watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Rant

Started by Peabody, May 28, 2019, 08:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I'm getting totally fed up with people whinging about the prices of things. £1.25 for a Tea, £1.75 for a Coffee, £2 for a slice of cake and £2.50 for car parking, any more complaints I will honestly stop inviting people round to my house!

Dodger53

Cheaper than anything round here Peabody, remind me.... where do you live and opening hours!

cottage expat

Quote from: Peabody on May 28, 2019, 08:13:05 PM

I'm getting totally fed up with people whinging about the prices of things. £1.25 for a Tea, £1.75 for a Coffee, £2 for a slice of cake and £2.50 for car parking, any more complaints I will honestly stop inviting people round to my house!

Is that what you charge your guests ? You must be raking in a fortune (-:

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've got an offer for any UK Fulham fans,
I live in Delray Beach, Florida (about 4 miles from the sea)
We have a spare double bedroom and it's available free of charge.
Here's the catch.
There is a mandatory charge of $38 per serson for breakfast.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

snarks

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on May 28, 2019, 11:34:16 PM
Here's the catch.

great - as no one here is a serson we all get breakfast for free. What a generous man you are Roger, and such a cunning way to offer

Woolly Mammoth

Ime on a diet, so it won't cost me a penny.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: snarks on May 29, 2019, 07:28:37 AM
Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on May 28, 2019, 11:34:16 PM
Here's the catch.

great - as no one here is a serson we all get breakfast for free. What a generous man you are Roger, and such a cunning way to offer

Ah, but you have to buy a 1 or 2 week serson ticket, you can by them from me @ www.sersontickets.con
Buy 2 weeks and you get to watch a re-run of the last epidode of Game of Thrones and the entire collection
of Downton Abbey.
A good saving as you won't waste money going out to eat and I may, I said may, cook you genuine English
Sausage Toad in the hole

I just notice you said "we ALL get......."
Our spare bed can sleep up to 9 people, top-and-tailed, there would be a reduction for 'bulk buying'

Let me know when you want to come and ...........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not known as Thenadier for no reason
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

Problem I have these days is how to pay, can you confirm that Bank of England Notes, Credit Cards, Bank Cards, Chegues and On Line Transfers will all be accepted and that parking is free for pushbikes.

Peabody

Quote from: filham on May 31, 2019, 10:55:10 AM

Problem I have these days is how to pay, can you confirm that Bank of England Notes, Credit Cards, Bank Cards, Chegues and On Line Transfers will all be accepted and that parking is free for pushbikes.

No, absolutely not, cycles are 50p more.

RaySmith

As long as cash is accepted I don't mind.

I really feel old when I go to London, my hometown, now - no cash accepted in the supermarket,  on the tube, which no longer has ticket offices, or even on the bus. People even use  a cashless card to buy a pint!

bill taylors apprentice

I live a few minutes from Lincoln Castle and the Cathedral and last week found myself in a chemist in the cobbled streets between the 2 historic buildings asking for cough medicine.

It was the same stuff I usually buy out of the tourist area for £1.50 ish but here it was £5.60!

I said to the pharmacist  in a humorous fashion (or so I thought) "I might have a southern accent mate but I'm not a bloody tourist, I actually live round the corner"!

His reply was "I don't care where you come from, if you don't want it bugger off"
In a way I admired his attitude!

Its still generally much cheaper and nicer here than London & the SE,