News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who else is excited about the Championship?

Started by Robbie, April 05, 2019, 11:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 13, 2019, 11:58:55 AM
In answer to the original question: all my friends who support Brentford, QPR, Swansea, Stoke and even Sunderland who have all taken great joy over us being relegated.

Tell your friends I am in no way bothered what they think or want.
My great joy is seeing my grand children, and theirs appears is seeing us relegated, what a sad mentality. They are all currently below us, because that is where they deserve to be.
It's like the story of the bloke who threw a boomerang years ago and now he lives in constant fear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 06, 2019, 12:22:42 PM
it will be nice to go into games without that feeling of despair knowing you are going to lose.
Dunno why some fans are happy to put up with all the losing just so they can cling to premier league status?

To compete realistically, play well and get wins. What's not to like?

By that logic we just get promoted to the prem where you don't enjoy it. Might as well have done a better job this season and stayed up.

Forever Fulham

I won't get to watch as many games.  But there's a 'realness' to CL that I think gets blurred sometimes in the Premier League.  Hungry players trying to make it.  Fans with a different perspective.  Fans more localised.  And such a disparity in stadia, pitch quality, regions.  Not crazy about the rough house tactics more common there. I do worry that our owner could become disillusioned enough to sell, and that could be very bad indeed.  As to his son...

AnOldBrownie

Love this team and can't wait to see them play in ANY league.

Still need a starting right back that would stay with the team if we get promoted again.    S Sess might be that guy, but I want a bigger, faster right back.

Excited for next season.   Zambo should come good in the Championship.

davew

Though a win is a win and thoroughly deserved, let us not get carried away, our weaknesses were still exposed, a goalkeeper that can't catch a ball, no decent right back, a starting 11 today containing at least 3 players who won't be with us next season and no strength in the depth of our squad, I would still remain worried on which 1/2 of the table we will finish in next season. I won't hazard a guess until the start of next season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Right back is pivotal as is the Goalkeeper situation, Rico couldn't catch a cold, and sends shivers up his defenders backs, let alone the fans. 

Never forget your Roots.

sarvenpa

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 13, 2019, 05:35:39 PM
Right back is pivotal as is the Goalkeeper situation, Rico couldn't catch a cold, and sends shivers up his defenders backs, let alone the fans.

Fabri must really be useless in training sessions.......

jeffc4golf

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sarvenpa on April 13, 2019, 05:39:44 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 13, 2019, 05:35:39 PM

Fabri must really be useless in training sessions.......

Fabri is only 5'11" and a fag paper, which is very small for his height
As the FA will currently not allow step ladders in the penalty area, Fabri is kippered, his only mission is to join a five a side League.

Never forget your Roots.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Twig on April 13, 2019, 02:01:16 PM
it will be nice to go into games without that feeling of despair knowing you are going to lose.
Dunno why some fans are happy to put up with all the losing just so they can cling to premier league status?

By that logic we just get promoted to the prem where you don't enjoy it. Might as well have done a better job this season and stayed up.

west brom fans used to say during their yo yo years that they don't take it too seriously in the prem and treat it as a bit of sightseeing and then when relegated switch back on and take it serious and get into it due to  the realistic chance or promotion or even the title. rinse and repeat.
winning the title is something that can never ever happen in the prem for teams like fulham. (don't mention claudios Leicester)  getting excited about merely surviving in the prem does not float my boat. the prem to me is everything that's wrong about the game. the lack of players loyalty - kissing the badge one game and then wearing a different shirt the next. same as half the current players

I guarantee next season in the championship virtually EVERY player in the team will be passionate about playing for Fulham and the last thing on their minds will be ditching us at the end of the season.

whereas its the prem or bust for most prem players who simply play for money. end of. and I find it hard to get passionate about players who are nothing more than mercenaries here today gone tomorrow.

ignore me im a dinosaur. I once heard bobby robson describe what football is all about and it brought a tear to my eye.
a million miles away from the current state of football in the premier league.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: WindyCity on April 06, 2019, 04:21:02 PM

Sorry, can't buy into this.  The goal for any player, coach, owner, and fan is for their team to succeed and win at whatever level/league they are at.  Always striving to be better, to gain promotion, to win.  I'll happily take some lumps in the PL.  There will be other times (fingers crossed, haha) when FFC can compete more forcefully in the PL.  Sure, it's a tough league.  But you can relish in wins, staying up (mid table) and the occasional win/draw v a top 6 club. 

What's not to like?

It ain't the PL.

all that glitters aint gold, too much phoney loyalty in the prem here today gone tomorrow from the players and how can you get to like love or even worship players who used to be your heroes but are now  more akin to ambulance chasing compensation lawyers  they are in it purely for themselves and are kidding you when they kiss the shirt.
I will never forget that last min celebration of the goal at leeds, the players were one with the fans.
it meant something. it was to me real.
half of this seasons team will be forgotten by august.
this is just my thoughts and im not saying im right and everyone who wants Fulham to play at the highest level and lose a lot is wrong
but as for enjoyment gained on a match to match basis I cannot see how getting drunk on real ale and having a kebab is not as good as merely being qualified to turn up to the top table but only eat scraps and not be allowed to quaff the champers. 

doom and gloom for half/3/4 of the season or excitement all the way through?

status over success

TC's Sporran

todays win has just had to be celebrated by booze to excess, so apologies for the previous boring ranting posts.

roll on the prem in 2020/21!!!

WindyCity

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 13, 2019, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 06, 2019, 04:21:02 PM

Sorry, can't buy into this.  The goal for any player, coach, owner, and fan is for their team to succeed and win at whatever level/league they are at.  Always striving to be better, to gain promotion, to win.  I'll happily take some lumps in the PL.  There will be other times (fingers crossed, haha) when FFC can compete more forcefully in the PL.  Sure, it's a tough league.  But you can relish in wins, staying up (mid table) and the occasional win/draw v a top 6 club. 

What's not to like?

It ain't the PL.

all that glitters aint gold, too much phoney loyalty in the prem here today gone tomorrow from the players and how can you get to like love or even worship players who used to be your heroes but are now  more akin to ambulance chasing compensation lawyers  they are in it purely for themselves and are kidding you when they kiss the shirt.
I will never forget that last min celebration of the goal at leeds, the players were one with the fans.
it meant something. it was to me real.
half of this seasons team will be forgotten by august.
this is just my thoughts and im not saying im right and everyone who wants Fulham to play at the highest level and lose a lot is wrong
but as for enjoyment gained on a match to match basis I cannot see how getting drunk on real ale and having a kebab is not as good as merely being qualified to turn up to the top table but only eat scraps and not be allowed to quaff the champers. 

doom and gloom for half/3/4 of the season or excitement all the way through?

status over success

To each his own.  As I said previously, I'll take the lumps that come with PL football.  Still seek the highest levels, scraps or not.  I'm sure you recall the thrill and "oneness" with the team last year at Wembley.  I thought that meant something, was real, and when they kissed the shirt that day, it carried some meaning.  Yes, this year was a huge disappointment.  I'll cheer on FFC and hope for promotion next year or the following.  Still would rather be perched in the PL.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES