watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another ground share?

Started by Andy S, May 10, 2019, 12:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Trying to remember what happened when the present Riverside stand was built, I certainly can't recall moving away to groundshare.

bobby01

Quote from: sarnian on May 10, 2019, 11:23:31 AM
Most rebuilds are normally completed with 4 sides available. The Riverside is different as it backs on to the river. Always wondered how difficult the Riverside build could be to complete within the space available without encroachmenton to the pitch.

Perhaps the contractors and sub contractors are now telling the club that they have to move out. Seems common sense to me.

I was under the impression we had negotiated a holding yard behind the Putney end in the park.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

grandad

Quote from: bobby01 on May 10, 2019, 06:05:29 PM
Most rebuilds are normally completed with 4 sides available. The Riverside is different as it backs on to the river. Always wondered how difficult the Riverside build could be to complete within the space available without encroachmenton to the pitch.

Perhaps the contractors and sub contractors are now telling the club that they have to move out. Seems common sense to me.

I was under the impression we had negotiated a holding yard behind the Putney end in the park.

All the heavy equipment & materials will come by river barges. A lot easier than coming by road.
Where there's a will there's a wife

I Ronic

Quote from: grandad on May 10, 2019, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on May 10, 2019, 06:05:29 PM

All the heavy equipment & materials will come by river barges. A lot easier than coming by road.

The Club side of the river is too shallow for anything bigger than a pedalo

Andy S

Were not talking a few brick here There are a fair amount of steel to be removed and brought in. There are only two high tides a day and it is weighty as well. I think it will be moved by road. Sorry but what other reason is there that stops the club selling season tickets?

Born and Bred

There are plans to put a site yard, office etc in a fenced off part of the playing field in Bishops Park, just behind the Putney end. As usual the local lovies have started a campaign/petition to save a tree which will need to come down to create a large access gate to the site!

ffc73

With my Dad & uncle no longer with me to ask & marginally too young myself to remember, can anyone here enlighten me on what happened when the Riverside Stand was originally built?

I know we did not relocate but how long did it take & what access arrangements were required then?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Ged on May 10, 2019, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 10, 2019, 11:09:28 AM
Brentford's old ground will be empty soon....
not for another year

Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't start until next year

H4usuallysitting

Under the cover of night - they could put a rope around the stand and pull it into the river.....stand - what stand

bill taylors apprentice

I believe the riverside terracing was cleared at the end of the 1970/1971 season and the 4,200 Riverside stand was opened in February 1972.

I lived a couple of streets away from the Cottage and don't remember any special access requirements.