Dr Know

ProfficerFFC

Quote from: Dr Know on May 10, 2019, 08:45:03 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 10, 2019, 08:25:37 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 10, 2019, 11:06:42 AM
I didn't think Baku was in Europe - but what do I know
it definitely not.
It is in Europe !
In footballing terms it's in Europe (UEFA), geographically it's pretty much the border between Europe and Asia.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Apparently a spokesman  has said that when the final was arranged for Baku they did not think that many supporters would want to make the journey and that was the reason for the low allocation.
Crazy thinking and crazy planning with complete disregard for the supporters of the finalist teams.

bobbo

it definitely not.
It is in Europe !
i bow down to your superior knowledge. But I've spent my life being very interested in geography and can't help thinking the powers do what they want to suit their situations. It was always recognised the turkey was the edge of Europe but since the soviet break up. They've moved the line.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mike the White

According to a travel expert on tv, BA are charging £1300 quid for a return flight to Madrid and they're selling like hotcakes. You can get a return flight to Australia for less> Greedy B....ards

Jamie88

Quote from: bobbo on May 11, 2019, 08:35:09 AM
it definitely not.
It is in Europe !
i bow down to your superior knowledge. But I've spent my life being very interested in geography and can't help thinking the powers do what they want to suit their situations. It was always recognised the turkey was the edge of Europe but since the soviet break up. They've moved the line.

They are part of the European council but yes it seems they are so far east that they should be Asia

Bill2

Interesting that there is nothing about the club themselves laying on some sort of transport such as charter flights. I know Fulham did when we went to Wolfsburg.

Burt

Quote from: Bill2 on May 11, 2019, 03:43:32 PM
Interesting that there is nothing about the club themselves laying on some sort of transport such as charter flights. I know Fulham did when we went to Wolfsburg.

And the final - Brother Burt and I got a tickets-for-the-final and a return flight to Hamburg charter package that the club laid on.

Wingnut

Quote from: Bill2 on May 11, 2019, 03:43:32 PM

The airport over there doesn't have the capacity to handle many charters, I believe and the slots that are available are very expensive.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.