watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back passes

Started by Dodgin, May 04, 2019, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

We in it still but frustrating to watch just wish we would get the ball forward a bit quicker.

Luka

Zambo slows everything down.......hopeless case.

Arthur

It wouldn't surprise me if yesterday's game saw a new P.L. record for the number of backwards passes by one team in 90 minutes.

We had 60% possession and yet Wolves had three-times as many shots as us (both on and off target).

I enjoy possession-based football when I can see we are searching for ways to break down our opponents and create goal-scoring opportunities. But passing the ball in-and-around our own half of the field without any purposeful attacking intent does not make for entertainment in my book.

If we had been in desperate need of one point, I could have understood why SP would plump for such an approach. But we weren't. And it wasn't how I expected - less still, hoped - we'd play yesterday.

filham

I really thought the  continual back and sideways  passing in our own third had left with Jocanovic and that Parker was looking more for the quick forward ball.

It is boring and the opposition are quite comfortable with it as it gives them time to organise and then just wait for it to break down.