watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR... Watford, The Fa Cup, Elton John and all that

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 17, 2019, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

One of Elton's sons actually plays for Watford, but he is only eight years old, so probably won't play in the final. However he and his brother are going to be mascots.

Surprised that Elton is not going to be there, maybe too emotional for him, it certainly was last time.

And the movie RocketMan is out next week.

So good luck Mr John, hope you have a great week.

I think they have a decent chance of a surprise. If they do win, I bet some headlines will definitely contain the phrase "Rocket Men", especially if they are affiliated with the same media company as the film.

hovewhite

Wish Watford good luck tomorrow .I love FA cup day the build up on TV and the game and no pressure game just good fun.

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://youtu.be/qLGEhcCndkw

Nice 1 minute video of Elton, his cousin Roy scoring in the final, and the Cup.

bog

Beamer

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 18, 2019, 11:57:57 AM
https://youtu.be/qLGEhcCndkw

Nice 1 minute video of Elton, his cousin Roy scoring in the final, and the Cup.

Roy Dwight also played 80 games for Fulham.

filham

My son in law and granddaughter are Watford fans, I tried hard to make her follow Fulham but failed, I am expecting a telephone report from Wembley at half time.
Come on Watford.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Honestly I had a snooze and woke up at 89 mins, glimpsed the TV with tired eyes and for a couple of minutes thought it was 0-0....

So, 6-0 to City, but why do I find them and their fans so incredibly passionless. I just find them so hard to 'enjoy', probably more so than any successful team I have seen.

They are just SO 'controlled' I think. They have just won the treble, and it just does not feel.special at all.All I really take from them this season is the very impressive level of Sterling's performances, and that goal by Kompany.

flyingfish

The style of football and complete non competitiveness makes most recent man city games I have tried to watch so incredibly dull. The game at the cottage was boring. It's anti competitive and anti sport and the thought that they have acquired the advantage illegally makes it worse. I like Kompany as a person and it's good to see some player's growth but really, i dontbsee much to celebrate in a 6 0 result in a cup final.

SP

H4usuallysitting

Andy S

I would prefer to get relegated than suffer a defeat like that in the cup final. It was embarrassing. Yes I know that City are a good team but it makes me realise that the gap between 11th in the league and bottom is not that big

Oakeshott

Watford is my nearest club, geographically speaking, and some of my friends are Watford fans, as loyal to their club as we are to ours.

I was thus hoping they would do a Wigan, but after that one great chance early on they were never in contention and the margin of City's victory was about right in terms of the play and difference in class. Difficult, I imagine, to come away from the ground as a Watford fan and take any pleasure in the day, but the reality is, as suggested above, substitute half the other Premiership clubs for Watford (most certainly including us) and they would have been equally heavily hammered or even worse.

The occasional upset notwithstanding, there are half a dozen clubs in the Premiership head and shoulders better than the rest and, as they've proved over the season, at the moment City are the best of the best.

The one redeeming aspect of relegation is that, assuming Scott Parker comes good, we will have a real chance of some kind of result in every game we play. This season there were at least a dozen games where we had virtually no chance however well we played, and of course that is true for every lower to middle ranking team, too. I think it is different from when we were in the Premiership before and could sometimes beat the Chelseas or Man Us. The gap between the best and the rest has widened.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on May 19, 2019, 01:14:55 AM
I would prefer to get relegated than suffer a defeat like that in the cup final. It was embarrassing. Yes I know that City are a good team but it makes me realise that the gap between 11th in the league and bottom is not that big

It's Character Building, strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

The fact that right now with almost 100% certainty we can predict the top six in the Premier League for next season cannot be good for football.

SG

Don't even bother to watch the final now. If it isn't two of the top six year in year out, it is this sort of predictable result.
Gone is the excitement and tension of not knowing the outcome before the game. This will kill football as we know it as the big 6 get bigger at the expense of all others.

Watford_fc

Was quite painful in the end as Man City never stopped going for goals and we sort of gave up I feel at 4/0.

Supporters were very good but shame we didn't take those chances earlier on or just defend better to give them more of a game as we did in the league this season.

Burt

Quote from: Watford_fc on May 19, 2019, 06:05:34 PM
Was quite painful in the end as Man City never stopped going for goals and we sort of gave up I feel at 4/0.

Supporters were very good but shame we didn't take those chances earlier on or just defend better to give them more of a game as we did in the league this season.

I've got to say that your support was bloody amazing, all things considered. Never gave up despite what was going happening on the pitch. It's pretty clear City would have demolished anyone yesterday, and even if Pereyra's early chance had been tucked away I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

"There's always next season", as we say around these parts  :dft011:

Fernhurst

Embarrassed for Watford and The FA ...... a ritual slaughter. Think a few people need to sit down and consider where The Premier League goes from here.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Burt on May 19, 2019, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: Watford_fc on May 19, 2019, 06:05:34 PM

I've got to say that your support was bloody amazing, all things considered. Never gave up despite what was going happening on the pitch. It's pretty clear City would have demolished anyone yesterday, and even if Pereyra's early chance had been tucked away I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

"There's always next season", as we say around these parts  :dft011:

Yes - tbh not sure we would have done it against any other team being 6-0 down.

Quite a few stayed for the trophy presentation  too which is unusual.

HV71

Your support yesterday was true class - in incredibly difficult circumstances. Like many other neutrals, I'm sure, I desperately wanted you to win ( I don't hate City - just don't want any club to dominate) - but never mind you have had a good season and hopefully you will continue to do well in the Prem for years to come