News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...Sounds lke something rather Extraordinary in Leeds Vs Villa match today...

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 28, 2019, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8956981/leeds-aston-villa-allow-goal-fight-bielsa-terry/

I am a bit dozy and trying to make sense of it, but looks like Biesla ordered his team to let Villa score, and nearly had a fight with John Terry (Yay !), And has thrown away Leeds chance of automatic promotion...

Or something

Rather Extraordinary Brian

WindyCity

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 28, 2019, 03:52:11 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8956981/leeds-aston-villa-allow-goal-fight-bielsa-terry/

I am a bit dozy and trying to make sense of it, but looks like Biesla ordered his team to let Villa score, and nearly had a fight with John Terry (Yay !), And has thrown away Leeds chance of automatic promotion...

Or something

Rather Extraordinary Brian

Wow, that's crazy.  Never heard of a gifted goal.  Also made even less sense since auto-promo was knocked out the door.

Scratches head......

gang

sarnian

Nothing strange. Leeds could only go up if they won their last 2 games 5-0 and Sheff Utd lost their last 5 - 0.

When Villa were on the attack they kicked the ball into touch because a Leeds man was injured.  Later when a Villa man was injured Leeds looked to kick the ball into touch only to suddenly start playing on again and scoring which started a mass brawl.

Hate Leeds but congratulation to their manager for then letting Villa equalise.

Jimsbeerbelly

Leeds couldn't have got auto's anyway, they were locked in 3rd, and would have had to won their last game by 13 odd goals or something, and Sheff Utd to lose. The result meant nothing to either side really, and it was more sportsmanship by Bielsa

bobbo

I saw it all , quite extraordinary , never seen anything like it before the referee handled it as well as he could but was misinformed by his Lino .
I really hope the red card gets recinded and bamford get some sort of punishment for faking.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6968967/Chaos-brawl-breaks-controversial-Leeds-opener.html

DM has videos covering most of it. The initial goal was Very Cheeky, it did look like they were about to knock it off the pitch, then he sends the guy down the wing, haha.

Statto

Sums up everything that is good and bad about the Championship. Such a chaotic, unpredictable, dog-eat-dog rat race. If you had players who could be trusted not to dive and waste time, and refs who could be relied on to pause the game when someone is seriously hurt, everyone would play to the whistle and this wouldn't happen.

Burt

Bit of that yesterday when Rico cleared the ball out as one of ours was injured, and when play resumed Cardiff didn't return the ball. What if they had scored from that...? Controversial, and I doubt Colin would have instructed his team to let us have a goal back!

Carborundum

A big centre back who absolutely hates conceding goals is just what we need.  Sign Pontus Jansson please.

Woolly Mammoth

Uncompromising take no prisoners tall physicall Centre Back is what is needed who will let you know he is on the pitch scraping for every ball, and Pontus Jansson fits that bill.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

I saw it all , quite extraordinary , never seen anything like it before the referee handled it as well as he could but was misinformed by his Lino .
I really hope the red card gets recinded and bamford get some sort of punishment for faking.

Plus 1 from me!

Andy S

I think if a player is down injured it is down to the referee to blow up. It is not down to a player to kick the ball out for a throw or not and expect to get it back. I think the Leeds goal should have stood and then they should have defended it properly. Everyone on the pitch has a duty to try and win fairly