https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And the first to run out of the door

Started by bobby01, April 27, 2019, 09:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Quote from: Twig on April 28, 2019, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: gang on April 28, 2019, 03:46:54 PM
Chambers will return to his club, Babel will leave as his loan expires, SchĂĽrle and Seri will be no great loss if we can palm them off.

Babel is not on loan, we signed him on a short term contract.

He's still leaving at the end of this season.

the nutflush

Quote from: Milo on April 27, 2019, 12:15:22 PM
He would've been handy in our Championship team last year as part of a squad rotation.

Just like Fonte. As has already been said I hope we have learnt our lesson.

love4ffc

I thought I read somewhere that FFC had done nothing with the Vietto and his contract.  That it was all just noise coming out of Sporting?  Shame really if true as I do think he would of done us a good for us next season. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Every Player that can play premier league will be running out the door, but most cannot leave as we have them under contract, especially those players that would sell for a loss and cut next years budget (i.e. Fabri and Seri). As disappointed as most Fulham fans  will be; the truth is Betts and Cairney are much more saleable than Fabri and Seri due to the price we paid for the later two, so we know which two we will end up with if the later two don't play again this season.

Twig

Quote from: Nero on April 28, 2019, 07:26:57 PM
Vietto on loan with a option to make permanent we have until the end of May to make it happen   :005:

Why would we do that?

Twig

Quote from: gang on April 28, 2019, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 28, 2019, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: gang on April 28, 2019, 03:46:54 PM
Chambers will return to his club, Babel will leave as his loan expires, SchĂĽrle and Seri will be no great loss if we can palm them off.

Babel is not on loan, we signed him on a short term contract.

He's still leaving at the end of this season.

Of course he is, he will be out of contract. That was my point.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 29, 2019, 02:20:23 AM
Every Player that can play premier league will be running out the door, but most cannot leave as we have them under contract, especially those players that would sell for a loss and cut next years budget (i.e. Fabri and Seri). As disappointed as most Fulham fans  will be; the truth is Betts and Cairney are much more saleable than Fabri and Seri due to the price we paid for the later two, so we know which two we will end up with if the later two don't play again this season.

If we have any aspirations of promotion next season then swopping TC and Betts for Seri and Fabri would be suicidal.

Matt10

Think he could've been good under Parker if given the chance. That applies to literally all our players though. Think it's been such a skewed season to say who's been really poor and who hasn't when we've had 3 managers with 3 different styles. Shame that most would rather say good riddance.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on April 29, 2019, 09:51:41 AM

If we have any aspirations of promotion next season then swopping TC and Betts for Seri and Fabri would be suicidal.

It might be better for team spirit to keep two English lads, but in terms of footballing ability, IMO it would be like swapping six for half a dozen 

KeenCottager

Vietto not worth keeping the Championship.

We need to be looking at more well built players for that division - we are a pretty small team, in relation to players heights

ffc73

With hindsight, IMO Vietto was a downgrade on Piazon

AnOldBrownie

Wait...both Vietto and Schurrle are in the latest (Wolve's) training pictures.   I thought Vietto was gone already.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on April 29, 2019, 07:44:51 PM

It might be better for team spirit to keep two English lads, but in terms of footballing ability, IMO it would be like swapping six for half a dozen 

Come on Statto, Fabri was out of his depth in pre and early season whereas Betts was very decent in the Champ last year.  In my view TC is more creative than Seri and creates more attacking opportunities but I accept some may feel differently.  As a pair however Fabri and Seri are surely a downgrade on TC and Betts?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2019, 06:58:50 PM

Come on Statto, Fabri was out of his depth in pre and early season whereas Betts was very decent in the Champ last year.  In my view TC is more creative than Seri and creates more attacking opportunities but I accept some may feel differently.  As a pair however Fabri and Seri are surely a downgrade on TC and Betts?

But have you watched Fabri play more than a handful of games in a completely new and unsettled struggling team? How do you believe you can make an informed decision that he could not be "very decent" in the Championship based on that?

Twig

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 01, 2019, 10:20:51 PM

But have you watched Fabri play more than a handful of games in a completely new and unsettled struggling team? How do you believe you can make an informed decision that he could not be "very decent" in the Championship based on that?

I saw what I saw. I watched three of his four games and he was poor. And yes, they were a new team, but it was pre and early season so hardly struggling.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2019, 11:32:31 PM

I saw what I saw. I watched three of his four games and he was poor. And yes, they were a new team, but it was pre and early season so hardly struggling.

Fabri had a shocking pre-season, but he has managed to keep less than a goal per game in his last 70 league games. Fabri has saved 16 goals in his 2 matches in premier league, while Betts has saved 20 goals. Two Games would make 2x goalkeeper quite saleable at break even, but if he doesn't play Betts is our only saleable goalkeeper as any price for him is a profit. I see no reason, why we cannot have Fabri and Betts for the first half of the season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on May 01, 2019, 11:32:31 PM

One can of course judge a player on less than a handful of performances. I wouldn't do that, but we are all different. I suspect that he will be off anyway and that we will never get the chance to see whether the assessment seem correct or rushed however.