Started by St Eve, May 10, 2019, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Absolute disgrace. I feel sorry for all of the real fans

Andy S

St Eve

6,000 each for Europa and 16,000 each for CL

Twig

And the venue in Baku holds nearly 69,000 so a total allocation of 12,000 to the 2 finalists is considerably less than 20%. Another example of the corrupt administrators using the game to further their own ends and line their pockets. Disgusting.

Milo

Just read the article on this. Astonishing!

bog

It has always been like this, a complete farce. The Championship play off final is one of the few occasions when both teams get about 36,000. 

Andy S

Nobody objects until they get there. But hey it is not a league made up of champions and runners up it is much more. A club for the richest clubs and the tv companies

sunburywhite

And there are no direct or easy flights there from the UK

Its all about the bung
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Milo

£500 flights. It's far away.

I'd make the effort to go to a Georgia if I was heading in that direction. Great food and wine.

H4usuallysitting

I didn't think Baku was in Europe - but what do I know

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 10, 2019, 11:06:42 AM

Turned in to the Eurovision Song contest now lol
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jamie88

Quote from: Andy S on May 10, 2019, 09:38:13 AM
Nobody objects until they get there. But hey it is not a league made up of champions and runners up it is much more. A club for the richest clubs and the tv companies

I think pretty much everyone objects to the allocations all the time

Ged

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 10, 2019, 11:06:42 AM
im not joking but it is transcontinental part Europe part Asia
the country that is

toshes mate

Azerbaijan is, of course, an oil rich former member of the USSR with borders to Iran, Russia, Georgia, and Armenia, all of which I am sure the selection of the Olympic Stadium in Baku as the venue for the Europa Final had nothing to do with ....

Mitch

The CL is dissapointing, but expected silly numbers like that. The EL however I am astounded by - it's shocking. That said, what will we ever do? Boycott? No chance.

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on May 10, 2019, 12:40:04 PM
Azerbaijan is, of course, an oil rich former member of the USSR with borders to Iran, Russia, Georgia, and Armenia, all of which I am sure the selection of the Olympic Stadium in Baku as the venue for the Europa Final had nothing to do with ....

Indeed

Wingnut

Thought about applying for CL final tickets this year but the price of them turned me off. Category one was €500.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

F(f)CUK

I know the mayor of Baku and other people in the Municipality and continue to spend a reasonable amount of time there. I have found them to be really nice people and fantastic hosts.  I avoid being there for events as hotel prices rocket by up to 20 times the normal amount.

ProfficerFFC

Continental finals should be two legged anyway - home and away. No stupid neutral venues.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope