more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (23/04/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 23, 2019, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Parker: "Vitally important" to keep Mitrovic

Scott Parker expects Fulham to do "everything they can" to keep hold of top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic but admits it will be difficult following Premier League relegation.

Striker Mitrovic underlined his importance to the west London club by claiming his 11th league goal of a difficult season to earn Saturday's 1-0 win at Bournemouth.

The Serbia international joined the Cottagers last term when they were playing in the Sky Bet Championship and fired them to promotion via the play-offs with 12 goals in 20 appearances.

Caretaker manager Parker believes it is crucial to retain the services of the 24-year-old as they prepare for an immediate return to the second tier.

"It will be vitally important really, he's a top-class centre forward and I think you've seen that evident in the last two games," said Parker.

"I know what the owners think, I know their ambition and certainly it is going to be a challenge.

"He's a top-draw centre forward but at the same time I think that this football club we'll be doing everything they can to keep a player like Alek.

"We've spoken about next year and the plans ahead and I think the main focus for Mitro is finishing the season like he has (on Saturday), a performance, the winning goal."

Parker's own Craven Cottage future remains unclear.

The former England midfielder, whose temporary tenure began with five defeats in a row, has boosted his prospects of landing the role on a permanent basis after Saturday's victory at the Vitality Stadium followed last weekend's home win over Everton.

He is keen to remain at the helm and anticipates an imminent decision.

"I think it's probably fair to say over the coming weeks now we're coming towards the back end of the season," he replied after being asked when he will learn his fate.

"There are going to be conversations to be had and we'll see where we go from there.

"Next year's going to be a massive year and I said at the start of it that I'll treat it as a long-term project for me, and I know for sure whether I'm here or not I'll leave the club in a better place than what it was."

Bournemouth's defeat means they have not won on home soil since thumping Chelsea 4-0 in January.

The mid-table Cherries received positive news ahead of the loss with 21-year-old winger David Brooks named on the shortlist for the Professional Footballers' Association Young Player of the Year award.

Manager Eddie Howe believes there is plenty more to come from the Wales international and is unconcerned about potential interest from other clubs.

"I think he's done brilliant things this season. I think he's taken to the Premier League so well," Howe said of Brooks.

"Technically he's produced some excellent performances for us. I think the best is yet to come – he's got a really good future if he continues to work hard and stay level-headed."

Speaking about possible transfer bids for the former Sheffield United player, Howe said: "It's not something that we've really thought about, to be honest.

"The transfer widow and losing players has not really been at the forefront of our thoughts.

"David recently signed a new contract so he's fully pledged to the football club."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/parker-vitally-important-to-keep-mitrovic_356944.html

WhiteJC

Chris Mepham believes injuries 'killed the game' for AFC Bournemouth against Fulham

CHRIS Mepham believes injuries proved costly in Cherries' disappointing defeat against Fulham.

Eddie Howe initially named an unchanged XI from the thumping 5-0 win at Brighton seven days earlier, only for Adam Smith to pull out injured in the warm-up.

Junior Stanislas was drafted in from the bench to start at right-back, but he was then forced off after just 23 minutes with a knee problem.

With fellow defenders Simon Francis, Nathaniel Clyne, Diego Rico and Charlie Daniels already on the sidelines, that meant the introduction of Jack Simpson with Mepham, Steve Cook and Ryan Fraser all taking turns on the right of the defence during the 90 minutes in the 1-0 reverse.

Centre-back Mepham told the Daily Echo: "We don't want to make excuses but I think the injuries changed the game.

"We started the game really well and looked threatening every time we went forward and then Junior came off injured, which stopped the rhythm.

"We never seemed to get back into the full flow of things."

He added: "At Brighton we seemed to take every chance we had and were very unselfish. Against Fulham we lacked that killer instinct.

"The injuries killed the game."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17589723.chris-mepham-believes-injuries-killed-the-game-for-afc-bournemouth-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham fans react to Neil Lennon speculation

Celtic manager Neil Lennon is reportedly on the radar of Fulham.

Fulham fans have taken to Twitter to give their reaction to speculation linking the club with Celtic manager Neil Lennon.

According to The Scottish Sun, Celtic manager Lennon is on the radar of Fulham to become their new manager.

The 47-year-old was appointed as the manager of the Glasgow giants in February 2019 until the end of the season following the departure of Brendan Rodgers to Leicester City in the Premier League.

Scott Parker is in charge of Fulham at the moment, and will remain in the role until the end of the season.

The London club will play in the Championship next season, having already been relegated from the Premier League.

As for the Hoops, they have won the Scottish League Cup this season, and could clinch the Scottish Cup and the Scottish Premiership title as well.

According to The Scottish Sun, Lennon's two managerial spells at Celtic and his time at Hibernian have impressed Fulham chiefs, including billionaire owner Shahid Khan.

Fulham fans have taken to Twitter to give their reaction to speculation linking the London club with Celtic boss Lennon.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/22/fulham-fans-react-to-neil-lennon-speculation/

WhiteJC

Juventus set to rival Premier League clubs for £40million Ryan Sessegnon

The Fulham teenager has had a difficult first Premier League season but has burst into life since relegation was confirmed

Juventus have joined Tottenham in the race for Fulham's teen sensation Ryan Sessegnon .

The 18-year-old is likely to leave Craven Cottage this summer with the Whites ready to cash-in on the talented winger.

Fulham are understood to want £40million for him despite his contract running out in 2020 - and a bidding war could now ensue.

It is claimed Sessegnon favours Spurs because he can stay living in west London - and because manager Mauricio Pochettino has a great track record of improving young English talent.

Despite a difficult season he has shone in the wins over Everton and Bournemouth and is producing the goods under caretaker manager Scott Parker.

Sessegnon is back in favour under Scott Parker (Image: James Marsh/BPI/REX)

Tottenham have been tracking Sessegnon for some time and are favourites to land the winger with Pochettino a big fan.

But Manchester United , Liverpool and Paris St Germain have also been linked with a player who will have only one year on his contract when this campaign ends.

Borussia Dortmund are also watching and would take him on a free transfer at the end of next season if he runs his contract down

However, Italian giants Juventus , keen to bring fresh blood into an ageing side which won the Serie A title at the weekend but flopped in the Champions League to Ajax last week, are also monitoring Sessegnon and will make a summer bid.

Fulham face a major battle to hold on to several of their major stars.

Now Fulham are considering selling (Image: Getty Images)

Parker said after the win at Bournemouth that he wants both Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and midfielder Tom Cairney to stay in order to build a squad to get out of the Championship next season.

The Cottagers may now offer both new deals in order to try to persuade each to stay. But Mitrovic, valued at £30m by the club and only signed last summer, has already had offers from China, and West Ham and Crystal Palace are both interested.

Cairney still has four years of his current deal to run and is more likely to stay. Turkish club Fenerbahce are though also interested in forward Ryan Babel.

Parker's chances of landing the manager's job full time in the summer have been boosted by the wins over Everton and Bournemouth – but the club have also looked at Celtic manager Neil Lennon as a possible appointment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/juventus-set-rival-premier-league-14446831

WhiteJC

'I am at the stage where I have to make the right decison': Ryan Babel indicates he will leave Fulham for the sake of his international future

Ryan Babel has indicated that he will leave relegated Fulham in the summer
    Babel wants to join a Premier League club to get in Holland's Euro 2020 squad
    Winger has scored four goals in 13 games since joining Fulham in January 

Ryan Babel has strongly indicated he will leave relegated Fulham in the summer for the sake of his international future.

Caretaker manager Scott Parker wants to keep the winger, whose short-term deal expires after this season.

But Babel is set to move on, with his preference to land at a Premier League club as he attempts to make the Holland squad for Euro 2020.

Ryan Babel has indicated that he will leave Fulham when his deal expires this summer

He said: 'My agent has had some phone calls. For me, I am at the stage where I have to make the right decision. I am able, if I am lucky enough, to play in the Euros next year, if we qualify. So there are a lot of factors for me to make the right decision.

'I still think I have two or three years ahead of me and of course if I have the opportunity to stay in the Premier League, that would be great.'

Babel would like to join a Premier League club as he looks to get in Holland's Euro 2020 squad

Asked if he needs to be in the top flight to be selected for Holland, he added: 'Yes of course. I am aware of that. That is what I am saying. I have to make the right decision for my family and the future. I will look into it.'

Babel has scored four goals and provided four assists in 13 appearances for Fulham since joining the club in January.

The 32-year-old has been capped by Holland on 54 occasions, and was included in their most recent squad in March.

Fulham conclude their season with games against Cardiff, Wolves and Newcastle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6948509/Ryan-Babel-indicates-leave-Fulham-sake-international-future.html

WhiteJC

Juventus prepared to battle Premier League clubs for Ryan Sessegnon as they vie with Tottenham for signature of £40m-rated teenager

Fulham are said to be resigned to losing Ryan Sessegnon in the summer
    They will demand somewhere in the region of £40million for his services
    Tottenham are the favourites but they will now face competition from Juventus

Juventus will compete with Tottenham for the signing of highly-rated Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon.

The Cottagers are said to be resigned to losing the 18-year-old winger during the summer transfer window.

They will demand somewhere in the region of £40million for his services, despite his contract expiring in 2020, and Juventus look ready to stump up the cash, according to The Mirror.

Juventus will compete with Tottenham for the signing of Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon

Sessegnon is believed to be leaning towards a move to Spurs due to his desire to continue living in west London.

The Englishman is also fully aware that manager Mauricio Pochettino has a fine track record of developing young English players.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Paris tSaint-Germain have also shown interest in him but it is Juve who look most likely to come in with a formal offer in an effort to add some youth to an ageing side.

Despite Fulham's poor campaign, Sessegnon has continued to impress. The teenager has made 35 appearances in all competitions so far this season, contributing two goals and six assists.   

The teenager has made 35 appearances this season, contributing two goals and six assists

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6948683/Juventus-prepared-battle-Premier-League-clubs-Ryan-Sessegnon.html

WhiteJC

Sources: Benitez plots Newcastle swoop to re-sign PL high flyer available on a free

Rafael Benitez is plotting a summer swoop for Fulham ace Ryan Babel if he stays on as Newcastle United manager, Football Insider understands.

Benitez previously signed the Dutch winger from Ajax when he was at Liverpool in the summer of 2007, and he went on to spend three-and-a-half-years at the Merseyside giants.

A source close to the player has told Football Insider that Newcastle are among the clubs keeping tabs on Babel, who has made a big impression since joining Fulham in January.

The winger, 32, has scored four goals and supplied four assists from 13 matches for the relegated club and been key to their consecutive league victories.

Newcastle's interest may depend upon Benitez staying on as manager, with his future shrouded in doubt due to a contract stalemate with the board.

Babel has put English top-flight clubs on red alert by revealing his first choice is to remain in the Premier League next season as he looks to ensure he will play in Euro 2020 for Holland next summer.

His contract at Fulham expires at the end of the season and he is available on a summer free transfer.

The forward cost Liverpool £11.5million in 2007 and made 146 appearances before joining Hoffenheim in an £8m deal in 2011.

Babel lost his way during spells at Ajax, Kasimpasa in Turkey, Al Ain in the UAE and Deportivo La Coruna, but rediscovered his spark at Besiktas, where he won the Super Lig title.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-benitez-plots-newcastle-swoop-to-re-sign-pl-high-flyer-available-on-a-free/

filham

Oh dear this coming summer window is going to be all about who will be leaving us rather than who we will be bringing in.
I fear the situation where we need four or five new players to replace good players that have left and there we are on deadline day making desperate bids for players that are not wanted by other clubs.

Woolly Mammoth

Well if it does come to that, we know who to hold accountable, let's hope he is dismissed before he inflicts more own goals on the club. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.