more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should We Sign Jay Bothroyd?

Started by White Noise, October 27, 2010, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Jay Bothroyd 'attracting interest from Liverpool and Fulham'

Fulham and Liverpool are among the Premier League clubs maintaining a close interest in Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd.

Cardiff City's Jay Bothroyd is on the transfer radars of a number of teams (Getty)
..The former Arsenal youngster (pictured) has netted four times in his last three matches to take his tally to 11 for the season.

That includes two in Monday's 4-0 win at Leeds which put the Bluebirds joint top of the Championship.

And his excellent form has inevitably alerted a number of top-flight clubs, with striker-light Liverpool currently thought to be leading the chase.

However, manager Roy Hodgson - who is said to be preparing a January bid - could face competition from his old club Fulham, who are also keen to add Bothroyd as another option up front.

The Cottagers are still without Andy Johnson, who has been out for around nine months and is only now returning to training, as well as England man Bobby Zamora, who broke his leg earlier this month.

Premier League newcomers Newcastle are also thought to be keeping tabs on the Bluebirds star.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/845296-jay-bothroyd-attracting-interest-from-liverpool-and-fulham#ixzz13aMfjthH

JezamyBates

]I have my doubts. I think after our exploits of last season and with this being our 10th year in the top flight, surely we can allow ourselves to aim for slightly higher targets than Boothroyd

I would happily take his teammate Bellamy

ImperialWhite

Quote from: JezamyBates on October 27, 2010, 07:55:41 PM
I have my doubts. I think after our exploits of last season and with this being our 10th year in the top flight, surely we can allow ourselves to aim for slightly higher targets than Boothroyd

Don't think it's a question of number of years in the Prem - it's a question of wages. We're the 33rd largest ground in the country (32nd not inc. Wembley). Isn't it the case that Bellamy has some of his wages paid for by Citeh? In any case, I don't think we could sustainably afford the wages of players like Bellamy without leaving us very exposed should the worst happen (i.e. we're relegated or MAF leaves).

p.s. You can't read a grey font!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 27, 2010, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: JezamyBates on October 27, 2010, 07:55:41 PM
I have my doubts. I think after our exploits of last season and with this being our 10th year in the top flight, surely we can allow ourselves to aim for slightly higher targets than Boothroyd

Don't think it's a question of number of years in the Prem - it's a question of wages. We're the 33rd largest ground in the country (32nd not inc. Wembley). Isn't it the case that Bellamy has some of his wages paid for by Citeh? In any case, I don't think we could sustainably afford the wages of players like Bellamy without leaving us very exposed should the worst happen (i.e. we're relegated or MAF leaves).

p.s. You can't read a grey font!
I think he knows that IW. Just anouther of his piss takes on here.

JezamyBates

I feel Boothroyd would offer more than AJ, EJ, Kamara and Elm. Last I heard Cardiff we're on the brink of extintion. Then they get Bellamy and all seemed to be rosy

I see them going up

Mr Fulham

Oh yes, puberty is a difficult time. :doh:

___

I think we should try to get Bothroyd. Cheaper than Croque, and he plays just like Zamora - so the team wouldn't need to make readjustments during matches. Look - he could even be Bobby's twin! :tom:

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Mr Fulham