watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangelanh not writing his column for us next season

Started by The Swan, May 16, 2019, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I have always enjoyed Hangeland column . He has said that he won't have enough time to write it next season. He is doing TV work which won't leave him time.

What a shame as I have always enjoyed his wise words.I think if he had been given a coaching role for our defenders we would not have let in so many goals. I will miss you.
The Swan

Twig

Sting of the North

I like him as well. However, does he have any coaching credentials at all? Playing, writing an opinion, and coaching are different things. Being good at one, or two, doesn't mean you are good at the other. I personally prefer to have coaches coaching.

junior white

he was doing TV work this season as well for Norwegian TV (has done since he retired i believe), maybe he just focuses the prem

Mince n Tatties

Or he's got the hump,as that defender he recommended, turned out to be no good. :022:

HV71

Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 07:56:42 AM
he was doing TV work this season as well for Norwegian TV (has done since he retired i believe), maybe he just focuses the prem

I was in Oslo last week and he was certainly busy  as a pundit covering the Champions League. Watched  the games in a bar and he is a real hero amongst the locals and so well respected. Speaks well and has good insights into the game ,

bog

Will never forget Breda. The way he was treated when he left was scandalous. His partnership with Aaron Hughes was one of the best we ever had at the back.  :54:

092.gif

Andy S

I don't think Hangeland was a great defender for us nor was Hughes but without a doubt as a pair they were superb and probably one of our best pairings ever

res

Quote from: Andy S on May 17, 2019, 08:28:17 AM
I don't think Hangeland was a great defender for us nor was Hughes but without a doubt as a pair they were superb and probably one of our best pairings ever

I haven't got the stats but it was remarkable (especially being centre backs) how many games H&H played for us with only a handful of bookings and injuries (Hangeland did get one red for a mistimed tackle on Catterole).

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Andy S on May 17, 2019, 08:28:17 AM

I think that's incredibly harsh, he was an excellent defender for us.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

junior white

Quote from: HV71 on May 17, 2019, 08:14:01 AM

I was in Oslo last week and he was certainly busy  as a pundit covering the Champions League. Watched  the games in a bar and he is a real hero amongst the locals and so well respected. Speaks well and has good insights into the game ,
Wasnt having a go at him but just saying he covers the prem so made sense really for him not to continue

HV71

Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 10:09:03 AM
Quote from: HV71 on May 17, 2019, 08:14:01 AM

Wasnt having a go at him but just saying he covers the prem so made sense really for him not to continue-Ostend purely to add weight to your thoughts that his TV work was indeed taking up a lot of time

Didn't think for one minute you were having a go at him Junior White _ I

HV71

...was purely adding weight to your very good point that he was doing a lot of tv work