more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 25, 2019, 10:23:48 PM
Stoke have just completed five signings today,one is Nick Powell from Wigan,bit injury prone,but good player imo.

I wouldn't have any of them at Fulham .. Maybe Powell at a push but even he would only be a squad player for us with Cairney here.
STH H3

Sting of the North

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on June 26, 2019, 01:30:35 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 25, 2019, 01:31:41 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 25, 2019, 01:27:57 PM
Anybody?😒

I've heard from a dependable source that absolutely nothing can or will happen until TK is back from his wrestling adventures (whenever that is). That's why we haven't signed anyone. Not even a 16 year old left back. Or a goal keeping coach.
Telephone, text, email, tweets, Messenger, Skype, homing pigeon....etc
I can't believe that

I was not being serious, although I realize that is sometimes hard to tell from a written message. Of course things can happen even if TK is away (as evidenced by the things that did happen, if not already clear from common sense), because they do have pigeons in the states as well I'm sure.

bobby01

Reading the various news feeds as usual in the faint hope we may get someone as we have lots going out. Spuds have offers in or contemplating a lot of young players. Maybe they have decided sess is not worth the money this year and that is why rumours of him running down his contract are appearing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bill taylors apprentice

So, no news or even idle gossip?
I reckon it will be at least another 2 weeks before we get wind of anything positive but that's just a rumour!

simplyfulham

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2019, 07:55:31 AM
Stoke have just completed five signings today,one is Nick Powell from Wigan,bit injury prone,but good player imo.

I wouldn't have any of them at Fulham .. Maybe Powell at a push but even he would only be a squad player for us with Cairney here.

I'd take Liam Lindsay over any of our centre halves at the moment.

Nick Powell and Adam Davies are great squad players considering there is no transfer fee involved. They are also on the verge of signing Stephan Ward on a free. Great experienced full back or would be more then adequate competition for what we have. They're not making stellar signings but it's all tidy business, they sort I would have hoped we'd be looking at.

bobby01

Wan Bissaka 50 mill to manure, wonder how much of that Roy will see
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mince n Tatties

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2019, 02:33:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 02:01:32 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 26, 2019, 11:31:01 AM
Liam LindsayI'd take Liam Lindsay

Who?

Barnsley centre back who has just joined Stoke.

The one who got relegated to League one the year before last? Why is good enough for a promotion chasing team exactly?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 26, 2019, 11:31:01 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2019, 07:55:31 AM

I'd take Liam Lindsay over any of our centre halves at the moment.

Nick Powell and Adam Davies are great squad players considering there is no transfer fee involved. They are also on the verge of signing Stephan Ward on a free. Great experienced full back or would be more then adequate competition for what we have. They're not making stellar signings but it's all tidy business, they sort I would have hoped we'd be looking at.

You would want "3 games last season and 33 years old" Stephan Ward? Good lord, if TK bought him this forum would have his guts for garters.

AnOldBrownie

Mitro and Anguissa in the new kits.     They may be on their way out, but it would be odd to see them brandishing the new kits, then show up on another team in a month.

Mitro and Andre will probably NOT be transfer moves this window.

Nero

Leeds United winger Jack Clarke is close to completing a move to Premier League side Tottenham.

Negotiations have advanced far enough for the Championship club to let the 18-year-old travel south for a medical.

It is understood a fee in the region of £10m has been agreed, with further payments scheduled if certain clauses are met.

He would be Tottenham's first signing since Brazil forward Lucas Moura joined from Paris St-Germain in January 2018.

Clarke came through the youth system at the West Yorkshire club and made his first-team debut on 6 October last year against Brentford.

He made 25 appearances for the club last season and helped them to the Championship play-off semi-finals, where they lost to Derby County.

Sure he a left winger/ forward could be theyve gone for him due to Sess price/injuey

AnOldBrownie

Thank you Jack Clarke. (young, English, winger)

And thank you mild hammy injury on Ryan.

And thank you Spurs for 2+ years of rumors and never pulling the strings.

wheelerdeeler

The Sessegnon and Clarke transfers aren't an either/or. Pochettino most likely sees Sessegnon more as a LWB than an out-and-out winger and even if he was seen as "just" a winger Clarke coming in would mean Spurs' wingers are Son, Lucas Moura, Lamela, Nkoudou and Clarke. With Nkoudou likely to be gone. In other words, there'd still be space for Sessegnon.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 26, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
The Sessegnon and Clarke transfers aren't an either/or. Pochettino most likely sees Sessegnon more as a LWB than an out-and-out winger and even if he was seen as "just" a winger Clarke coming in would mean Spurs' wingers are Son, Lucas Moura, Nkoudou and Clarke. With Nkoudou likely to be gone. In other words, there'd still be space for Sessegnon.

But as seen from the final vs Liverpool, they don't always play with two wingers. Vs Liverpool in the champions league final, they had Son and Eriksson with Winks and Sissoko in the centre - Moura was on the bench. We are also forgetting Lamela exists and Alli can also play there. So Sessegnon would ever be down the pecking order as a LW and Spurs dont play a LWB but Spurs traditionally play 4 at the back with an attacking midfielder... so again unless they change their formation to incorporate a 19 year old I again dont see it. Sess wont get in ahead of Rose or Davies in the LB spot.

I think it's clear to me that unless theres a couple more exits than just Nkoudou that Sess wont be going, and if he is he's straight out on loan...

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 03:43:23 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on June 26, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
The Sessegnon and Clarke transfers aren't an either/or. Pochettino most likely sees Sessegnon more as a LWB than an out-and-out winger and even if he was seen as "just" a winger Clarke coming in would mean Spurs' wingers are Son, Lucas Moura, Nkoudou and Clarke. With Nkoudou likely to be gone. In other words, there'd still be space for Sessegnon.

But as seen from the final vs Liverpool, they don't always play with two wingers. Vs Liverpool in the champions league final, they had Son and Eriksson with Winks and Sissoko in the centre - Moura was on the bench. We are also forgetting Lamela exists and Alli can also play there. So Sessegnon would ever be down the pecking order as a LW and Spurs dont play a LWB but Spurs traditionally play 4 at the back with an attacking midfielder... so again unless they change their formation to incorporate a 19 year old I again dont see it. Sess wont get in ahead of Rose or Davies in the LB spot.

I think it's clear to me that unless theres a couple more exits than just Nkoudou that Sess wont be going, and if he is he's straight out on loan...

Pochettino rotates between a 3 and 4 at the back constantly. I'd be 99% certain Nkoudou is leaving (I'd try for him on loan as part of the Sessegnon deal personally), Lamela's injury prone, Son and Lucas can both play up-front as well which would leave a space open on the wing.

I'd also be surprised if Sessegnon wasn't ahead of Clarke in the pecking order given their relative experience levels (and how much money they'd be putting into the deals). If anyone was likely to go out on loan this season I'd expect it to be him.

wheelerdeeler

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/26/tottenham-sign-jack-clarke-leeds-spurs-medical-ryan-sessegnon

"Pochettino is looking to reinvigorate his squad by signing hungry, young players with the potential to improve and the move for Clarke is independent of the push for another teenage winger – Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham, who is rated in the £25m bracket."

Marcel_Gecov

Instagram of someone wearing a Fulham shirt and Babel is tagged...

JoelH5

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 04:16:17 PM

huh?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on June 26, 2019, 04:16:17 PM

Where?

Also, Mitrovic has posted a picture of him in new shirt on his Insta. Surely staying!