watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another ground share?

Started by Andy S, May 10, 2019, 12:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

It seems to me that the most probable reason that there is as of yet no info on season tickets is that we won't be playing at the Cottage next season. Is it that no deal has yet been done as to where we will be playing? So what are the reasons. Cost. The cheapest way to build is to vacate the site. Safety is another factor. Don't forget a certificate from the council is required which would reduce capacity further. I think we will hear soon though

Harko

What is the likely hood of this happening? Considering this years outcome would they fast track a development during a lower tier competition or reconsider their investment in developing the ground?

So many Questions.

John H

hovewhite

Quote from: Harko on May 10, 2019, 01:28:43 AM
What is the likely hood of this happening? Considering this years outcome would they fast track a development during a lower tier competition or reconsider their investment in developing the ground?

So many Questions.

John H
like the song,there are more questions than awnsers.

Mince n Tatties

I've heard(don't know if its true) that we're thinking of ground sharing while the works go on with Ross County...Going to be a long trek for home matches.😵

bobby01

Sorry, I don't quite understand this, plenty of grounds have had new stands built whilst still playing there, it is furthest from the turnstiles so probably the safest one to do.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ScalleysDad

The media rumour mill, the 'gossip' on here and a Club administration that has a tendency to leak has not even flirted with this horrible concept with any gusto and there are no third party rumours out of QPR so I expect this is not going to happen. Cancelling the rebuild? Quite possible.

toshes mate

More evidence that the Club needs to up its PR game, stop behaving like a secret and privileged society, and engage with its real fan base with renewed gusto.  It isn't healthy when it leaks what suits its purpose but fails to deliver a rational monologue on matters that seriously affect the Club on a number of levels.  There are so many things that could be blocking the shortest route to stadium redevelopment (including permissions to locally ground share if that were being considered) quite aside to planning consent.  The fact the development involves the River Thames for both access and construction issues is a unique feature with unique considerations.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 10, 2019, 07:38:35 AM
I've heard(don't know if its true) that we're thinking of ground sharing while the works go on with Ross County...Going to be a long trek for home matches.😵

Leatherhead FC is slightly nearer I would have thought, as is Corinthian Casuals.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: bobby01 on May 10, 2019, 07:44:42 AM
Sorry, I don't quite understand this, plenty of grounds have had new stands built whilst still playing there, it is furthest from the turnstiles so probably the safest one to do.
Yes but in our case there is only access and storage from one side of the building site, the side where the pitch and other stands are.
Oh dear I begin to fear another couple of years at Loftus Road.

Southdowns White

After some consideration I now think I would prefer to share down at the Dog Track, I have plenty of memories from my school and early drinking days around the Broadway and Walham Green, my Secondary school overlooked the ground and was just on the other side of the District line track. The thought of those uncomfortable seats and the hassle of getting up to Shepherd's Bush is not very appealing.

filham

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 10, 2019, 10:25:17 AM
After some consideration I now think I would prefer to share down at the Dog Track, I have plenty of memories from my school and early drinking days around the Broadway and Walham Green, my Secondary school overlooked the ground and was just on the other side of the District line track. The thought of those uncomfortable seats and the hassle of getting up to Shepherd's Bush is not very appealing.
Yes in my young days I too used to go to the Bridge with friends when Fulham were not at home, certainly more comfortable than Loftus Road.

Burt

You went to the Oratory too?

Most of my mates there were supporters of *that lot*, so I would go with them to the dog-track and the following weekend go with Brother Burt to see some proper footy.

Robbie

Totally agree with the OP. There is no room to do the work.
My bet..... don't laugh is Wembley!

Southdowns White

Quote from: Burt on May 10, 2019, 10:39:25 AM

You went to the Oratory too?

Most of my mates there were supporters of *that lot*, so I would go with them to the dog-track and the following weekend go with Brother Burt to see some proper footy.
Yes I went to the Oratory from 76-81 before they showed me the door. Can I just state, apart from watching Fulham play there I only ever went there twice, once to see a fireworks display and also my cousins took me to see a testimonial there in about 1977, I stood in the Shed with my black and white scarf on. Yes most people followed that lot but not many actually went to games.

Nero

its all part of TKs master plan, buy poor players get relegated, less fans come, carry out construction work, get promoted fill new stand. The guy is a genius no need to ground share

H4usuallysitting

Brentford's old ground will be empty soon....

I Ronic

Quote from: toshes mate on May 10, 2019, 08:48:11 AM
More evidence that the Club needs to up its PR game, stop behaving like a secret and privileged society, and engage with its real fan base with renewed gusto.  It isn't healthy when it leaks what suits its purpose but fails to deliver a rational monologue on matters that seriously affect the Club on a number of levels.  There are so many things that could be blocking the shortest route to stadium redevelopment (including permissions to locally ground share if that were being considered) quite aside to planning consent.  The fact the development involves the River Thames for both access and construction issues is a unique feature with unique considerations.

I can't ever think of a time when the Club were quick off the mark announcing anything. If it is a ground share then the league will need to be notified with regard to fixtures. Local council with regard to noise etc. The police. Locals, all before us. So no one's nose is put out of joint. Maybe a short press release along the lines of "There are lots of things happening bear with us." On the plus side they did announce relegation early this year!

H4usuallysitting

I suppose our other "home" ground is in Jacksonville

Ged

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 10, 2019, 11:09:28 AM
Brentford's old ground will be empty soon....
not for another year

sarnian

Most rebuilds are normally completed with 4 sides available. The Riverside is different as it backs on to the river. Always wondered how difficult the Riverside build could be to complete within the space available without encroachmenton to the pitch.

Perhaps the contractors and sub contractors are now telling the club that they have to move out. Seems common sense to me.