Ralph going to Southampton but no other names really slap you about the face. Wagner has the experience some people crave but things did fall apart a bit at Huddersfield and besides why would he put himself back under the pressure of management at this level especially with such a needy audience. JOka? No for all the reasons rolled out already.

It's going to be a challenging appointment and alas our selection process has been found wanting.
Certainly if we end up with a Premiership dinosaur I don't see the ship being steadied anytime soon.