watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EFL Clubs approve split approach to transfer window

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 02, 2019, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

EFL Clubs have today confirmed their backing for a revised approach to the closure of the summer transfer window in voting through proposals that will introduce different transfer deadlines for Clubs in the Championship, and those in League One and League Two.

Consultation with Clubs has been ongoing in recent weeks and months, with Clubs giving indicative support ahead of a formal vote at an Extraordinary General Meeting, held earlier today.

The amendments to the Regulations mean the following:

• The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations closes at 5pm on the Thursday prior to the commencement of the Premier League season.

• A deadline of 31 August for League One and League Two Clubs for all permanent and loan registrations, thereby providing increased flexibility in relation to trading between Clubs in those two divisions.

EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: "I'm pleased that the matter has been determined and thereby ensuring Clubs have sufficient time to prepare ahead of the summer transfer window opening in June. It is right that Clubs were given the opportunity to determine the direction of travel in order to come to a decision that benefited their own individual transfer policies."

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/efl-clubs-approve-split-approach-to-transfer-window

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Riversider

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Championship window to close a couple of weeks after The Premier League window closes, thereby giving The Premier League Clubs the opportunity to move players on (either by loan or sale) that havent made their 25 man squad !

deadcowboys

Quote from: Riversider on May 02, 2019, 11:51:23 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for the Championship window to close a couple of weeks after The Premier League window closes, thereby giving The Premier League Clubs the opportunity to move players on (either by loan or sale) that havent made their 25 man squad !

Yes indeed it would which is no doubt why they didn't adopt that position. 

..FOF..

Quote from: deadcowboys on May 03, 2019, 12:07:05 AM

Yes indeed it would which is no doubt why they didn't adopt that position. 

Too funny.

fulhamben

not for me, that just makes it easier for clubs to horde players. Make the players think harder about their careers and who they move to.  Dont give them a safety net of we can always loan you out to a championship club after the window has shut
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MikeTheCubed

Hopefully what signings we do make will be completed early in the window so the incoming players can be given a proper pre season. Our early relegation has provided us with extra time to identify appropriate Championship targets as well.

Lighthouse

Not sure the early transfer window makes a difference. Clubs and agents still pontificate and take forever to finalise a deal. If the Window was only a few weeks it would concentrate their minds a bit more. As far as Fulham are concerned we usually don't need to look until a few minutes after window closes to read about all the players that nearly came but didn't.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

It is a welcome change to the summer transfer window and should focus minds in the upper echelons.  It will also give the lower league tiers an opportunity to boost the quality of first team starters as Championship and PL teams offer opportunities to younger players and those considered surplus to requirements over the extended period.

There is, however, an apparent debacle over playoff regimes affecting eighth tier clubs and below where the FA has a 'temporary change in place for this and next season' which means some playoff winners will not quality for automatic promotion if they have the lowest points per game record in their division (i.e. they occupied the lowest qualifying playoff position).   The FA argument is that it allows greater time for clubs to transition between the leagues, which seems to be arguing against having the lowest qualifiers in the playoff system altogether.  I guess that is the way the FA works – put a system in place and then bend the rules when and if it doesn't operate quite as they see fit!     

SG

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 03, 2019, 10:23:20 AM
Hopefully what signings we do make will be completed early in the window so the incoming players can be given a proper pre season.

If only -  064.gif 064.gif

I Ronic

Just asking but do there need to be transfer windows?

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: SG on May 03, 2019, 02:02:53 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 03, 2019, 10:23:20 AM
Hopefully what signings we do make will be completed early in the window so the incoming players can be given a proper pre season.

If only -  064.gif 064.gif

Of course I fully expect us to sign 6 injury prone Transylvanian wingers on deadline day.

Sting of the North

Quote from: I Ronic on May 03, 2019, 02:24:01 PM
Just asking but do there need to be transfer windows?

I am pretty sure the competitive side of the sport would go completely down the drain if the big clubs could just destroy every successful lesser club even outside the transfer windows, especially towards the later parts of the season. It is bad enough with the January window (which I also do see the benefit of, but it would be nice if the team that starts the season also finishes it). In Sweden the season goes from April-November. You may imagine how disruptive the summer transfer windows are to our league. A successful club may lose its 3 best players mid-season.