watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-No planing required!

Started by bog, May 25, 2019, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I see the government has relaxed all laws for house extensions of a single floor design. Any one can do what they like up to a maximum length. Longer for a detached property. This will also effect the quality of the build as councils will not looking in at regular intervals to see what is going on. What nonsense! Who is responsible for this latest catastrophic idea?  Roy Rogers builders will be riding into town in even greater numbers!!  :doh:

092.gif

filham

Really can't see any sense in this at all. The cowboy builders will be laughing all the way to the bank, it gives me nightmares to think of some of the horrible ideas they will be suggesting to poor home owners who are desperate for more living space.

Even with planning in place it surprises me how some awful work is permitted, remove the planning need and a free for all is going to ruin the appearance of a lot of areas.

bog

filham, there are a frightening number of b***** idiots in positions they have no right to be in. Very worrying.  :doh:

092.gif

SP

Croydon Council seem to allow anything these days.  The Victorian house just down the road was converted into flats & assorted out houses.  It has caused real problems with the parking & bus access.  With more conversions & demolitions underway, it's only going to get worse.

Riversider

I for one was delighted when I saw the news this morning.
Sorry

I Ronic

I think you'll still need to obtain building regs and that will need to be signed off.

bog

Quote from: Riversider on May 25, 2019, 04:25:30 PM
I for one was delighted when I saw the news this morning.
Sorry

I have no idea of why.....

cookieg

Having had planning permission turned down for a porch because it would "unbalance a semi detached house" this is about time. These planning officers think their gods denying people the opportunity to expand. I get that there shouldn't be any huge monstrosities but common sense should prevail.

deadcowboys

Quote from: cookieg on May 25, 2019, 09:48:54 PM
Having had planning permission turned down for a porch because it would "unbalance a semi detached house" this is about time. These planning officers think their gods denying people the opportunity to expand. I get that there shouldn't be any huge monstrosities but common sense should prevail.

Sadly common sense & property extensions seem rarely compatible in my part of London. I would ban loft conversions outside the original roof line.

Statto

Quote from: I Ronic on May 25, 2019, 04:41:04 PM
I think you'll still need to obtain building regs and that will need to be signed off.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan