watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Are Your Hopes/Expectations Now?

Started by White Noise, October 29, 2010, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Now we are about a quarter of the season through and have had a chance to look at our new manager (Ok, I know some of you said you would give him 10 games before passing judgement and we've only had 9) what are you thinking the season will finish up like?

I still think we will finish top 10 and am going for 9th. I can see us getting to the quarters of the FA Cup but I think there will be a fairly big inflow of players come January so it may take some time for Sparky to find his best team.

SuffolkWhite

I'm sticking with 9th also and hopefully a decent run in the F.A Cup. A win tomorrow and we are in touching distance of 7th to 10th depending on results.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AlFayedsChequebook

I originally though top half, but with all the injuries and our start I am thinking 12-16. I think over the next few games it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...

TonyGilroy

I think this is going to be a tough season.

I don't doubt that Hughes will prove to be a good appointment and will be a success but all I want from this season is to avoid relegation.

There's a bigger rebuild necessary than I thought and I suspect Mark Hughes probably thought the same.

ron

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2010, 11:14:31 AM
I think this is going to be a tough season.

I don't doubt that Hughes will prove to be a good appointment and will be a success but all I want from this season is to avoid relegation.

There's a bigger rebuild necessary than I thought and I suspect Mark Hughes probably thought the same.

+1      

LBNo11

...13th or 14th, based on injuries sustained, new players coming in and 'gelling'of the squad -  and the most appalling catalogue of errors made by referees and linesmen likely to continue...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

I hope to finish inside the top ten and make it to Wembley (Semi final would do me).

I expect to avoid the relegation battle but finish circa 14-15th and make it to the 5th round in the cup.

If we don't beat Wigin then I think we all need to hope that we don't get relegated.

jarv

Referee decisions have cost 4 points I think. (spuds, blackburn and I think one wba goal was offside but could be wrong).
If those points were on the board, Fulham would be looking much stronger and we would not be asking the question.
However, I hope 10-12 at least.

SmithyFFC

To keep above 15th until Feb.

After then with new signings come in and Bobby back from injury things could get very interesting.
FTID

MikeR

Hope: 7th place in the league, FA cup semis
Expect, based on our record of injury & ref misfortune so far: 11th in the league, FA cup 4th round
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Lighthouse

Well as I said when Roy left, the squad was weak. Despite the great season we had it did not take much to upset the team once the injury to BZ happened. We simply are short of a good centre part of the team once a few players are missing. I also said Swart was showing signs towards the end of last season of making bad choices and being slow and this has also continued.

But as long as we do not implode by February I still see us having a goodish season. Which for me is always 10th or above. IF we can buy a forward or two and a central midfielder then we really are not that far away from being a good side. I like what MH is doing and if it was not for the worst game of the season against the overrated West Brom I would be even happier.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

I have my annual trip to UK coming up and have just purchased 2 tickets for the Brummy game. My hope is I can SEE THE GAME. All that was left was top corner section Z in the Riverside or row B at the Hammy end. I opted for Z in case it rains.
Just pleased I will be at the match!

VicHalomsLovechild

Bairdino to score the winner against Chelsea. Nothing changed on that front for me.  :yay:

os5889

alfie

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 29, 2010, 11:03:28 AM
I originally though top half, but with all the injuries and our start I am thinking 12-16. I think over the next few games it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...

Why is it?  whats wrong with it just getting better
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

os5889

Quote from: jarv on October 29, 2010, 04:44:18 PM
I have my annual trip to UK coming up and have just purchased 2 tickets for the Brummy game. My hope is I can SEE THE GAME. All that was left was top corner section Z in the Riverside or row B at the Hammy end. I opted for Z in case it rains.
Just pleased I will be at the match!

No bad seats at the cottage (except directly behind the big green pillar)!

jarv

Mr. Os,   I know. I would rather have been at the other end though. Near the Hammy crowd.