watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humussapiens

According to reputable journalist Alan Nixon, Cardiff City attacker Bobby Reid could be set to re-join former club Bristol City before this afternoon's transfer deadline.

snarks

Signing Reid allows us to go from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 pretty quickly. Evidence of a plan B mindset.

However I do want someone defensive.

Statto

Quote from: bencher on August 08, 2019, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2019, 12:16:06 PM
Our transfer windows are beginning to follow the same pattern. Absolutely no value attached to signing players in time for pre-season and little regard had to what we actually need. Just wait until deadline day and look for random bargains like we're in Primark on boxing day.

If we do end up signing Reid, I would not agree that it is not what we need. It's been said many times over these last x weeks that we can't rely on Mitro being fit all season, and we also know that we lack a plan B striking option. Fonte has not worked out, AK is not the answer either. Obviously, we have to strengthen defence and DM as well, so let's see what transpires on that front.

Bobby Reid is 5'7". He cannot play as a Mitrovic-type CF. We could change our tactics to suit him, but if we're going to do that, we could just as easily play Cavaliero or even Ayite in that role. In any case no one in their right mind would say we need this signing more than defenders and midfielders. In fact I'd even prefer a new GK. 

Jim©

or even 2-3-5. Inverted xmas tree!
We'll concede a few but may score a load too.

I'd like DM through the door, RB and GK.

Outs today? Fabri? Cisse? Fonte? O Reilly on loan?

Tooting legend

Thats not what he said here......

Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko)
8/8/19, 6:57 AM
Fulham. Red hot favourites now for Bobby Reid. Cardiff will do deal if right. Pray for Lee Johnson 😳

Classic94

Bobby Reid - great, but he isn't a CB...

We Are Premier League

Harrison Reed from Saints? Cm but could potentially play as an attacking RB...

Why don't thye throw in Austin instead, instead of sending him to West Brom.

DevonFFC

The "great can he play CB" is very quickly becoming a sh1t joke

FFC1987

Honestly, I'm not sure where Reid fits in?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2019, 12:16:06 PM
Our transfer windows are beginning to follow the same pattern. Absolutely no value attached to signing players in time for pre-season and little regard had to what we actually need. Just wait until deadline day and look for random bargains. Like Currys on black friday.

The problem isn't signing players on deadline day, the problem is we sell players before their replacements have been at the club for at least one window. Fulham should have a first team squad of at least 23 players, and at least 18 of those players should be at the club for at least four months (enough for the first matchday only to include players at the club last season). We should have kept Anguissa for at least one window, while Arter was integrating into the club.

ffc73

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 08, 2019, 12:48:40 PM

Johanson replacement and, yes, we have other areas that need more urgent attention.

Maybe Johanson has been playing well at DM, CB or RB in training

HV71

Do you think we are after both Reid and Reed -or has some journo overheard something and we have some rumour confusion. Of course I could be read  ing  too much into this....

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC73 on August 08, 2019, 12:52:50 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 08, 2019, 12:48:40 PM

Johanson replacement and, yes, we have other areas that need more urgent attention.

Maybe Johanson has been playing well at DM, CB or RB in training

It's obvious from 17/18, that we drop points every time Cairney didn't start. FFC need two AM.

Mince n Tatties

Charlie Austen medical at W Brom.

Roberty

There is no rush to process the OUTS - the windows in the rest of Europe do not close until the end of the month - the urgency is only with players coming IN
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Drinkwater to Burnley.
Carroll back to Newcastle

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 08, 2019, 01:09:57 PM
Drinkwater to Burnley.
Carroll back to Newcastle

Good business by both teams there.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FFCFOREVER

Looking like Reid on his way to CC.As per SSN

LVBPTS

REID SET FOR FULHAM?

Sky sources understand Fulham is the more likely destination for Cardiff City midfielder Bobby Reid.
Supporter since 2000

St. Andrews White

Reid, Besic and a CB and I'd be delighted. Even just the first two with the business already done would be a decent window imo

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.