watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

shame

Started by ALG01, May 04, 2019, 05:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

a bit unlucky today but anguisa and bable were so poor it looked like they had never payed football in their lives.
for the goal anguisa showed all the lack of application that makes him an inconsistent waste of space.
he will be  a disaster next seasonvif we are foolish enough to keep him.
two or three slightly better better games, in the words of the song, don't impress me much.

sess occasionally looked good, TC when he drifted central also looked good but out left he is to away from the main play.

in the end our players are not anywhere near good enough.

bryan had a stormer today, maybe I misjudged the boy.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not just because of the score, but we were poor today, back to the performances of most of this season.
I appreciate we were playing for 0-0 but....
Gave the ball away countless times, especially around our penalty area.
Rico not coming for crosses
Mitro, absolutely no support and only received one good pass.
No one really interested except TC, Chambers and Bryan.

Tacis not too bad for the hoped for result but.         zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sting of the North

So now Zambo's back to being a waste of space. Have been a rough couple of weeks with confusing almost balanced posts on him, feels good that we are back to the pitch black views again.

Woolly Mammoth

We had two or three passengers today, and it showed, and we paid the price. Certain players let us down with their application which is disappointing, but nice to see Harvey make an an appearance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Sorry but it's the same old same old. Not singling anyone out because it is a team thing that has been present all season, even in the last 3 we won.
Not tracking runners, unaware of who is around you in the box.
These are basics and I really find it difficult that professionals still cannot address it.
But hey ho, one more game and one of the worst seasons we have had is over.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

grandad

With all their talent Wolves were a disgrace with their constant cheating. Jota was the worse culprit. Their manager & coaches were right out of the Warnock book of intimidating the 4th official. Not how I would like my team to behave.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 04, 2019, 05:33:04 PM
So now Zambo's back to being a waste of space. Have been a rough couple of weeks with confusing almost balanced posts on him, feels good that we are back to the pitch black views again.

0001.jpeg :005:

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 04, 2019, 05:37:33 PM
We had two or three passengers today, and it showed, and we paid the price. Certain players let us down with their application which is disappointing, but nice to see Harvey make an an appearance.
I watched him come onto the pitch, did he actually touch the ball?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

Quote from: Statto on May 04, 2019, 06:33:21 PM

I say what I see.
He was very poor and resembled the bulk of his season

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on May 04, 2019, 06:45:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 04, 2019, 05:37:33 PM
I watched him come onto the pitch, did he actually touch the ball?

Only when it was upside down, so it does not count I am to understand ⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on May 04, 2019, 07:14:07 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 04, 2019, 06:33:21 PM

I say what I see.
He was very poor and resembled the bulk of his season

He does not appear committed, and he looks like a little boy lost. I am not impressed at all with his contribution since he turned up.

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

I thought Mitro was pretty much a passenger today. He didn't run much. Guess he's tired of no service.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AnOldBrownie

I know right? Three wins in a row all forgotten because of a 1-0 loss to a Wolves side that beat top 6 sides this season.

It's never as dire or as positive as some paint situations...regardless of them calling them like they see them.

Anguissa is definitely good enough for next season.

The team already has to figure out how to replace Chambers and a backup #10 after Seri leaves.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

ALG01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 04, 2019, 10:30:43 PM
I know right? Three wins in a row all forgotten because of a 1-0 loss to a Wolves side that beat top 6 sides this season.

It's never as dire or as positive as some paint situations...regardless of them calling them like they see them.

Anguissa is definitely good enough for next season.

The team already has to figure out how to replace Chambers and a backup #10 after Seri leaves.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Anguisa was a liability most of the season and again today, all game, that was typical. A couple of better games does not make him good enough. The error is to think the three wins m3ant more than they did. Today, jhe lost possesion and misplaced his passes due to being way to casual. But his biggest sin that will do for us next season is poor application. Watch the wolves goal again. He should have got what was a poor pass from mlm, then dioes not tackle, the n does not get back and cover quickly enough and gives up instead of tracking his man who crossez for the goal. That has been the litany of his season.

He needs to go, not good enough.

Matt10

It's amazing how fickle this place is sometimes. We're all a product of our losses and our players get their identities only by that association. How quickly we forget each and every week. It's an absolute joke of an attitude.

It was a collective loss today. We didn't convert our small chances, and we weren't punished for our mishaps. Wolves did their homework in congesting the middle of the pitch, and we struggled to move the ball on the ground to beat them. When we sent the ball over the top to Mitro and Babel, they seemed to be too close to eachother, resulting in Wolves to regain possession easily. Some of the sloppy passes were pretty poor, but also multiple times we were just standing in place. Sess and Bryan made some good runs, but the congest in the midfield meant that Christie and Ream had to try to pick out the through balls. Chambers had a beautiful reverse to Sess that led to Cairney's shot though.

I hope next season this place cools down on the blame game every single match. It's so tiring. We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on May 05, 2019, 02:54:39 AM
It's amazing how fickle this place is sometimes. We're all a product of our losses and our players get their identities only by that association. How quickly we forget each and every week. It's an absolute joke of an attitude.

It was a collective loss today. We didn't convert our small chances, and we weren't punished for our mishaps. Wolves did their homework in congesting the middle of the pitch, and we struggled to move the ball on the ground to beat them. When we sent the ball over the top to Mitro and Babel, they seemed to be too close to eachother, resulting in Wolves to regain possession easily. Some of the sloppy passes were pretty poor, but also multiple times we were just standing in place. Sess and Bryan made some good runs, but the congest in the midfield meant that Christie and Ream had to try to pick out the through balls. Chambers had a beautiful reverse to Sess that led to Cairney's shot though.

I hope next season this place cools down on the blame game every single match. It's so tiring. We win as a team, we lose as a team.

:plus one:

You shouldn't hold your hopes too high though, many seem to almost live for the blame game. Can just keep trying to add some sense to the discussions, but can't make anyone agree. That's unfortunately how it has to be on a forum, and the alternative would not be better.

bobby01

For once I agree with you ,lol, as I said above it is same old same old reoccurring errors. We are never all going to agree that's what makes a forum.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

I half expected a 'Parker Out' thread after yesterday, this being a black and white forum, and I am not surprised Anguissa comes in for a bit of stick (on multiple threads no less) after being conspicuously culpable for the one chance our opponents took yesterday.  Of course he wasn't conspicuously culpable in all the chances our opponents created but didn't take, and wasn't the only player to make mistakes or give a nonchalant appearance when a rather more concerned disposition was required.  Overall we were not good enough to warrant a point but there were bright spots of the kind it was hard to see when Parker's immediate predecessor was around.  It wasn't reminiscent of the poorest games we have had but did remind me of Jokanovic's old chant of bravery, courage and taking on risk until it becomes automatic in response and positive outcome. 

Parker shows some degree of success in pulling his charges together and just because it didn't work out yesterday is not a good enough reason to single out people to rubbish them on here.  But then that has never stopped such comments before, has it?  As I say it is a black and white forum.

ALG01

I agree with everything you say about yesterday's game but do not think i am fickle... all you said was true but babel and Anguisa looked as if they had never played the game before, that is also true. MLM's pass to anguissa for the goal was suicidal ut he still should have got it and not given up.

my opinion of anguisa all season has been wrong man for the job, a couple of improved performances does not a summer make. I do think we have to let him go in summer, other opinions are available but I am not sure what anyone else might be seeing that is eluding me.

however we lost because it was inevitable and i happen to think we also played wrong tactics, TC just has to be more central because every time he came central we looked much more threatening.

Woolly Mammoth

Win or lose Anguissa has very little commitment, a Danny Murphy he ain't, come to think of it he isn't even a Michael Brown.

Never forget your Roots.