watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (27/10/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 27, 2010, 07:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-football/2010/10/26/late-goal-salvages-draw-for-east-fulham-82029-27546247/?

Late goal salvages draw for East Fulham

Middlesex Football League Two: Elite Youth 3-3 East Fulham

Humberto Coccia scored in the last minute to rescue a point for East Fulham and end their run of three consecutive defeats.

Still without a win to their name this season, East Fulham took the lead against Elite Youth when Jonny Gomes found the back of the net after 27 minutes.

The home side struggled to create any opportunities against the visiting defence and Coccia got his first of the afternoon just before the half-time whistle.

Unfortunately there was still time for Elite to force a goal before the interval and they managed to do just that – flicking home a header from a free-kick.

The header was the fourth that East Fulham have conceded in their last three matches and Elite levelled proceedings with a long-range strike in the second-half.

Not content with a point, the hosts continued to push forward in search of a winner and they were rewarded when a ball over the top of the defence was converted by the on-rushing striker.

The goal looked as though it would decide the match but a corner in the 90th minute from Bruninho Coccia found Humberto and he headed home to salvage a point for the visitors.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-football/2010/10/26/late-goal-salvages-draw-for-east-fulham-82029-27546247/?#ixzz13XTWtcnC

WhiteJC

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2010/10/26/davies_keen_for_schwarzer_to_stay?

Davies keen for Schwarzer to stay
Fulham midfielder Simon Davies hopes the club do all they can to hang on to Mark Schwarzer during the January transfer window.

The 37-year-old goalkeeper looked set for a £2.5million move to Arsenal in the summer, only for the deal to fall through as Fulham stood their ground.

Davies has just signed a new deal keeping him at Craven Cottage until 2013 and hopes the veteran Australian will also stay on with Mark Hughes' squad.

"I am sure they are speaking to Mark," Davies said.

"There is no doubting his ability and what he has done for the club. It is a no-brainer about trying to keep him, and I hope he stays."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/ReservesvMillwall.aspx?

Reserves 3-1 Millwall

Andrew Johnson continued his return to full match fitness on Tuesday afternoon at Motspur Park with 45 minutes of action as Fulham's Reserves recorded a victory over Millwall in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Johnson looked lively throughout the first-half, setting up Fulham's first goal of the game and scoring the Whites' second. David Elm completed the scoring for Billy McKinlay's men in the second-half.

The game started well for Fulham and they went close to breaching the Millwall defence early on when a well delivered corner from Bjorn Helge Riise saw Stephen Arturworrey's header produce a routine save from the visiting goalkeeper.

Fulham took the lead in the eighth minute after Andrew Johnson ran on to a long pass from Arturworrey. The Fulham striker managed to get around his accompanying defender before rounding the advancing keeper and cutting the ball back for Rob Milsom, who calmly side-footed into a unguarded net from 12 yards.

Undeterred by the goal, the visitors pressed and were soon back on level terms on the quarter-hour mark when a deep cross was touched back across the face of goal, allowing for a simple finish from close range. But Johnson ensured the scores were not level for long when he was on hand to capitalise on a moment of confusion following a Fulham corner on 18 minutes - smashing a loose ball home from six yards.

On 39 minutes Johnson swapped passes with Riise on the edge of the area, creating a fine opportunity for the Norwegian midfielder who forced a smart save from the Millwall keeper. Johnson's participation ended at half-time when he made way for Marcello Trotta.

The second-half started well for Fulham and the lively Riise was brought down in the area following a penetrating run into the heart of the Millwall defence. The referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot; unfortunately Rob Milsom saw his penalty kick superbly saved.

However, Fulham were not to be denied a minute later when Marcello Trotta fed a pass to David Elm who forced his way past two defenders before clipping a delicate finish over the keeper.

The impressive Alex Kacaniklic was proving to be a constant threat down the left wing, with Millwall simply unable to deal with his pace and trickery.

The Whites made a host of changes on the hour mark with Kagisho Dikgacoi, Freddie Stoor and David Elm all being replaced. Riise was replaced by Kerim Frei on 75 minutes as Fulham looked to close out the match.

The Whites maintained a high tempo to their game following the substitutions and were able to see out the rest of the game with little trouble from the guests.

Fulham starting XI: Smith; Stoor, Briggs, Pierre, Arturworrey; Dikgacoi, Riise, Milsom, Kacaniklic; A Johnson, Elm

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/ReservesvMillwall.aspx?#ixzz13XUnagQ9

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/10/26/1775380/cottagers-daily-rumor-mill-could-fulham-and-blackburn-be-planning-on?

Cottagers Daily Rumor Mill: Could Fulham and Blackburn Be Planning On Fighting To Sign Kara Mbodj?

Here is the latest  transfer speculation regarding Fulham. According to talksport.co.uk, Fulham and Blackburn have sent scouts to check out 20 year old Senegalese player Kara Mbodj. He currently plays for Tromso in Norway. The article states that Arsenal could be interested as well.

The story mentions that he can play centre back or as a defensive midfielder. Also, according to the article in talksport.co.uk, their information regarding Kara Mbodj is coming from the Norwegian media. 

I will continue to update this story regarding Fulham's possible interest in Kara Mbodj when more information is available.

WhiteJC

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2010/10/26/johnson_on_the_comeback_trail?

Johnson on the comeback trail
Andy Johnson continued his comeback from his nine-month injury nightmare on Tuesday afternoon by scoring in Fulham reserves' win over Millwall in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Saturday's Barclays Premier League defeat at West Brom saw the striker come off the bench to make his first senior appearance since January after recovering from a combination of shoulder, knee and hip problems.

The 29-year-old, who also played in a development match against Southampton a week ago, started this 3-1 win, lasting 45 minutes during which he set up Fulham's opening goal and netted their second.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218646

Fulham - AJ Scores!
After having come on as a second half substitute against West Bromwich Albion, Fulham continue to do their best to get Andrew Johnson fully-fit and back to full match fitness.

According to our spies Fulham arranged a behind-closed-doors friendly against Millwall this afternoon and AJ not only played but got on the score sheet as the reserves beat their south London rivals.

With Bobby Zamora out injured until February / March, it looks as if AJ will be back in the starting eleven very soon and doing his best to provide the gaols we need for the team to thrive

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218646#ixzz13XVvii9w

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218644

And the Best Cottager Was?
I know it hurt losing to West Bromwich Albion and extending our away record to 23 games without a win in the Premier League, but we still have a duty to perform.

We still need to announce who you thought was the best Fulham performer at The Hawthorns!

As it turns out there were two serious contenders for the accolade, one a recent recruit to the Craven cottage playing staff and another a former West Brom favourite.

The two main contenders were none other than Salcido and Gera with Salcido eventually beating Gera by 33% of the vote to 22% of the vote.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218644#ixzz13XWDcmd1

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324013/Fulham-Manchester-City-striker-Roque-Santa-Cruz.html?

Fulham back in for Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz as he issues come and get me plea

Fulham are to make a renewed bid to sign Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz after he declared his intent to leave in January.

The 29-year-old has been dogged by injury and rarely featured since his £17.5million move from Blackburn in 2009. His former manager Mark Hughes tried to sign him on loan for Fulham in the summer and Lazio also showed strong interest but a deal failed to materialise.

The Paraguay international has only played once for Roberto Mancini this season and now realises he must quit Eastlands.

He said: 'Competition for places is great and I'm working every day to try and convince the coach, but I'm still not getting picked. I'm not getting the playing time to convince anybody and my priority is to leave in the January transfer market.'

Santa Cruz has revealed that he doesn't believe City are good enough to win the Premier League.

Santa Cruz - who Mancini believes he cannot rely on to be consistently fit - said: "The coach has opted for certain players and on top of that his system plays with just one striker, so I have even fewer options.

'I am 29-years-old and still hope to fulfill my dream of living in Spain. I am not getting any playing time to convince anybody of my worth and my priority is to leave in the January transfer market.

'City's goal must be to be among the top four. We are below the level of those who will fight for the title. Chelsea look the strongest, most stable. Manchester United and Arsenal have great squads and will be up fighting for the title. We will have to play for fourth place, probably with Tottenham.'

Santa Cruz added that he believes his fellow South American Tevez is homesick.

He said: 'Your heart goes out to his family. He wants to be among his people, who are in Argentina. When you feel like your homeland is calling you back you could end up giving up everything to return. Still, I think that he will see it out and fulfill his contract at City before returning home.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324013/Fulham-Manchester-City-striker-Roque-Santa-Cruz.html?#ixzz13XWdRoN4

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324055/Lawrie-Sanchez-applies-Wales-job.html?

Former Fulham manager Lawrie Sanchez applies for Wales job

Lawrie Sanchez has his sights set on a double over England after applying for the Wales manager's job.

The former Northern Ireland boss, 51, masterminded their World Cup 2006 qualifying win and if he gets the Wales job he will be in charge for the Euro 2012 qualifier against Fabio Capello's side in Cardiff on March 26.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324055/Lawrie-Sanchez-applies-Wales-job.html?#ixzz13XX2pbOq

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/fulham's-davies-urges-schwarzer-stay-craven-cottage-1205661?

Fulham's Davies urges Schwarzer to stay at Craven Cottage

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies has urged goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer to remain at the club in January.

The Australian veteran has made it quite clear that he will pursue other opportunities if they happen to arise in the next transfer window but his teammate Davies feels he is too important a player for the Cottagers to let go of.

"I am sure they (the club) are speaking to Mark," Davies said.

"There is no doubting his ability and what he has done for the club. It is a no-brainer about trying to keep him, and I hope he stays."

Schwarzer was heavily linked with a dream move to Arsenal during the European summer but nothing eventuated. He is now hoping to get a transfer away from Fulham to a club involved in the Champions League so he can play at the top European level before his career ends.

WhiteJC

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/homesick-carlos-tevez-manchester-city

Manchester City kept focused on striker hunt by homesick Carlos Tevez
• Roque Santa Cruz believes Carlos Tevez is homesick
• Manchester City worried over his long-term future

Carlos Tevez's future at Manchester City is back under scrutiny amid a growing feeling behind the scenes at the club that he is not fully enjoying life in England and is homesick for Argentina.

Tevez has admitted recently that he is "not enjoying the life of a footballer" and it is becoming increasingly clear that his City colleagues are aware of his apparent disillusionment. Roque Santa Cruz, City's Paraguayan striker, said: "He wants to be among his people, who are in Argentina. Your heart goes out to his family. His siblings and his daughters are there ... when you feel that your homeland is calling you back, you could end up giving up everything to return. Still, I think he will see it out and fulfil his contract with City before returning home."

Tevez is contracted until 2014 but, if there is a desire on his part to return to Argentina, it is unlikely in the extreme that the club will wait until his deal has expired and he can leave for a free agent.

For now, however, the view from within the club is that they hope Tevez can find happiness from helping Roberto Mancini's team challenge for major honours and being in an environment where he knows he is thought of highly. With seven goals already this season, his performances have not indicated a player who does not want to be there, and Mancini made him the captain in the summer in a deliberate attempt to show him how important he is to the club.

However, Santa Cruz, speaking on the Spanish radio station Cadena Sur, believes City are still short of being in a position to harbour realistic ambitions of lifting the league trophy. "We are below the level of those who will fight for the title," he said. "Our goal must be to be among the top four. Chelsea look the strongest, the most stable. Manchester United and Arsenal have great squads and will end up fighting for the title and we will have to play for fourth, probably with Tottenham."

Santa Cruz went on to confirm that he wanted to leave City, having been marginalised under Mancini to the extent that the former Blackburn Rovers player is not even included in the club's Europa League squad list. "Unfortunately I'm not playing as I'd like. The club have invested heavily, competition for places is great and I'm working every day to try to convince the coach but I'm still not getting picked. The situation is very complicated, I wanted to think well of it, but I'm not getting the playing time to convince anybody and my priority is to leave in the January transfer market. The coach has opted for certain players and, on top of that, his system is to play with only one striker, so I have even fewer options."

Santa Cruz knows City will make bringing in a new striker in January a priority, principally to take the pressure off Tevez. The club had believed Wayne Rooney was willing to move across Manchester before his decision to sign a new five-year contract at Old Trafford last week and they will now turn their attention to trying to resurrect a move for Edin Dzeko, Wolfsburg's prolific Bosnian international.

City pulled out of a deal in the summer when Wolfsburg quoted an asking price approaching £50m the view from Eastlands being that the 24-year-old was worth closer to £30m and that the German club were being unreasonable in the negotiations because they thought – wrongly, as it turned out – that money would be no object to the men financing the richest club in English football.

WhiteJC

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_4887_club-focus-fulham-could-johnson-kick-start-cottagers’-season.html?

Club Focus - Fulham - Could Johnson kick-start Cottagers' season?
By Matt Domm

A combination of injuries to key players in midfield and attack, and those who are fit finding the transition from Roy Hodgson's style of football to Mark Hughes' more direct, attacking approach, has left Fulham struggling for points at the wrong end of the table.

In the early games, when Hughes had options in his squad for most positions, the Whites seemed to respond to their manager's approach with some decent results, both home and away. However with the defence slow to adapt and looking very leaky indeed, the loss of key personnel in the attacking areas has stopped the Cottagers in their tracks, and a creative forward unit is imperative for Hughes' style of play to be a success. Diomansy Kamara once again showed he does not have the composure nor the footballing brain for this level, and with Moussa Dembele limping for almost the entire 90 minutes in the last two games and the captain, Danny Murphy, unavailable for selection, the creating and finishing of chances has been non-existent of late.

Fortunately, a potential answer to one of the above problems is now available and needs only match fitness before he becomes a strong feature in Fulham's first team once more. Andy Johnson, who made his first appearance since January in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at West Brom, got through 45 minutes for the reserves yesterday afternoon, and managed an assist and a goal in that time. His goal in particular showed ability that the first team has been lacking in recent weeks. The England international pounced on a loose ball in the box, reacting first to smash home Fulham's second. Had Hughes' men had such a player with the awareness to turn half-chances into goals they would arguably be higher up the table – certainly they would have been 2-0 up against West Brom, and could well have put the Tottenham game beyond the hosts before the visitors' fortunate winner.

Johnson has shown only glimpses of his potential since arriving at the club in 2008 for big money, so both he and the fans will feel he has a point to prove, and the early sharpness he showed both after coming on at the weekend and in the reserve team run-out suggest he is up for the challenge. The goal he made on Tuesday again showed ability that could come in handy against most defences - this time pace. Latching on to a ball over the top, Johnson brushed off a defender and the goalkeeper to set up an open goal for his teammate, Rob Milson. Speed, both with his feet and his head, may well prove a vital asset when he becomes a regular starter in Hughes' line-up, as he surely must.

The manager himself has stated a returning Johnson will be like a new signing, and it really is just as well for the Welshman to have a player with such quality seemingly raring to go.

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/45883/Terry_What_has_been_said_is_very_unfair.aspx?

Terry: What has been said is very unfair

Chelsea captain John Terry has defended the physical approach of some of their Premier League opponents, suggesting all clubs must be "prepared for a scrap".

Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger have been outspoken in their criticisms of the overly robust approaches of the likes Wolves, Stoke City and Blackburn Rovers recently, but Terry suggests the aforementioned are well within their rights to try and unsettle the more aesthetically pleasing sides in the division.

The former England captain believes no side should feel a divine right to be able to simply impose their brand of football on another, and the Chelsea defender indicated the Premier League's appeal was partly down to the fact that no club were guaranteed an easy ride.

The Chelsea stalwart told the Sun: "What has been said about teams like Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke is very unfair,
"We can't expect to go to Ewood Park and pick up three points just because we're Chelsea Football Club.

"First and foremost we've got to go there and have a fight with them. We have to be prepared for a scrap."

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/845296-jay-bothroyd-attracting-interest-from-liverpool-and-fulham?

Jay Bothroyd 'attracting interest from Liverpool and Fulham'
Fulham and Liverpool are among the Premier League clubs maintaining a close interest in Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd.

The former Arsenal youngster (pictured) has netted four times in his last three matches to take his tally to 11 for the season.

That includes two in Monday's 4-0 win at Leeds which put the Bluebirds joint top of the Championship.

And his excellent form has inevitably alerted a number of top-flight clubs, with striker-light Liverpool currently thought to be leading the chase.

However, manager Roy Hodgson - who is said to be preparing a January bid - could face competition from his old club Fulham, who are also keen to add Bothroyd as another option up front.

The Cottagers are still without Andy Johnson, who has been out for around nine months and is only now returning to training, as well as England man Bobby Zamora, who broke his leg earlier this month.

Premier League newcomers Newcastle are also thought to be keeping tabs on the Bluebirds star.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/845296-jay-bothroyd-attracting-interest-from-liverpool-and-fulham?#ixzz13YT1IM47

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/PAYP.aspx?

Positive Attitude

Fulham Football Club players Jonathan Greening and Zoltan Gera made a surprise visit to young people from Hammersmith and Fulham after training on Monday. The 40 young students were taking part in the Positive Attitude for Young People (PAYP) scheme at the Henry Compton School in Fulham during the half-term week.

PAYP is a Hammersmith & Fulham borough project which provides young people with positive activities during school holidays. These young people have been recommended by their school to try to assist pupils in reaching a satisfactory level with their tuition.

Funded by the London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham Youth Commissioning Department and delivered by the FFC Foundation, this innovative scheme has added value to the Foundation's existing education programmes which includes the highly successful Enterprise project, launched last year.

During the Monday session and throughout the week long scheme, pupils will work on a variety of exercises taken from Enterprise modules helping to improve their business, literacy and numeracy skills using football as a medium to learn. Sessions will focus on what is a business, objectives and roles, customers, products and services, advertising, customer service and complaints.

Zoltan and Jonathan were happy to lend their support during the afternoon as part of the Fulham Football Club Foundation's commitment in helping to build better lives through sport by offering opportunities for life-long learning through innovative pathways which is precisely what PAYP aims to do.

Fulham FC's Ambassador for Education, Jonathan Greening, said:

"It's fantastic to see the Club, through its Fulham FC Foundation, offering opportunities like PAYP during the school holidays. The groundwork for providing a learning environment is readily available and I have been encouraged to see that many of the local young people have been using their time here wisely, have taken ownership and become more responsible for their education which will certainly be beneficial to them when they return to school."

Steven Day, Chief Executive of the Fulham FC Foundation, added:

"PAYP is an innovative education scheme which provides extra-curricular opportunities for students during the school holiday period. I am delighted that the Foundation, working closely with the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, is able to deliver this project in addition to our existing programmes, to help shape the lives of local young people and motivate and inspire them to make the right choices when making education and career decisions."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/PAYP.aspx?#ixzz13YTX26t6

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/WeekendTravelUpdateWigan.aspx?

Wigan Travel Update

Supporters planning on attending this Saturday's sold out encounter against Wigan Athletic at Craven Cottage should note that London Underground maintenance works could affect their travel time.

There will be no service on the entire Circle Line due to track replacement work.

On the District Line between Barking and Embankment (westbound) there will be no service due to track replacement work.

It is recommended that supporters using the tube allow extra time for their journey. For more information, please check the Transport for London website.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/WeekendTravelUpdateWigan.aspx?#ixzz13YounoCX

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/45906/Im_not_getting_playing_time__my_intention_is_to_leave.aspx?

"I'm not getting playing time & my intention is to leave"

Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has confirmed his desire to leave Eastlands in the January transfer window, and although a number of Premier League clubs are believed to be amongst the Paraguayan's suitors, the 29-year-old admits his dream is to play in Spain.

The ex-Bayern Munich star has been linked with Fulham and Aston Villa in recent weeks, with Mark Hughes believed to be particularly keen on resigning a player he brought to Blackburn Rovers and then Manchester City, and with Roberto Mancini blessed with a host of top quality forwards, Santa Cruz is likely to be granted his leave at the turn of the year.

The former Blackburn Rovers forward has had to contend with a peripheral role at Manchester City since Mark Hughes' departure from the club, and although he has been endeavouring to impress Mancini in training, the towering striker suggests he is fighting a losing battle.

Santa Cruz is quoted by the Times, saying: "I'm not getting playing time here and my intention is to leave City in the January transfer window and it could be for the Spanish league,
"The club [City] has invested heavily, competition for places is great and I'm working to try and convince the coach but I'm still not getting picked.

"I wanted to think well of it, but I'm not getting the playing time to convince anybody.

"The coach has opted for certain players and on top of that his system plays with just one striker, so I have even fewer options."

During the summer Fulham and Aston Villa were believed to have made enquiries about the player but a deal was not forthcoming, and the striker, capped 75 times by Paraguay, was also reportedly close to joining Lazio in August.

WhiteJC

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/10/27/are-fulham-pinning-too-much-hope-on-andy-johnsons-long-awaited/?

Are Fulham Pinning Too Much Hope on Andy Johnson's Return?

it's hardly surprising that Fulham have been trumpeting the long-awaited return of Andy Johnson from injury for some time.

The former Crystal Palace and Birmingham striker cost the Cottagers £10.5m when he was recruited from Everton in July 2008, a flagship singing who was supposed to announce Fulham's transition from relegation contenders to top-ten regulars.

Johnson was billed as the player the fans would flock to see at Craven Cottage - a forward who could carry the Fulham flag into the England set-up.

But it is fair to say Johnson's career at Fulham never really took off to the extent previous manager Roy Hodgson was hoping for.

A return of 10 goals in his first season was distinctly average, especially as he played in 36 games. Even so, that was far from disastrous and Johnson was able to reflect on what was an excellent season for the Whites with a top seven finish.

No doubt he would have relished the prospect of the following season's Europa League campaign and the chance to face some of the best teams in Europe, especially with confidence within the club running at an all-time high.

WhiteJC

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218720

Meet The Ref - Fulham v Latics - Martin Atkinson

Wigan Athletic travel to London on Saturday to face Fulham at Craven Cottage hoping to build on the run of just one defeat in ten games and also defend our unbeaten away record, so who will be the man in the middle charged with keeping the football flowing and protecting the Latics players, Martin Atkinson that`s who.

Bradford born Atkinson started refereeing at the age of 16 and by 34 he had made his Premier League debut when on the 20th April 2005 he took charge of the Manchester City Vs Birmingham City game.

Atkinson is now a top notch ref and recently took charge of the Champions League game between Bayern Munich and CFR Cluj.

In a recent interview with refworld.com (yes I know) Atkinson cites the Liverpool v Arsenal Carling Cup tie as the best game he`s been involved in, the score finished 3-6 in Arsenals favour and it was a nine goal thriller.

Below is an excerpt from the interview:

How did you get introduced into refereeing?

Started refereeing at the age of 16 due to the local team not having a Referee to officiate games. I therefore took the FA Referees instruction course in order to make myself available. I was encouraged by a local Referee who assisted me at the start of my career.

What has been the highlight of your career so far?

There have been numerous highlights in my career to date including promotion onto the National List of Referees, promotion onto the Select Group of Referees. The highlights of my career was the appointment to the FIFA international list and refereeing The 2006 FA Community Shield at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.

What is the best game you have officiated and why?

Best game involved in was the Liverpool v Arsenal re-arranged Carling Cup tie a couple of years back. I had to postpone the first game due to fog, then the re-arranged game produced nine goals in a 3-6 win for Arsenal. This was an end-to-end game of cup football and a pleasure to be involved in as a Referee.

Card Watch:

Games - 9, yellow cards - 33, red cards - 3.

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218720#ixzz13ZGj8w8e

Lighthouse

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 27, 2010, 01:56:36 PM
http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/10/27/are-fulham-pinning-too-much-hope-on-andy-johnsons-long-awaited/?

Are Fulham Pinning Too Much Hope on Andy Johnson's Return?

it's hardly surprising that Fulham have been trumpeting the long-awaited return of Andy Johnson from injury for some time.

The former Crystal Palace and Birmingham striker cost the Cottagers £10.5m when he was recruited from Everton in July 2008, a flagship singing who was supposed to announce Fulham's transition from relegation contenders to top-ten regulars.

Johnson was billed as the player the fans would flock to see at Craven Cottage - a forward who could carry the Fulham flag into the England set-up.

But it is fair to say Johnson's career at Fulham never really took off to the extent previous manager Roy Hodgson was hoping for.

A return of 10 goals in his first season was distinctly average, especially as he played in 36 games. Even so, that was far from disastrous and Johnson was able to reflect on what was an excellent season for the Whites with a top seven finish.

No doubt he would have relished the prospect of the following season's Europa League campaign and the chance to face some of the best teams in Europe, especially with confidence within the club running at an all-time high.

No we are not pinning too much hope on AJs return. Nor are the club trumpeting his return just informing fans that he is fit enough to start on the bench last week.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope