https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 27, 2019, 04:51:35 PM
Quote from: JimOG on June 27, 2019, 03:42:37 PM
The other aspect of this thread I find frustrating is this constant harping back to Odoi, MLM, Ream being as good as is in the Championship. We're trying to build a side good enough to get back to the Premiership....AND stay there. That means finding a core group of 7/8 who will make this transition. None of those I've mention nor TC, KMc, Stefan etc are of that standard.
Have we learned nothing?

NAIL. ON. HEAD.

if we go up, we need to much better than we were two years ago, or the failure of last season will just happen again.

Firstly, if we were going into another PL season with this squad, right now, I'd expect us to survive. We were crap because we threw a bunch of strangers together in August. Give them a pre-season and a sensible manager, and I firmly believe most of our current squad are as good as Burnley, Brighton and Southampton's players.

Secondly, it doesn't make any sense at all to expect us to build a PL team in the Championship. NEWSFLASH: To the extent changes are made to our squad this summer, generally they're not going to be improvements.

Sting of the North

hovewhite

DevonFFC

Ryan Babel has completed a move to Galatasaray

Riversider

Matt Targett in talks with Aston Villa.

Carborundum

We might not be as bad, but I'd expect a miserable season in the premier league if we were still there.  We can't defend.  A monstrously dominant centre half and a quality right back are going to be vital.  Having shelled out for an increased-price season ticket, I don't want to be seeing opposition forwards treating our defenders like soft-touches.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on June 27, 2019, 09:45:28 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 27, 2019, 04:51:35 PM
Quote from: JimOG on June 27, 2019, 03:42:37 PM
The other aspect of this thread I find frustrating is this constant harping back to Odoi, MLM, Ream being as good as is in the Championship. We're trying to build a side good enough to get back to the Premiership....AND stay there. That means finding a core group of 7/8 who will make this transition. None of those I've mention nor TC, KMc, Stefan etc are of that standard.
Have we learned nothing?

NAIL. ON. HEAD.

if we go up, we need to much better than we were two years ago, or the failure of last season will just happen again.

Firstly, if we were going into another PL season with this squad, right now, I'd expect us to survive. We were crap because we threw a bunch of strangers together in August. Give them a pre-season and a sensible manager, and I firmly believe most of our current squad are as good as Burnley, Brighton and Southampton's players.

Secondly, it doesn't make any sense at all to expect us to build a PL team in the Championship. NEWSFLASH: To the extent changes are made to our squad this summer, generally they're not going to be improvements.

I tend to agree. We might make one or two minor gains in quality but we will also go backwards in some areas. As an example we won't be signing another Babel any time soon.

AnOldBrownie

I'd be happy with simply a replacement for Ryan Fredericks.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

filham

Come on , face facts, Babel has gone, Mitrovic, Sess., Seri and Anguissa are likely to be away at the first real opportunity. There is going to be some serious rebuilding needed in a short space of time.

Friendsoffulham

Southampton and Aston Villa have agreed a £14m fee for Matt Targett, rising to £17m including add-ons. Expect the deal for the left-back to go through this weekend. Good business for Saints; solid long term investment for AVFC

Tonywa

I was thinking he was overpriced, but given what we paid for some of our players last season he's probably a bargain.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Tonywa on June 29, 2019, 11:36:51 AM
I was thinking he was overpriced, but given what we paid for some of our players last season he's probably a bargain.

How much did we pay for Bryan ?   That is currently a lot of money for a good solid but limited player.  Then again, your right in that prices paid these days are totally over the top.   Wonder how much Fredericks is worth ?   Think we miss him a lot more than Targett.

Tabby

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 29, 2019, 11:51:44 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on June 29, 2019, 11:36:51 AM

How much did we pay for Bryan ?   That is currently a lot of money for a good solid but limited player.  Then again, your right in that prices paid these days are totally over the top.   Wonder how much Fredericks is worth ?   Think we miss him a lot more than Targett.

We paid 6 or 7 million for Bryan IIRC. Which I think is a reasonable price for a top Championship defender.

We were also apparently willing to pay £15 million last year but Southampton didn't want to sell for that price then.

The Old Count

Quote from: filham on June 28, 2019, 06:37:26 PM
Come on , face facts, Babel has gone, Mitrovic, Sess., Seri and Anguissa are likely to be away at the first real opportunity. There is going to be some serious rebuilding needed in a short space of time.

Not facts 'till after the event.  Believe the worst if you like. I reckon there's a good chance all will stay. Seri might want away (especially if he reads this board) but we don't have to let him go if we don't want to. Same for the rest.

DevonFFC

Leeds United will complete the loan signing of Helder Costa from Wolves next week.

Jimsbeerbelly

Costa going to Leeds on loan, we should be all over players like that, including Cavaleiro, especially with Babel gone and Sess going, they're leagues above Kebano and Ayite.

AnOldBrownie

Sess...Mitro...and Anguissa still here...still under contract and more likely to stay by the day.

Any news on Ryan's injury?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Tabby

Most recent rumours are about us loaning the younger Chalobah and buying Charlie Austin. Austin has been in bad form for a couple of seasons now, so not sure about that.

Anyone seen Trevoh Chalobah play? Only seen him during some England youth games and he didn't look like anything special then.

JoelH5

Quote from: Tabby on June 30, 2019, 10:02:01 AM
Most recent rumours are about us loaning the younger Chalobah and buying Charlie Austin. Austin has been in bad form for a couple of seasons now, so not sure about that.

Anyone seen Trevoh Chalobah play? Only seen him during some England youth games and he didn't look like anything special then.

And was part of a relegation team last year. Hardly a championship winning player
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Quote from: The Old Count on June 29, 2019, 01:09:56 PM
Quote from: filham on June 28, 2019, 06:37:26 PM

Not facts 'till after the event.  Believe the worst if you like. I reckon there's a good chance all will stay. Seri might want away (especially if he reads this board) but we don't have to let him go if we don't want to. Same for the rest.
Babel has gone that is a fact and as I said  it is likely that Seri, Sess., Mitro and Anquissa will follow. Wish they would stay as that would save us a lot of money and further risk in the transfer market but if we plan on it and have no plans to replace them we could be in trouble.