more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where Are They Now?.Part1

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 25, 2019, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Groundsman "Hippy Steve".
He used to be out on the pitch with his pitchfork before the players  had shaken hands at the end.
Used to have a chat with him on my walk round from the Hammersmith End to the Cottage back in the days.

Woolly Mammoth

Where is Sir Craven of Cottage ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Now there are about a dozen groundsmen. Steve used to do it all on his own and also put the corner flags out 10 mins before Kick off. maybe he's still there, he's just had a hair cut

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on April 25, 2019, 09:39:54 AM
Now there are about a dozen groundsmen. Steve used to do it all on his own and also put the corner flags out 10 mins before Kick off

Yes he did.
I remember him coming on to the pitch once with his fork when the ref blew his whistle,he thought it was full time,there was still 5 mins to go...lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 25, 2019, 09:42:26 AM
Now there are about a dozen groundsmen. Steve used to do it all on his own and also put the corner flags out 10 mins before Kick off

Yes he did.
I remember him coming on to the pitch once with his fork when the ref blew his whistle,he thought it was full time,there was still 5 mins to go...lol

Where was his spoon and knife and serviette ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Now there are about a dozen groundsmen. Steve used to do it all on his own and also put the corner flags out 10 mins before Kick off. maybe he's still there, he's just had a hair cut

And all those groundsmen are now dressed in their Fulham FC uniform, poor old Steve had his own an old shirt , shorts, desert boots, his long hair plus his trusty garden fork. He was mentioned at the last game amongst a few of the old faithful when the present army of groundsmen came on at half time.

deadcowboys

Moved on to London Broncos where he was kitman, kicking tee carrier & water boy for many years. Don't think he's involved anymore though.

Tonywa

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 25, 2019, 08:47:46 AM
Groundsman "Hippy Steve".
He used to be out on the pitch with his pitchfork before the players  had shaken hands at the end.
Used to have a chat with him on my walk round from the Hammersmith End to the Cottage back in the days.

For many years Steve McGee has been associated with London Broncos Rugby League team in a variety of capacities including as kitman. It's a wonderful sport and I'm sure he has had a wonderful tim being involved in it.

Tonywa

Sorry repeating info from the earlier post.  That'll teach me to read threads properly in future.