watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PAY Ryan Babel!

Started by AnOldBrownie, April 27, 2019, 05:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Give him a 3 year deal, promise him that if they don't come right back up he's released...and pay him as much as financial fair play allows.

If he's on the squad next season you either have a great front line with him, Mitro and Sess, or you at least have a striker that can cover if we sell Mitro.

Sign him.

MikeW

There's a very real chance none of them will be with us!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 27, 2019, 05:12:09 PM
Give him a 3 year deal, promise him that if they don't come right back up he's released...and pay him as much as financial fair play allows.

If he's on the squad next season you either have a great front line with him, Mitro and Sess, or you at least have a striker that can cover if we sell Mitro.

Sign him.
Not so convinced about Sess, very poor this season and to be honest I don't think he will do much better in the Championship next season, he will be marked out of most games!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MikeW on April 27, 2019, 05:14:13 PM

Sess will...if SP is manager. And davew is correct.   Cardiff's left back didn't look troubled all game against Sess.    If anything their LB was player of the game.

Mitro is under contract and our owners aren't cash strapped so they can ask a team for 60 million if they want.

Babel can be bought outright from his Turkish team and the Khans can afford it.   It's a matter of what Ryan wants and what the championship allows a team to buy.

Milo

Even Babel's post match comments were self-interested. I think he will be off.

Shame. Player of the season?

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 27, 2019, 05:20:47 PM
Quote from: MikeW on April 27, 2019, 05:14:13 PM

Sess will...if SP is manager. And davew is correct.   Cardiff's left back didn't look troubled all game against Sess.    If anything their LB was player of the game.

Mitro is under contract and our owners aren't cash strapped so they can ask a team for 60 million if they want.

Babel can be bought outright from his Turkish team and the Khans can afford it.   It's a matter of what Ryan wants and what the championship allows a team to buy.

I don't think Davew is correct, although I agree Less wasn't very good today. He has shown, although not often enough, that he can play in the PL. I also don't understand, if Sess was so bad, why was their LB player of the game?

Babel is also out of contract, so we can't buy him. Nor do we need to since he will be a free agent. Hi will however most likely have lots of options more attractive than Fulham, unfortunately.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on April 27, 2019, 05:25:13 PM
Even Babel's post match comments were self-interested. I think he will be off.

Shame. Player of the season?

Well if he's not retained we need to hope that Tony Khan has another one of those rare moments where he buys a good player to replace Ryan.    To be fair to TK, noone really thought Babel's loan would be good for the team.

QuoteI also don't understand, if Sess was so bad, why was their LB player of the game?

I think the reason Sess had a bad game was because Joe Bennett played him so well.   He made Ryan look like a young player imo.

Milo

Well Babel's signing didn't save Fulham so we were right. I don't think it was that we thought Babel would be bad.. just that we knew the issues were in defence.

hovewhite

Quote from: davew on April 27, 2019, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on April 27, 2019, 05:12:09 PM

Sign him.
Not so convinced about Sess, very poor this season and to be honest I don't think he will do much better in the Championship next season, he will be marked out of most games!
firstly on babel offer him what he wants with an escape clause!
As for sess very harsh the comments above in the OP he will have learnt so much in a young age over the last 2 seasons if we keep him and run down his contract he leaves the club fair play to him!
Meanwhile the 3rd victory  and clean sheet back to back.love life love Fulham!

BestOfBrede

I don't know how much Sess gets for wearing those boots, but I think he should get rid..
I don't remember seeing a player slip so much as Sess has this season!
It's almost like he's lost his confidence so badly that he feels making a slip will cover it up!
I'm starting to think that if we sold Sess and Mitro, for what is suggested as something like 80/90million we should take it?
And use that on Babel and a few others!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Babel has stated on several occasions that he still wants to play for Holland who are not happy to select non Premiership level players.
Forget him.

Milo

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 27, 2019, 05:43:07 PM
I don't know how much Sess gets for wearing those boots, but I think he should get rid..
I don't remember seeing a player slip so much as Sess has this season!
It's almost like he's lost his confidence so badly that he feels making a slip will cover it up!
I'm starting to think that if we sold Sess and Mitro, for what is suggested as something like 80/90million we should take it?
And use that on Babel and a few others!

"Few others"

Who though? Our recruitment is very hit and miss and Mitro tore up the CS last year! We simply have to keep him.

As for Sess, may be best for everyone if he moves on although I understand many want him to stay. Certainly won't be pushing him out the door but £25-30m would be a lot of money based on how's begun to plateau cf Rashford, Hudson Odoi etc.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Maybe winning the last 3 games and the crowds support could be an incentive for some
of the Babels, Mitros etc to stay.
IF there's more investment they may think
"This could be a really exciting season and who knows what we can achieve"
Better than languishing in a some middle PL team or in Turkey
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Babel isn't going to stay,he want play in the Championship, and wants premier to stay in Dutch squad.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 27, 2019, 06:35:25 PM
Babel isn't going to stay,he want play in the Championship, and wants premier to stay in Dutch squad.

Simples. Agreed.

filham

Babel in the Championship would be deadly.
At his age though he wants top level football to enable his international selection to continue. He will be away at the end of the season.

aaronmcguigan

Perhaps for Southgate, he can justify saying players need to be in the premier league to play for Rngland because no English player (other than a select few) has the courage to play outside England.
The Dutch national team is comprised of players from all across Europe's domestic leagues so it's difficult to compare and contrast across different leagues given the varying standard of opposition. I don't see the difference between Babel playing against Leeds, Stoke, West Brom next season compared to Goztepe, Sivasspor and Kasimpasa 👌

AnOldBrownie

Babel will go where he gets the best contract (most money...longest term contract)  He actually looks like he's playing to get a big payday.   Huge workrate, defensive help, working well with his teammates.

If the Khans offer him a great contract, with an out clause if the team doesn't come back up the following season, he'll be in the championship next season.  Yes, it'd be nice for the Dutch national team for him to be in the EPL, but does anyone think they (the Dutch national team) don't already know what they get with 32 year old Ryan Babel?    If he starts 35 games for Fulham and he lights up the championship would they view him any less than if he was doing well in the Turkish league?

Again...he's 32.   

Anyone have a link to a post where he isn't speaking contract talk (talking about what's best for him and his family) and he's actually said "no, I won't be on Fulham's team next season"?   I mean, he knows next season Fulham are in the championship.   

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: filham on April 27, 2019, 06:55:51 PM
Babel in the Championship would be deadly.
At his age though he wants top level football to enable his international selection to continue. He will be away at the end of the season.

It's a shame, but I agree.

andyk

Babel has found a place he can play, he fits into the team, make him captain, give him the responsibility of nurturing a young team with potential. Sell it as the next stage in his career, building towards management or coaching.  He's not going to get an offer from a top 6 team, maybe a mid table one, but he will be up against very stiff competition in most of those squads.
A couple of years slowly festering on the bench is the most likely outcome, and then what?
Step up Mr Khan, do your job.