watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's Improved Form

Started by Andy S, April 22, 2019, 09:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I've said before on here that there is little difference between 10th and relegation. Watford were played off the park at Vicarage Road until late in the game when a team used to being beaten week after week conceded. Then the food gates opened. Everton on a rich vein of form beaten 2-0 at the Cottage by a superior team. Bournemouth the same yet all we get is that because we are already relegated the pressure is off. There are a lot of things different since Mr Parker took over as Manager. The team is much more organised. Players are playing with more confidence and getting results again against the average sides who on occasions shine. Yes we will be relegated but I would be tempted to lay a bet on us winning all of our final games. When we come back we will be even better.
We know the reason that we have had such a poor season. Too many loan players in the team the season before. Clubs coming up beware. So on paper we spent 100M but realistically we needed to spend more. It will be interesting to see how teams promoted next season fare
Its easy to dismiss our improved form on the fact that we are already down and the pressure is off.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Andy S on April 22, 2019, 09:33:54 AM
I've said before on here that there is little difference between 10th and relegation. Watford were played off the park at Vicarage Road until late in the game when a team used to being beaten week after week conceded. Then the food gates opened. Everton on a rich vein of form beaten 2-0 at the Cottage by a superior team. Bournemouth the same yet all we get is that because we are already relegated the pressure is off. There are a lot of things different since Mr Parker took over as Manager. The team is much more organised. Players are playing with more confidence and getting results again against the average sides who on occasions shine. Yes we will be relegated but I would be tempted to lay a bet on us winning all of our final games. When we come back we will be even better.
We know the reason that we have had such a poor season. Too many loan players in the team the season before. Clubs coming up beware. So on paper we spent 100M but realistically we needed to spend more. It will be interesting to see how teams promoted next season fare
Its easy to dismiss our improved form on the fact that we are already down and the pressure is off.

Agreed Andy,

Also think that team spirit is back which has been missing for a lot of the season for whatever reason, possibly gelling of the team under Parker has helped where as Ranieri just could mot do that . And for what its worth Cardiff are where they are on team spirit, and it pains me to say it but Colin has had them fighting all season to give them a chance of staying up.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Non of us want to admit this but a lot of credit is due to Cardiff and their manager for the way they have performed this season, they started as a team given less chance of survival than us, they have spent much less than us on players but have given some good performances against good sides .

Saturday's match at the Cottage will be a test match for Scott Parker to see if we can match a Cardiff team desperate for 3 points to keep their premier league hopes alive.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on April 22, 2019, 10:52:28 AM
Non of us want to admit this but a lot of credit is due to Cardiff and their manager for the way they have performed this season, they started as a team given less chance of survival than us, they have spent much less than us on players but have given some good performances against good sides .

Saturday's match at the Cottage will be a test match for Scott Parker to see if we can match a Cardiff team desperate for 3 points to keep their premier league hopes alive.
really think we will win Saturday!

mancwhite

Much as I dislike Warnock - his record speaks for itself. Getting Cardiff promoted automatically and keeping them still in with a shout of staying up indicates whatever else he is very good manager.
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Arthur

We know the reason that we have had such a poor season. Too many loan players in the team the season before.

Others may agree with you, but I don't think this is the reason. Only Targett & Mitrovic were 'in the team' (as opposed to 'in the squad') and we signed the latter.

There are a lot of things different since Mr Parker took over as Manager... Yes we will be relegated but I would be tempted to lay a bet on us winning all of our final games.

With this, I do agree.

It has been said on here more than once that no manager could have kept our squad in this league, but SP is, in my opinion, showing us that - playing in a different way to that of either SJ or CR - it may have been possible after all.

Even after the terrible time we've had, it seems ironic that, had we done nothing extra this season than protect our two-goal lead away at Brighton, we would still have a slim chance of staying up were we to win our final three games.

Nero

I tell you what Parker has brought, he brought Stuart Gray back to the Club he knew what an important part of the backroom staff he was from his time at the Club, I believe another Manager let him go 

The Rational Fan

Fulham players of 2017 were a massive disappointment, no team can change their squad entirely in a season and not be in serious danger of relegation unless they bring in champions league players.

Nick Bateman

Seems the refs have eased up on us too, disallowed goal V Everton and a rare penalty to win against Bournemouth.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"