News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker urges Fulham to use the run in as a platfrom.......

Started by bill taylors apprentice, April 12, 2019, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

for Championship return.

Among his quotes are:

"We have half an eye on next season" and "Build and look to next year"

So what exactly does that mean?

I suppose we will find out tomorrow but dare we hope to see some of the failures omitted and new faces in the squad?

Statto

I'm relatively confident we'll lose the next 4 games. I'm all for dropping the loanees and using the youngsters, but not sure I'd bill that as a 'platform' for much!

Nick Bateman

What's the other eye on or is he just going in cock-eyed??
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Matt10

Hopefully, the article itself will help clear things up, or at least provide context:

Fulham manager Scott Parker has called on his players to use the club's final five matches of their Premier League campaign as a platform to build on for next season's return to the Sky Bet Championship.

In the wake of the Cottagers' relegation being confirmed at the start of the month with a 4-1 defeat at Watford, Parker accepts changes will be made during the closed season, and players will leave.

Parker believes, however, it is imperative the right attitude and mindset are adopted now that will at least stand Fulham in good stead come August.

"We have five games left in a division which is one of the best in the world, and also we have half an eye on next season," Parker said in a press conference to preview Saturday's visit of Everton to Craven Cottage.

"Of course, we want to win games now, we want our fans to have a little bit of pride in what we do.

"At the same time understand that this is an important time for this football club, this team, this squad, to certainly build and look to next year and have a massive impact."

The defeat at Watford stretched the club's losing run to nine games, with the last five under Parker since he took caretaker charge.

While his own future is uncertain, he recognises the fans have a part to play in the club moving forward.

Parker said: "It's a cliche but the fans are the most important people at a football club.

"When a team gets relegated, there's uncertainty – players leave, people lose their jobs – but there's always one mainstay, and that's the fan.

"I hope their vision is my vision. Okay, it's been a disappointing year but in football, as quick as you have a disappointment, you're around the corner to a high, hopefully.

"We dust ourselves off and look forward, to win football matches and to have half an eye on next year, which is a tough division."

Ahead of the clash with the Toffees, Parker cannot fault the attitude of his players who, for the last 10 days, have had to come to terms with relegation.

"We've had a really good week, put in some good work, and I sit here in a place where I feel confident the players have prepared right for a very good side," assessed Parker.

"If I guarantee, which I can, a Monday looks how I want it to look, a Friday looks how I want it to look, I go into Saturday with full confidence. Believing in that process and culture is the most important thing."

Striker Floyd Ayite faces a late fitness test on a muscular injury after only returning to training on Thursday.

Defender Alfie Mawson, midfielder Lazar Markovic and goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli are all out.

Link here: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/scott-parker-urges-fulham-use-run-platform-championship-return

Mince n Tatties

How can someone be out all this time by just changing his boots....😵

Neil D

What is the point of watching loanees who can't wait to cash in their last FFC cheque and clear off? 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Matt10 on April 13, 2019, 01:56:09 AM
Hopefully, the article itself will help clear things up, or at least provide context:

Fulham manager Scott Parker has called on his players to use the club's final five matches of their Premier League campaign as a platform to build on for next season's return to the Sky Bet Championship.

In the wake of the Cottagers' relegation being confirmed at the start of the month with a 4-1 defeat at Watford, Parker accepts changes will be made during the closed season, and players will leave.

Parker believes, however, it is imperative the right attitude and mindset are adopted now that will at least stand Fulham in good stead come August.

"We have five games left in a division which is one of the best in the world, and also we have half an eye on next season," Parker said in a press conference to preview Saturday's visit of Everton to Craven Cottage.

"Of course, we want to win games now, we want our fans to have a little bit of pride in what we do.

"At the same time understand that this is an important time for this football club, this team, this squad, to certainly build and look to next year and have a massive impact."

The defeat at Watford stretched the club's losing run to nine games, with the last five under Parker since he took caretaker charge.

While his own future is uncertain, he recognises the fans have a part to play in the club moving forward.

Parker said: "It's a cliche but the fans are the most important people at a football club.

"When a team gets relegated, there's uncertainty – players leave, people lose their jobs – but there's always one mainstay, and that's the fan.

"I hope their vision is my vision. Okay, it's been a disappointing year but in football, as quick as you have a disappointment, you're around the corner to a high, hopefully.

"We dust ourselves off and look forward, to win football matches and to have half an eye on next year, which is a tough division."

Ahead of the clash with the Toffees, Parker cannot fault the attitude of his players who, for the last 10 days, have had to come to terms with relegation.

"We've had a really good week, put in some good work, and I sit here in a place where I feel confident the players have prepared right for a very good side," assessed Parker.

"If I guarantee, which I can, a Monday looks how I want it to look, a Friday looks how I want it to look, I go into Saturday with full confidence. Believing in that process and culture is the most important thing."

Striker Floyd Ayite faces a late fitness test on a muscular injury after only returning to training on Thursday.

Defender Alfie Mawson, midfielder Lazar Markovic and goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli are all out.

Link here: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/scott-parker-urges-fulham-use-run-platform-championship-return

As I said........... what so does it actually mean?

I think most of us know what we would like it to mean, lets hope he is ditches the ineffective loanee's and makes some bold selections!

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

As the more astute commenters have already said Parker has accepted the poison chalice.  I'd simply add the rider that he really didn't have much of a choice because only one answer would give him a chance to prove his value to both himself and others.  I hope he has a plan in his head and I hope he has shared all of what needs to be shared (i.e. not everything; that'll come later) with his bosses to achieve some positives before the season closes.  He will be aware of how fickle the Khans are and he knows that fan power would be the one thing he can swing in his favour and not necessarily by crude attempts to turn things around via results.  Jokanovic's saving grace throughout his tenure was the quality of the football his teams could produce at their best.  If he can demonstrate the nucleus and seeds of a team germinating then Parker gives himself the best chance with fans.  So far there have been a few glimpses but nothing of lasting value.

filham

Parker has a bit of a problem today, we are calling for youngsters in the team and for those that will not be with us next season to be left out of the team.
It would be suicide for him to leave out Mitrovic andChambers, not to mention Cairney and Sess.