https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker in

Started by sunburywhite, April 13, 2019, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Well done to Scott for getting the result today

All of a sudden we look like a team
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Pressure was off today as we're already down,so no nerves...Let's not get carried away.
But great performance having said that.

Luka

Everton were shocking. How they are top ten beats me.
However, we did finally look like a team with some unity today.
So credit where credit is due.
COYW.

I Ronic

Going into the Championship on a few wins may persuade some to stay until Christmas. Keep the ins and outs down to a minimum and start the next campaign strongly.

sarvenpa

Quote from: I Ronic on April 13, 2019, 06:14:51 PM
Going into the Championship on a few wins may persuade some to stay until Christmas. Keep the ins and outs down to a minimum and start the next campaign strongly.

I think its vital to keep Anguissa and Cairney.
Sell Seri asap.

RaySmith

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 13, 2019, 05:50:00 PM
Well done to Scott for getting the result today

All of a sudden we look like a team

0001.jpeg

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 13, 2019, 05:57:38 PM
Pressure was off today as we're already down,so no nerves...Let's not get carried away.
thought it was most complete performance of the season strong through out defensive performance very calm,
Midfield strong everyone new there jobs
Top 3 excellent sess mitro and the excellent babel,who I think we should really tie down on a contract if possible .he seems to be in control with ball at his feet.
Well done Scotty good first game of your audition.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 13, 2019, 05:57:38 PM
+1, we might have looked like a team today but 1/2 of these players won't be with us next season, we have quite a few that will still be with us but we have no idea how good they are or will be, no thumbs up from me for SP, not yet anyway!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tonywa

It really does make quite a difference when you're not giving the ball away every few seconds!!!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tonywa on April 13, 2019, 06:27:44 PM
It really does make quite a difference when you're not giving the ball away every few seconds!!!!!!

That is the difference, the lower down the Pyramid the more the ball is given away, especially the unforced errors.
So today the confidence grew as the game wore on, because of less mistakes.
Apart from Rico whose command of his area was shocking.
He was punching the ball when he should be catching it at its highest point and then signing it, and on top of that his punching was awful, no distance, he kept miscueing the call even when there was no opponent near him.
That just makes his defenders even more nervous.
But the outfield players workrate was much higher today. Lots of good habits.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

We won not thanks to Rico as he seems lacking in being able to punch let alone catch a ball a mess of a keeper all round.

filham

A real hard working effort today by all of the players, all of the pretty pretty stuff seems to have gone but we battled.
Parker obviously has the backing of the players.

Similar performances at the Cottage against Cardif and Newcastle should put Parker top of the short list for the new manager post.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 13, 2019, 06:56:00 PM

That is the difference, the lower down the Pyramid the more the ball is given away, especially the unforced errors.
He was punching the ball when he should be catching it at its highest point and then signing it, and on top of that his punching was awful, no distance, he kept miscueing the call even when there was no opponent near him.

Agree with you Woolly. Rico simply fails to catch when he should and looked poor. Of the outfield players all except TFM had good games. Confidence definitely grew as the match progressed.

Fulham Tup North

One Swallow does not a Summer make, but credit where it is due. Good team effort today, plenty of energy and Babel's finish......lovely 😁 
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

@jolslover

Sess looked poor as well today I thought. Other than him and Rico everyone had good games IMO.
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Twig on April 13, 2019, 07:02:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 13, 2019, 06:56:00 PM

Agree with you Woolly. Rico simply fails to catch when he should and looked poor. Of the outfield players all except TFM had good games. Confidence definitely grew as the match progressed.

The Telegraph published lots of Premier League Stats today and this morning Rico was in second position for most punches by a keeper, he may now be top.

bobby01

Far better team performance, actually showed effort, even from some who haven't all season. The cynical part of me wonders how many may think good performances now will get them a move away.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 13, 2019, 07:06:19 PM
One Swallow does not a Summer make, but credit where it is due. Good team effort today, plenty of energy and Babel's finish......lovely 😁 
COYW

That depends on what your swallowing. I thought Fulham swallowed a huge barrel of energy today, and a large pint of urgency, they appeared to want to play for the Manager and each other. Let's hope it becomes a good habit.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

It was much better from the team and so full marks to Parker on his first win as a manager.  Now if this can be carried over to next Saturday and subsequent matches this season then it'll be a good indication of progress being made where it needs to be made.  Parker must have time and be allowed to continue his positive contribution to the Club since the football yesterday was much closer to what we have needed this whole season.

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on April 14, 2019, 07:21:19 AM
It was much better from the team and so full marks to Parker on his first win as a manager.  Now if this can be carried over to next Saturday and subsequent matches this season then it'll be a good indication of progress being made where it needs to be made.  Parker must have time and be allowed to continue his positive contribution to the Club since the football yesterday was much closer to what we have needed this whole season.

That last comment is a good point, it wasn't just the team and individual performances that were good, the footballing style was much more suited to the Prem and the players seemed comfortable with it.