more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PAY Ryan Babel!

Started by AnOldBrownie, April 27, 2019, 05:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Milo on April 27, 2019, 05:25:13 PM
Even Babel's post match comments were self-interested. I think he will be off.

Shame. Player of the season?

Probably right if we divide the season into thirds, the shambles, the total shambles and the twinkling of light at the end of the tunnel bit. Absolutely no worthy candidates for PoY from the first two periods.
As much as I would like Babel to stay, his goal yesterday put paid to that, I think we should talk very seriously to Mrs Chambers about her needs for next season.

Milo

Quote from: andyk on April 28, 2019, 09:28:05 AM
Babel has found a place he can play, he fits into the team, make him captain, give him the responsibility of nurturing a young team with potential. Sell it as the next stage in his career, building towards management or coaching.  He's not going to get an offer from a top 6 team, maybe a mid table one, but he will be up against very stiff competition in most of those squads.
A couple of years slowly festering on the bench is the most likely outcome, and then what?
Step up Mr Khan, do your job.

I thought about this but there are bigger assets eg Mitrovic who you could press the same button with first.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Also, Besiktas were willing to loan him so if he goes back there he may sit on the bench,
not a good showcase for him
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tabby

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on April 28, 2019, 03:03:27 PM
Also, Besiktas were willing to loan him so if he goes back there he may sit on the bench,
not a good showcase for him

We didn't loan him, we bought out the last 6 months of his contract. He is a free agent this summer.

He wanted to show he could still do it in the Prem, and he has I think. He'll be looking for a team in the top division this summer.

WindyCity

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on April 27, 2019, 06:28:18 PM

Better than languishing in a some middle PL team or in Turkey

Well, I should think middle PL would be quite acceptable for any player.  A somewhat lofty and acceptable place to be.  And of course, any FFC fan in this forum would gladly take middle PL.  I know I would.

Skatzoffc

The point for me tho is his age.

He won't be offered a position in the top or mid teams at 32. He will most likely be in the same boat as this season with one of the teams coming up.
That may or may not suit him knowing he fit s our team and style of play.

Make an offer and see what happens. We have nothing to lose and if he gets a better offer he will obviously take. It. I'm just not sure he will get that better offer.
I'd deffo try to keep him tho with a clause to suit both parties if we dont come straight back up.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 27, 2019, 06:35:25 PM
Babel isn't going to stay,he want play in the Championship, and wants premier to stay in Dutch squad.

Make him a great offer now and let him think about it. If he fails to get selected for the Dutch game against England and/or doesn't get selected the next game 9th June, his Dutch Career is basically over and will never make Euro 2020 at 33.5 years ago. Once his Dutch career is over, Fulham maybe a good place for him.

Twig

First off, why do people keep saying he is with us on loan? He was a permanent signing, just a very short term one.  He is out of contract at season end.

Secondly, much as I would like to see him tear up the Championship next season it will not happen. He has made it crystal clear that he will only listen to offers to play in the Prem. 

Milo

I'd be attempting to explain that there's international legacies but also club legacies. E.g. Parker could show him he did something similar at his age and went to fulham, is a fan favourite now, and it's helped him get his first Premiership managerial job. Parker needs to sprinkle more of that magical man management here!

Matt10

I think Babel deserves to stay in the PL. He's toughed it out with Beskitas and was a controversy there, then he comes to us and sees that things are still up in the air - not to mention we're going to a division below where he wants to play. I do not think money is the push any longer, especially at his age, but he's done more than enough to help his profile to move on to another PL club in the summer. I say good for him, he may be 32, but he's playing like he's 22 right now. Any club with half a brain will see what value he brings immediately to the table.

hovewhite

Don't expect him to stay,would really luv it if he did but don't think it will happen so good luck to the geezer!

andyk

Without wishing to be too cynical it may be that Babel's efforts are driven, primarily, by the need to secure a contract for the next couple of years.  He clearly didn't do much at Besiktas and they were glad to be rid of him. When he came he was unfit and off the pace, but, fair play he put the work in and has been a brilliant addition to the squad.  His workrate and aggression has motivated the rest of the team.  Too late, of course, but nice to see all the same.
If we are looking for any new players, best thing is to get loanees who are out of contract within the next 6-12 months, they seem to be the ones who put the yards in, discover their enthusiasm for tracking back and generally giving 100% in every minute of every game.  Can't think what the incentive is.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: andyk on April 29, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
Without wishing to be too cynical it may be that Babel's efforts are driven, primarily, by the need to secure a contract for the next couple of years.  He clearly didn't do much at Besiktas and they were glad to be rid of him. When he came he was unfit and off the pace, but, fair play he put the work in and has been a brilliant addition to the squad.  His workrate and aggression has motivated the rest of the team.  Too late, of course, but nice to see all the same.
If we are looking for any new players, best thing is to get loanees who are out of contract within the next 6-12 months, they seem to be the ones who put the yards in, discover their enthusiasm for tracking back and generally giving 100% in every minute of every game.  Can't think what the incentive is.

Based on your logic, the kind of players you don't want are those with 4-5 years left on their contract, because they don't have the right incentives. On a completely different topic entirely, how long did Cairney, Anguissa and Seri have left on their contracts this season?