watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre season in Portugal

Started by f321ffc, May 05, 2019, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Heard at the game yesterday that we will be playing in Portugal in July no details but hopefully true, went the last time we had games pre season there.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

A little hot in Portugal for football in July I would have thought.

f321ffc

Quote from: filham on May 05, 2019, 06:40:34 PM
We played there in July 2016.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

aaronmcguigan

Under 18s and under 23s were in Porto, in Esposende, last season , playing Braga, Rio Ave and Porto

They also played there the previous season, playing Marinhas, Boavista, Braga and Guimaraes.

In 2016, the seniors played Nacional in the Estadio de Nora, Albufeira drawing 0-0
In 2015, the senior squad went to the Algarve and stayed at the Amendoeira Golf Resort playing Killwall at the resort on 7th July and Aston Villa on the 11th at Estádio da Nora, Albufeira

Jims Dentist

Not football related, but I have 7 days in Albufiera most years.
I recommend it if you like fairly quiet days and the option of more lively (and fairly cheap) nights.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 09, 2019, 07:01:59 PM
I recommend it if you like fairly quiet days and the option of more lively (and fairly cheap) nights.
Sorry forgot to add, don't go peak season.

Jamie88

Really?
Its Portugal not the Congo!
And I'm sure we've played there a couple of times pre season as have hundreds of other clubs

filham

Just hope we have assembled a squad by the time this pre season tour takes place, always seems a waste when new key players arrive late and miss the tour.

aaronmcguigan

Been there once a year for past 5 years. Go in high season and you'll get the hens and stags. Go out of season and you'll be in bars full of golf gentlemen.  Either way you'll have Brits begging you to come into their bar offering you free shots of caramel "alcohol"

Still like the place though, like the flexibility of old town/ new town and ability to escape it all with hiring a car or just heading to beach

Twig

It's Northern Portugal, I would agree if it were down on the Algarve but the Porto area should be fine given the lower intensity of pre season games.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 09, 2019, 11:13:59 PM

Been there once a year for past 5 years. Go in high season and you'll get the hens and stags. Go out of season and you'll be in bars full of golf gentlemen.  Either way you'll have Brits begging you to come into their bar offering you free shots of caramel "alcohol"

Still like the place though, like the flexibility of old town/ new town and ability to escape it all with hiring a car or just heading to beach
Quite so Newry, best out of peak season and old town only for me .
There you can find your own level  of night time entertainment.