News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Pet hates, everyone has them, right?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, May 10, 2019, 09:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd Cupp

People who ......
1- walk slowly infront of you mostly on their mobiles.
2 - In supermarkets wheeling trolleys then just stop ... I mean if they drove like this they would be putting a claim in every hour.
3 - Going through the gates at train station, they get to the gate then decide to look for ticket.
4 - Almost the same as above but queue up waiting for a bus for a few mins get on said bus THEN look for pass..!!
5 - Ones that queue up for service at take out, supermarket counter etc but then ponder on what they want when asked "can I help you"
6 - The supermarket check out person who says "would you like a bag(s)" when you have a weekly shop..."Nope Im just gonna squeeze it into my tiny pockets..!!"
7 - Kids in Pubs running around whilst parents are oblivious to the chaos its causing.
8 - Mainly Tourists especially on busy Street pavements that Just stop walking infront of you.
9 - The ones that spit chewing gum onto the floor
10 - Plastic/Armchair supporters that when their so called team beats you think its fun to rip the pee outta you.

and relax......!! 

Holders

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 11, 2019, 03:15:45 PM
1.  Litter
2.  Vulgar language
3.  Exaggeration / embellished stories
4.  The appalling behaviour in the House of Commons
5.  Reporters who shout, "Are you going to resign today, Minister?" (or similarly fatuous questions) which no politician is ever going to answer.
6.  Interviewees (especially on the radio) who start every answer with, "So".  Actually it's a national disease, but will pass eventually.
&.  "Could of, should of, would of, must of", etc..  It's "could've, should've would've, must've".  It's spoken as well as written and it's been with us for 20 years, ar least.

Litter and the last one in particular: It's "I have done something or I could have done something" NOT "I of done something or I could of done something".
Rising intonation at the end of a sentence that isn't a question. The source for this is "Neighbours" circa 1970s.
Starting a response (see 6 above) with "so" instead of "well". This is fairly new.
"Can I get" when they mean "may I have". The customer asks if he/she may have it, the person serving is the one who gets it.
Media as a singular when they mean medium. "This media" - I ask you!
"Referendums" when they mean referenda.
"Stadiums" when they mean stadia.
"Forums" when they mean fora.
American spelling by non-Americans.
Graham Norton.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mrmicawbers

Burt

Part of my commute is walking between Waterloo Station and Soho, and I have three major gripes:

People who are walking along but aren't looking where they are going because they are busy on their phones, or reading their Kindle, or watching something on their iPad, as they are walking.

People who use golf umbrellas the size of Belgium when it's raining.

People who drop litter.

Holders

People who walk along the street in front of you smoking furiously, leaving a trail of smoke in their wake, because they know that they won't be allowed to in the office.

Harry Bayles

When you're queueing for petrol and the person in front of you parks at the pump and goes and buys a paper and no petrol

Berserker

Hyperactive co workers that sit by you. Constantly on the phone, talking, typing in an extreme manor as if on Speed (or what ever the equivalent drug is now adays)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Quote from: Carborundum on May 11, 2019, 01:22:50 PM
Padding downstairs at 6.00am to find that our pet has done something I'm going to hate cleaning up, but it just has to be done because I'm not going to sit drinking a cup of tea staring at the evidence.  Twice this week.   Rest of family stirring eventually and, on being updated that the cats in disgrace invariably responding with "poor old cat" and "let's make a fuss of him". 

Love em all to bits really.
I did it during the night as the cat kept jumping on my head so went down stairs to see if it needed food.  I didn't have my glasses on and had bare feet. I suddenly felt something squisy oozing up between my toes. You've guessed it I'd trodden on cat sick!!

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mince n Tatties

Gregg's and MacDonald's the eyesore of every High St in the country now....Please let me blow the sh**holes up,Please.😠

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 11, 2019, 06:49:45 PM
Gregg's and MacDonald's the eyesore of every High St in the country now....Please let me blow the sh**holes up,Please.😠

Don't know about Greggs but I was shocked to find Mc Donald's in beautiful Kitzbuehel and Wenceslas Square, Prague. Oh, and that's another pet hate - people who call chips "fries".

Mince n Tatties

I was walking along Newmarket high st one day when my dog bent down to sniff a Gregg's sausage roll that had been dropped outside their shop..
He didn't touch it and as we walked along he looked up at me and said in doggie language... Gr Gr woof woof,woofie woof grrrr...Which translated said"Feckin hell do you humans actually eat that crap"..🐕🐕🐕

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Holders on May 11, 2019, 06:54:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 11, 2019, 06:49:45 PM

Don't know about Greggs but I was shocked to find Mc Donald's in beautiful Kitzbuehel and Wenceslas Square, Prague. Oh, and that's another pet hate - people who call chips "fries".

There's one in the middle of Egypt too. Right by the Nile. I mean, they're gonna wanna spend little money they have on a McFlurry.

I ate in a wimpy that's within the spray limits of Victoria falls in Zimbabwe. That blew my mind a little.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

SP

Quote from: Berserker on May 11, 2019, 06:35:10 PM
Hyperactive co workers that sit by you. Constantly on the phone, talking, typing in an extreme manor as if on Speed (or what ever the equivalent drug is now adays)

Same problem in my office.  I've threatened to make the culprit wear mittens which has made absolutely no difference, he still pounds his keyboard. He also had the check to moan about my colleague for making excessive noise.

mrmicawbers

Buying a sandwich in a petrol station and saying just the Sandwich thank you.They then asking any Fuel FFS.
Tim Lovejoy.

Twig

Litter louts and fly tippers. I despise people who don't respect our environment.

Jims Dentist

YankeeJim

1. Going to a large store and getting behind some overweight gal who has her trolley parked at an angle while she stands aside it and yaks in loudly in Spanish on her bleeping phone. 
2. That same gal at checkout who's still on the phone and waits until her purchases are totaled before reaching for payment.
3. Stopping for fast food and having that same woman in front of me with three kids, waiting until she's in front to ask her rugrats what they want and then arguing with each of them and the not having her payment ready while still on the phone.
(This behavior should be an immediate death sentence).
4. Gum chewers.
5. People who call fries, chips.  :005:

1, 2 and three are LA things
BTW, while reading this thread I had to Google four different words. You guys may have invented the language but your slang is often odd.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

mrmicawbers

Girls with Tattoos
Trendy Beards
Men wearing trousers halfway down their Arse Whats that all about.
People playing loud music in their cars with windows down.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

My top three things are;

1. People who make lists.

2. People who can't count.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 11, 2019, 07:37:35 PM

BTW, while reading this thread I had to Google four different words. You guys may have invented the language but your slang is often odd.

Your absolutely spot on. We did invent the language, and it is Cosha, and sweet as a nut, sweet as. A right touch. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.