more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (03/05/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 03, 2019, 07:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Inside Molineux

Wolves fan Steve Plant reviews a fine season for Wolves, and is expecting an attacking game from both sides on Saturday.

Sitting seventh, has this season exceeded your expectations?

If I am totally honest, survival was the main aim this season, although I had hoped for a top-half finish with a decent cup run. Being seconds away from a FA Cup Final was hard to stomach at first but, with hindsight, what a season we have had!

How far do you think this team can go in the future?

This team, with extra quality additions rumoured to be joining in the summer, can get a top-six finish within the next two seasons without a doubt. The main man we need to keep at the club being the manager. The football we have been watching over the last two seasons is easily the best since the days of Mike Bailey, Kenny Hibbitt, John Richards and co back in the 1970s.

Who have been your standout performers this season?

You could make a case for at least five for the player of the season, but the three outstanding  performers for me have been Raul Jimenez, Diogo Jota, and Joao Moutinho, who is quite simply the best footballer I have ever seen wear the Old Gold and Black.

What style of play can we expect from Wolves on Saturday?

Wolves will play an attacking style, with the wing-backs bombing forward and Diego Jota and Raul Jimenez constantly on the move.

Which Fulham players do you think could cause you problems?

Aleksandar Mitrović is the main dangerman for me. When he is in the mood he is very difficult to stop.

Do any Wolves-Fulham fixtures from the past stand out in your memory?

There have been some decent games between the sides over the years, but the most memorable one for me is the 4-4 draw in December 2016. It was a cracking game of football with an equaliser right at the end. Another one like that on Saturday will do nicely.

What's the best thing about a trip to Molineux?

The best thing about a trip to Molineux is the atmosphere. Many teams have commented on it this season, and Wolves have probably been the best both home and away.

Where can away fans go for a pre-match pint?

There are a lot of excellent pubs in Wolverhampton but the vast majority don't allow away fans. The Bluebrick by the station is the allocated pub for Fulham fans.

What sort of game are you expecting?

With Fulham now playing the best football of their season I think it could well be a very entertaining open game with a lot of counter attacking from both sides. There could end up being plenty of goals.

What score prediction are you going for?

I've got to go for a Wolves win, so my prediction is 3-1.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/02/inside-molineux

WhiteJC

Summer Holiday Soccer Schools

Fulham FC Foundation's Summer Holiday Soccer Schools are now on sale.

Our soccer schools are running throughout the summer school holidays, starting on the Monday 8th July.

Our flagship soccer school is running at Fulham FC's Training Ground in Motspur Park, where young players can play in our world class indoor dome, next to Fulham's First Team professionals, while our Bishop's Park Soccer School is being hosted right next to our Craven Cottage stadium.

This summer we've also got Soccer Schools running at the brand new Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking, and at Burntwood School in Earlsfield.

Our soccer schools are a combination of skills development for the players, fun activities, getting to know other young people and making friends, and of course, lots of matches for the players.

All our Soccer Schools run from 9am to 3pm, with shorter days for children aged 3 to 5.

Prices start from £16 for children aged 3 to 5, and from £22 per day for children over the age of 5.

You can book your child for single days, on a weekly basis, or for the whole summer!

To book please visit www.fulhamsoccerschools.com

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/02/summer-holiday-soccer-schools

WhiteJC

How Wolverhampton Wanderers could line up against Fulham

Wolverhampton Wanderers host Fulham on Saturday as both teams prepare for their penultimate game of the Premier League season.

Nuno Espirito Santo's side are within touching distance of a Europa League spot for next season and will be looking to take all three points as they hope to keep distance between themselves and eighth-placed Leicester City.

The Cottagers have already been relegated to the Championship, although a recent resurgence has seen them win three games in a row without conceding a goal.

Here, Sports Mole takes a look at how Wolves could line up when they face Fulham at Molineux on Saturday.

Out: None
Doubtful: None

With no injury concerns or suspensions to deal with, it is likely that Wolves will stick with the same squad which convincingly beat Arsenal and Watford recently.

Conor Coady has been solid this season, having featured in all 36 league games. Matt Doherty also shares this feat, and he has been instrumental as the attacking full-back this term, providing a mix of defensive and offensive capabilities.

Wolves' midfield has also impressed this season, led by Joao Moutinho. The Portuguese midfielder has proved to be a bargain buy from Monaco, while compatriot Ruben Neves has continued his progress, providing the diverse passing range needed for their build-up play.

Diogo Jota has been in good form, having scored in both of his last two games. Meanwhile, strike partner Raul Jimenez has been Nuno's chief attacking option this season with 13 goals - a record for a Wolves player in a single Premier League season.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/wolves/feature/how-wolves-could-line-up-against-fulham_357990.html

WhiteJC

Odoi Update

Scott Parker will be without the services of Denis Odoi when Fulham travel to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

The defender took a whack from teammate Maxime Le Marchand early on in last week's win over Cardiff City, and will sit out the trip to Molineux as part of the concussion protocol.

"The only one [missing] is Denis who had a concussion from the weekend," Parker stated. "He's on a protocol now to try and get back for our last game of the season [against Newcastle United].

"I saw him faceplant and he did look a bit unconscious with the way he fell, but the medical team were superb, they were straight onto it to stabilise him and get him off.

"He's all good now, he's fine. His wife had a baby as well the other day so that's probably given him more of a headache than the concussion!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/02/denis-odoi-update

WhiteJC

Denis Odoi: Fulham defender out of Wolves game with concussion

Odoi was given oxygen on the pitch before being stretchered off

Denis Odoi will miss Fulham's visit to Wolves after sustaining a concussion against Cardiff last weekend.

The defender, 30, was accidentally kicked in the head by team-mate Maxime Le Marchand in the Cottagers' 1-0 win over Neil Warnock's side on Saturday.

He was given treatment on the pitch before being taken off on a stretcher off following the first-half collision.

Manager Scott Parker said Odoi would hopefully return for the final game of the season against Newcastle on 12 May.

"He's on a protocol now to try and get back for our last game of the season," said Parker.

"I saw him faceplant and he did look a bit unconscious with the way he fell, but the medical team were superb, they were straight onto it to stabilise him and get him off.

"He's all good now, he's fine. His wife had a baby as well the other day so that's probably given him more of a headache than the concussion."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48138911

WhiteJC

Scott Parker says Fulham must make quick decision on new boss
"It's time for us to move forward - whether that's me leading this team, and trying to get back into Premier League, or someone else"

Scott Parker says Fulham must make a quick decision on who is the right man to spearhead the club's return to the Premier League.

Parker is caretaker boss at Craven Cottage and has won three matches in a row since Fulham's relegation to the Sky Bet Championship was confirmed last month.

The 38-year-old has been in temporary charge since stepping up from his role as first-team coach when Claudio Ranieri was sacked in February.

Scott Parker has been in charge of Fulham since Claudio Ranieri was sacked

Ahead of Saturday's trip to face Wolves, when asked if he was still enjoying being at the helm, Parker said: "I have loved every minute of it since I have been in this position.

"Now we are three or four weeks from being relegated it's time for us to move things forward, however we can. Whether that's me leading this team, and trying to get back into Premier League, or someone else.

"I want to become a top manager - that is my ambition. I am hoping that at this present moment in time it is at this football club.

"Preparing and building this team to try and get us back into this division. But at the same time it is out of my control."

Denis Odoi will miss the trip to Wolves after suffering a head injury

Parker will be without Denis Odoi against Wolves after the defender suffered a head injury in the 1-0 win over Cardiff last weekend.

Odoi, who was knocked out following a collision with team-mate Maxime Le Merchand and stretchered off the pitch at Craven Cottage, misses out due to concussion protocol.

Denis Odoi was stretchered off against Cardiff

Parker confirmed the club are carefully managing his return to action.

"The only one (missing) is Denis who had a concussion from the weekend. He's on a protocol now to try and get back for our last game of the season," he added.

"I saw him face plant (into the pitch) and he did look a bit unconscious with the way he fell. But the medical team were superb, they were straight onto it to stabilise him and get him off. He is all good now, he is fine."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11709498/scott-parker-says-fulham-must-make-quick-decision-on-new-boss

WhiteJC

Jimenez wants to end on Molineux high

Raul Jimenez is determined to give Wolves supporters one more opportunity to celebrate at Molineux this season when the curtains draws against Fulham on Saturday.

Wolves have enjoyed some memorable occasions on home soil this term, but play their 19th and final Premier League home game of the season against the Cottagers. Victory would be a huge stride towards securing seventh spot, but against in-form Fulham, who have won their last three since relegation was confirmed, Jimenez knows a tough challenge awaits.

On Fulham's test

"We know that they don't have anything to lose, they are going to play free so it's very important for us to stay focused, to keep doing good things in the pitch and stay concentrated, every one of us know what we have to do. It's the last game of the season at home so we have to give the supporters another happy day."

On the Watford momentum

"It was very important for us because some people think that it was revenge for the FA Cup, but we were thinking before the match that it was a very good opportunity to take more advantage for 7th place so we were thinking of that. Now this weekend we have the opportunity to, if we win the game, be closer to the Europa League."

On enjoying more minutes at Wolves

"It was very good in terms of minutes played because the three years I was at Benfica, I was starting, then got some injuries and when I returned the strikers were scoring goals so it was difficult to get in the starting eleven again, but when I come to the pitch as a substite I always try to make my best with some assists.

"This year I think in terms of playing, in terms of goals it was my first year here in Europe and I just want to say thanks to all the people here in Wolverhampton that make me feel at home, and the coach, my teammates and all the staff that are always with you, this season was amazing."

On welcoming Sin Cara

"When I was younger I saw him in Mexico, his name was different because in Mexico he was Mystico, then he went to the WWE in the United States he had to change his name and I always followed him. Another player sometimes celebrates with his mask that he used to use in Mexico, so I followed him.

"I always knew who he was in Mexico, who he is in the United States, and one time I used the mask to celebrate in the cup final in Portugal and we've kept in contact. We started a friendship, so it's very important for us to have him at the game on the weekend and I hope we can make a good match and I hope I can score."

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20190502-jimenez-wants-to-end-on-molineux-high/

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon wants Tottenham move this summer as Fulham prepare to demand £35m for the teenage sensation

Ryan Sessegnon has expressed a desire to join Tottenham in the summer
    He has caught the eye of PSG and Juventus but would rather stay in London
    He is aware that Mauricio Pochettino has a record of developing English players
    Aston Villa star Jack Grealish is another player on Pochettino's list of targets
    Fulham are also expecting interest in Jean Michael Seri and Aleksandar Mitrovic

Ryan Sessegnon has set his sights on joining Tottenham this summer.

The 18-year-old has interest from Paris St Germain and Juventus but wants to stay in the Premier League and Tottenham is his preferred destination.

Sessegnon, who turns 19 later this month, has one year left on contract though Fulham are still expected to demand around £35million.

Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon has expressed a desire to join Tottenham in the summer

Despite Fulham's poor campaign, Sessegnon has continued to impress. The teenager has made 35 appearances in all competitions so far this season, contributing two goals and six assists.

Mauricio Pochettino has been an admirer of the versatile teenager for over 18 months and Tottenham are poised to make their move once the window opens.

Sessegnon wants to continue living in west London and is fully aware that manager Mauricio Pochettino has a fine track record of developing young English players.

The teenager has caught the eye of PSG and Juventus but would rather stay in London

He is aware that Mauricio Pochettino has a fine record of developing English players

Pochettino wants around five additions while Tottenham are also likely to add a couple of younger players for their development squad.

Porto defender Diogo Quieros, 20, is among the players on their radar. Aston Villa's Jack Grealish, Barcelona's Andre Gomes and Nice right-back Youcef Atal have also been discussed.

Sessegnon is not the only Fulham player seeking a move away from Craven Cottage, with Jean Michael Seri being targeted by Monaco.

he 27-year-old was one of the most sought-after playmakers last summer and joined Fulham in surprise bargain £25million deal from Nice with team-mate Maxime Le Marchand.

Though he has shown glimpses of the quality he possesses, Seri has had a largely unimpressive campaign in a struggling Fulham side and was unable to prevent them being relegated from the Premier League.

Fulham are also braced for a number of offers for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Fulham are also expecting to field bids for Jean Michael Seri and Aleksandar Mitrovic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6986161/Ryan-Sessegnon-wants-Tottenham-Fulham-prepare-demand-35m-teenage-sensation.html

WhiteJC

Lawro's Premier League predictions v golfer Tommy Fleetwood

Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez could help decide the destiny of this year's title when his Newcastle side host the Reds on Saturday night.

Liverpool need to win to keep the pressure on leaders Manchester City, but BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson does not think Benitez will do his old team any favours at St James' Park.

"I know some people are saying Rafa could lie down against Liverpool, but he just does not do that kind of thing," Lawrenson said.

"He is the kind of fella who will think 'I am going to show them what they are missing'. That will be his outlook, definitely."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This week he is up against golfer Tommy Fleetwood, who is hosting the British Masters next week at the Hillside club in his home town of Southport.

"Being from Southport, you are either Red or Blue, and support Liverpool or Everton," Fleetwood said. "I was much more drawn to Everton, which I am happy about!

"So, I have been an Everton fan all my life, and that is the way it has stuck. We have not had much success over the years, but I love the club, the fans and the atmosphere - and how up and down we are.

"It has been a lot like that again this year but you can see the team starting to bed in under Marco Silva.

"It was always going to take time but football is so fickle these days because you always seem to be two or three games away from being the best manager in the league, or getting the sack."

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS
Wolves v Fulham

Fulham keep on winning, and keep on keeping clean sheets too. It has obviously come too late to keep them up, but their recent results should mean caretaker-boss Scott Parker gets the job permanently.

I think the Cottagers' run ends on Saturday, though. Wolves have had an extremely impressive campaign and they should sign off with a win in their final home game. They deserve a fantastic send-off.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tommy's prediction: 4-0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48121737

WhiteJC

Tottenham dodged a bullet with £25 million flop seeking Premier League exit

Photo by Alex Davidson/Getty Images

Fulham midfielder Jean Michael Seri is wanted by AS Monaco, according to The Daily Mail.

The Ivorian has had a really disappointing season down at Craven Cottage much to the frustration of the supporters, who couldn't believe their luck after the club signed him from Nice for £25 million last summer.

There was plenty of interest in him before his move and legendary Barcelona midfielder Xavi even claimed he had 'Barca DNA' (Le Parisien, quoted by FourFourTwo).

He had been tipped to help guide Fulham to safety in their first season back in the Premier League, but the Cottagers will be heading straight back to the Championship with Seri one of the biggest disppointments.

The Mail claim Seri is already seeking an end to his English football nightmare.

TBR's view

Another team that were keen on signing Seri before his shock Fulham move was Tottenham Hotspur.

The midfielder himself told The Times that Spurs were interested, but he chose Fulham because they showed him the most respect.

Given the situation now, Spurs will surely be glad they didn't show 'enough' respect.

The Lilywhites, who were also linked with Seri in the summer of 2017 (The Daily Mail), have instead seen the renaissance of Moussa Sissoko, with Harry Winks also making an excellent contribution.

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-dodged-a-bullet-with-25-million-flop-seeking-premier-league-exit/

WhiteJC

Sessegnon wants to join Tottenham in summer

Fulham attacker Ryan Sessegnon wants to join Tottenham in the summer transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper claims that Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain are interested in the 18-year-old wonderkid, but he has "set his sights" on signing for Spurs once the transfer window opens.

It is understood that Fulham will demand £35million for Sessegnon, who will soon enter the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage.

Good move for Tottenham?

Sessegnon is someone who has been linked with joining Spurs for a long time and it finally seems as though Mauricio Pochettino is going to land the England Under-21 international in the upcoming summer transfer window.

The Fulham winger has bags of potential and even though he has struggled at times this season, that could be said about basically everyone who plays for the Cottagers, who have already been relegated from the Premier League.

Sessegnon is someone who regularly scores and supplies goals though having been involved in 32 goals across all competitions in the last two seasons.

The young attacker would be a top addition in North London, even if it does mean that Daniel Levy will have to splash out £35million.

This is Futbol rating 9/10

Likely to happen?

The Daily Mail reports that Sessegnon wants to stay in the Premier League, he wants to sign for Tottenham and Tottenham want to sign him.

Fulham's asking fee is a fair one when you consider the amount of potential that Sessegnon has and Spurs have been linked with him for a very long time now.

It will be a shock if this does not happen in the summer, but knowing Levy, he will wait it out for the best possible deal and that could come back to haunt Tottenham if they are not careful.

This is Futbol rating 7/10

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/sessegnon-wants-to-join-tottenham-in-summer/